IdyllwildArcher 24-Mar-17
PECO 24-Mar-17
kota-man 24-Mar-17
DL 24-Mar-17
ben h 24-Mar-17
BOWUNTR 25-Mar-17
Jaquomo 25-Mar-17
22-Mar-17
Those of you still living in the free world might want to see what's happening on the lower left coast. Californians bought 1.3 million guns last year. Why? Because the CA State Legislature was/is trying like hell to take them away, and candidate Clinton campaigned that she would do the same, with a predictable buying frenzy. Meanwhile, thanks to former CA Attorney General and now US Senator Harris, Californians unlike the rest of the country cannot buy a single new model semiautomatic handgun, and the roster of those it is legal to buy shrinks almost monthly. Why? Because former AG Harris certified that the technology to "microstamp" cartridges fired from semiautomatic handguns is "generally available", even though the technology necessary to actually do so both commercially (and not in a lab) and in compliance with the microstamping law does not exist. In the CA Legislature, the Senate Public Safety Committee kicked off the one (Republican) pro-gun member, while at the same time publicly telling firearms advocates that that the Committee thinks they are "despicable." A law enacted in the last session will soon require ammunition buyers to buy a $50 license (with a background check) for the privilege of buying ammunition, and wherein each sale will be checked against the Armed Prohibited persons database (another fee), full identifying information of the buyer, the caliber (or gauge) and amount of the ammunition purchased taken down and reported to the State Department of Justice. The same law effectively bans internet purchases of (less costly) ammunition and the delivery of ammunition to your house. It is also now illegal to go to the gun range with a friend and let him shoot your guns, for reasons no gun owner can fathom--except that the Legislature hates us and would ban all guns if it was legal to do so.

22-Mar-17
I moved to California when I was 19 from my home state of NC. It's a beautiful state and the weather (at least on the central coast) is probably the best in the world. But that is about all Ca has going for it.

It's a pity, really.

22-Mar-17
Only thing i see thats worth anything out there is in what trkyslyr and joe post about....

22-Mar-17
I enjoyed the time I spent in Sonoma county from 95 till 04. Yeah, the politics suck, people are all in a hurry to go no where, and it will cost you a lot to live there. But I find myself missing the weather, coast, Tahoe, hot women, excellent food, and secret spots.

23-Mar-17

elkstabber's Link
Thanks williamtell for the reality check. On the opposite end of the country we have liberal gun laws in Virginia. So liberal, in fact, that convicted felons can regain their gun rights. I found this out when I caught two trespassers on my farm. The mouthy one was a convicted felon who had regained his rights to own a gun. Despite the video that I brought to the courtroom the judge threw out the case.

A lot of people probably won't believe me when I say that convicted felons can own guns in Virginia. So I've posted a link. The process for felons to own guns is simple and is done every day.

I'm not anti-gun. I own 5. I am against convicted felons owning guns.

23-Mar-17
Yep- No Felony gun owners!!! I HATE California, It Sucks! That's why moved out of there 15 years ago! I hate even going back to see my kids and my mom! There is nothing that state has to offer for me. Too expensive, Too many people, too many laws, too many illegals that can and do anything they want at the expense of the tax payer, too much traffic... wanna know how I really feel??? It involves a bunch of F bombs!

Scar.

23-Mar-17
Peco, I lived in Mendocino county for 2yrs... needless to say it was basically a 2yr party. It was great chasing bears in those lush fern covered forests.

23-Mar-17
Depends on the felony . If a guy robbed a bank with a pistol I can see him not being allowed to arm up again . If a guy wrote a 1000$ Bad check but no violence or anything threatening it was involved then I'm ok with that guy owning a gun .

23-Mar-17
California, and many other places, holds no allure for me. But before it slides off into the Pacific, I hope Chris and Joe kill a few more of those libtard turkeys !

23-Mar-17
"libtard turkeys" LOL

23-Mar-17
Weren't they talking about seceding from the US after Trump was elected? How can we accomplish that?

23-Mar-17
If they can petition to succeed surely we can petition to succeed from them.

23-Mar-17
The Northern third is already trying to "secede" from the rest of "CommieFornia".

Let us get the "State of Jefferson" first...then the rest can become its own Communist Nation. No State Controlled by 3 large cities (LA, SF, and San Diego) should have 55 Electoral Votes !

23-Mar-17
I used to drive a semi from the east coast to California you could run 65 - 75 mph all the way across but as soon as you crossed into the Wako state the truck speed was 55 and right lane only. Cars would just flat out fly across I 10 headed back to LA . Cars would travel 100 mph and if the highway patrol caught a truck doing 61MPH your butt was nailed. Big fines in the Wako state too...I hate EVERYTHING about that state !! I wish they would succeed and we could just forget about that place. Build the wall around it !! I spent way too much time out there......PTSD.

23-Mar-17
I'm somewhat baffled how people live there. My family recently acquired a vacation home in Pacific Grove CA and it's a really nice place to visit, but the taxes and home prices are insane. Our neighbor's property taxes are $13,000/year! that's enough to be a mortgage in many parts of the US. It's not even a big/lavish house. Just guessing, but it's probably right around 2,000 sq ft, with a 2 car garage and would probably sell for $1.5M. I get it that their wages must be higher in CA, but is it really that much more? Crazy.

Jdee, my experience driving in CA has been the opposite of yours. I'd say you're doing pretty good if you average around 30 mph on the freeway if you're anywhere close to the coast or city. If there's any road construction or a crash, divide that number in half. I hate driving in CA and the parking spaces are tiny as well. If you drive a truck, good luck.

23-Mar-17
California is just a giant Detroit in the making. Flee while you can.

23-Mar-17
I just read where LA is going to shield ILLEGAL immigrants from immigration officials . They passed a directive forbidding firefighters and airport police from cooperating with federal immigration agents. Keep hearing about the .....BIG ONE... must be Gods way of straitening that place out some day.

23-Mar-17
I can't even fathom living in a place like that. Growing up in SE Michigan (Detroit Metro) I felt it was too restrictive, and eventually moved to Montana. Life is great. When I first moved here from Mi I asked a MHP officer if it was required to identify that I had guns in the car if I got pulled over. He replied "What do I care? This is Montana, everyone has 4 guns in their car"! I sit on the side of the road plinking gophers in the farmer's fields just outside town and folks drive past and wave! 4 wheelers down main st, Kids shooting their bows down at the ball field. Gotta love rural living in a gun loving state!

We traveled to the other bastion of liberalism last year, Hawaii. While we were there I bought my friend's 10 yr old son a pellet rifle to learn how to plink with. Amazing how careful we had to be so that we didn't get the cops called on us. It's a shame. My biggest fear is that Californians will bring their crap ideals and restrictions here. May not affect me, but my kids and grandkids might see it.

23-Mar-17
Move man. Good luck and God bless

24-Mar-17
@ Ben H -- $13K in taxes for a $1.5M house? That sounds like a steal. I'm in Westchester County (NY) paying $15K+ in taxes for a 1900sqft raised ranch.

24-Mar-17
California actually has low property tax compared with other states. It's the sales tax and income tax that are high.

24-Mar-17
Proposition 13, which voters passed in 1978, holds down California’s property taxes. Prop. 13 caps property taxes at 1 percent of the assessed value of a home at the time of purchase and prevents taxes from increasing more than 2 percent a year unless a sale or major renovation occurs. We pay $450 a year for a 2,000 square foot house with large detached garage and a few other outbuilding, on 2.5 acres, in Colorado.

24-Mar-17
You guys just made me realize that I can go on some really good hunts for free every year with the tax savings I get from living in ND! I'm going to use that logic at home tonight..."Honey, my dall sheep hunt this fall is free. If our house was in CA, we'd be paying $10k more in taxes."

24-Mar-17
My dads moms side of the family was here before all the whiteys showed up. We traced her mothers side back into the early 1800s out into the south eastern part of the state. AKA know as desert. Don't know if they were Indian or Mexican. I'm pretty much a native here as it gets. Lefties have ruined this state. Everyone of you in other states should be very concerned about what is happening here. For some reason politicians in other states try to mimic what goes on here. We were the first ones to have emissions devices put on vehicles. As they get more stringent other states follow. Deer hunting is suffering because of predators and groups want to end killing of all predators. The goal is to eliminate hunting through predation by predators to the point there are no longer enough deer left to feed predators and hunt. The zone I live in has never sold out of deer tags. In fact you could buy two. Suddenly three years ago they sold out of tags. OTC tags are almost gone in many of the zones. The rumor is anti groups are buying them up. Weather here is what is nice. You can find almost every climate in the US here except humidity. Humidity is mostly non existent in hot weather here. We should have left before children came along. Now at almost 70 grandchildren keep us here. The good news is this is a sanctuary state so all my illegalguns are safe.

24-Mar-17
XBow, I guess you're right $13k on a $1.5M house isn't as high as some other places. I guess in my mind coming from Salt Lake City, these are houses that would be about $350k here in a nice neighborhood and have taxes of about $2k/year, so $13k/year seemed shockingly high to me. These are pretty ordinary houses and nothing really fancy and they're still $1.5M which is crazy to me.

25-Mar-17
Please delete this thread, it's too depressing.... Ed F

25-Mar-17
Deerslayer, they're all moving to CO and trying to make it into Cali here....

• Sitka Gear