Tilzbow 22-Mar-17
sticksender 22-Mar-17
MathewsMan 22-Mar-17
Twanger 22-Mar-17
sfiremedic 22-Mar-17
StickFlicker 22-Mar-17
ridgerunnerron 26-Mar-17
22-Mar-17
Since I've spent a fair amount of time, and can't seem to find a solid answer, can someone give me the short answer on if there are only particular units that Non-Residents can actually draw a bighorn sheep tag, both desert and RM, and which units those would be? I know they are really long odds, and they charge a lot of money which they hold onto for some time. That's all fine, would just hate to apply for units that are literally impossible as a NR, if there is such a thing in that state. Thanks!

22-Mar-17
In the past residents and non-residents were in the same pool for NM sheep. I believe there's a guided pool and a non-guided pool but no distinction between residents and non-residents. That said I haven't applied for a couple of years so it may have changed.

22-Mar-17
No restriction by unit. In other words NR can apply for and draw any unit.

The restriction is in the total number of ram tags allowed per species (DBH & RMBH).

The limit has been 2 Outfitted ram tags per species (anyone applying with an outfitter is eligible, Res or NR).

There's been 1 Non-Resident, non-outfitted ram tag allowed, per species.

22-Mar-17
Price deters me...

22-Mar-17
I think the correct answer is that they give out 2 outfitter tags for each of the two types of sheep and one NR tag for each type of sheep. The first ones drawn gets the tags regardless of what unit. If two outfitter tags are drawn for the same unit they may throw out the second one and draw again. With the NR tags that is not an issue as there is only one. The odds are something like one in 500 for the outfitter and 1 in 1000 for the NR tag. You do have a chance and a better on this year because I decided to keep my $13 app fee and consider my self a winner of $13. Good luck to you. If more of us drop out you will have a better chance but don't pack your bag yet.

22-Mar-17
My buddy drew a desert bighorn and harvested a beauty in Dec. He put in for 20yrs and finally drew....OMG you should see his ram... Well worth the wait...

You miss 100%of the shots you don't take... The deadline to put in is 5:00 today... Nm time.

22-Mar-17
Thanks guys. I appreciate the info.

26-Mar-17
Sticksender's above info here is exact...as usual.

• Sitka Gear