smarba 31-Mar-17
CJE 31-Mar-17
Brotsky 31-Mar-17
CJE 31-Mar-17
earlyriser 31-Mar-17
Matt 01-Apr-17
The last savage 01-Apr-17
22-Mar-17
swhacker coming out with 150 gr. 3 inch cut coming soon ?? its turkey season this should be a good head .. any one know when ? called swhacker, had no call back or response from them?? like there bh.

22-Mar-17
i shoot the NAP FOC 3 1/4" cut mechanical for turkeys - its basically the same design as swhacker i think. its made for cross bows but i shoot it off a compound.

its 175 grains - and that is what i shoot on fixed blade so it matches my set up perfectly.

They also make a turkey version that has a soft point tip.

it is devastating - i've killed 4 toms with it and it leaves a huge hole and i have only gotten one pass through and it was a poor shot - but still got the bird.

22-Mar-17
Something funny about those big heads...I like to carve up my bird after it comes out of the oven - not before:)

24-Mar-17
Mechanicals and turkeys don't mix, shoot them through the vitals with a fixed blade and he ain't going 20 yards...You want a pass through in my opinion.

24-Mar-17
What's wrong with mechs on turkey??

24-Mar-17
i disagree with shooting a turkey with a fixed blade. i have killed turkeys with fixed blades and i have a much much shorter track job - if any with mechanicals - really big cut mechanicals that is.

i shoot monster fixed blade heads all the time for all 4 legged creatures - 175 grain 2" cut silver flame XXL's - i shot a turkey right through the wing joint at 8 yards and it stuck in the dirt on the other side and the turkey flew away but died in the air about 40-50yds away - this is not what i want when shooting a turkey - i want to roll him over....

since i started using the NAP - FOC i rarely get a pass through and it really hammers the turkey when it hits him. its my opinion that you want the full force of the arrow impact to be absorbed by the turkey and knock him off his feet. in fact i blunt the tip of my mechanical heads in order to help aid with the blunt force trama...

You can shoot them with a field point in the breast frame and it will kill them dead, but turkey vitals are really really small and i want all the help i can get.

24-Mar-17
You do not want a pass through! Scooby

24-Mar-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I have killed 44 turkeys and 41 geese with the NAP Shockwave mech BH.

25-Mar-17
Agree with olebuck

25-Mar-17
I plan on using the muzzy bullhead. Calling them a little closer and taking the head off. I shoot beer caps with field points at 20 yds. I think I can hit him in the head

25-Mar-17
I plan on using the muzzy bullhead. Calling them a little closer and taking the head off. I shoot beer caps with field points at 20 yds. I think I can hit him in the head

25-Mar-17
Bowtech, Magnus makes the Bullhead not Muzzy. Just wanted to make sure when you were lookin to buy some you were looking in the right place.

25-Mar-17
Vortex is back with its 2 3/4" 2 blades heads (100 and 125 gr) which are magic on turkeys.

You can count me in the camp of using the largest cutting diameter mechanical broadhead that is practical and keeping the arrow in the bird if at all possible. I had a season a number of years ago where I shot 3 birds with the big Vortex and the combined tracking distance was something like 7 yards.

31-Mar-17
paul@the fort,,,,,,thats the best mech I ever shot!!!!

31-Mar-17
Matt+1.

When I use up all my Spitfires it will be back to the Vortex. Favorite mechanical for turkeys?

Do you know if they have any plans on making the 2" steel ferrule broadhead again? I loved that head too.

31-Mar-17
Paul at the fort,

85 animals taken with this broadhead does not constitute enough data to be scientifically certain that they are effective!!!

You need to get out and collect more critters (data)!!! Ha ha!

Mark

31-Mar-17
Mark: I was going to echo your comment about Paul - if he would have used a different broadhead he would have killed them deader!

31-Mar-17
I've shot them with both fixed and mechanical and I don't recall ever losing one with a mechanical. When I shot compound, I would open the head up before the shot and it worked great. With traditional, I stick with a big fixed blade and as long as I put the arrow where it is supposed to be, they don't go far.

31-Mar-17
Man, I wish I could have generated this much interest in a 3" schwacker in my college days. :)

31-Mar-17
LMAO

31-Mar-17
Sounds a little small to me;)

01-Apr-17
"Do you know if they have any plans on making the 2" steel ferrule broadhead again? I loved that head too. "

I've been working on Dennis to no avail, but will keep on him. That is my favorite broadhead of all time but I am down to less than 1/2 dozen ferrules.

01-Apr-17
Brotsky..... That's fantastic!!!!!!!!! Paul is a damn serious Hunter boys!!! The three inch mech head sounds like a turkey killer!

• Sitka Gear