Bowman 24-Mar-17
Bowhuntingboy 25-Mar-17
MK111 25-Mar-17
Ranger rick 25-Mar-17
MDcrazyman 26-Mar-17
Bowhuntingboy 26-Mar-17
MK111 26-Mar-17
24-Mar-17
Hi, I am located on central mn and we are going to do a food plot.What do you think of the idea of mean been crush, 7 card stud, and maximize, all of which are evolved harvest. Do your research on them and let me know what you think

24-Mar-17
Personally, i would check into GrandpaRays Outdoors products first. They are a sponsor on here and the owner, John O'Brion is a wealth of information on anything food plot related. Plus, more than likely John's products will be cheaper and you will know that you are getting fresh product. Some of the other companies carry their products over to the following season, which can lead to germination issues.

Plus, I am not much of fan of the Busbice clan, the owners of Evolved Harvest.

24-Mar-17
No maximize, I added shot plot and bio logic outfitters blend.

24-Mar-17
Mean Bean Crush http://deerbuilder.com/DB/features/foodplots/2012foodplotreview/FP2.cfm

7 Card Stud https://www.amazon.com/Evolved-Habitats-Card-Stud-Food/product-reviews/B005IURXDE

No help on Maximize,

25-Mar-17
I was considering using seed from a co op and this seed.

25-Mar-17
I planted the 7 Card Stud my 1st yr planting food plots because I could get it from our Dist at dealer cost. Plus couple other Evolved Harvest seeds. I wasn't impressed with the results so in following years I bought from Grandpa's and WTI for all my seeds. Cost more but the results makes it worth it. IMHO

25-Mar-17
I used to buy the big name stuff with decent results. Then i started going to the local feed co op and saved a ton of money and results were just as good. Corn ,beans, clover with chicory and rape seed. Deer are fat and tasty. :)

26-Mar-17
had good luck with cabbalas brand seed

26-Mar-17
I planted oats and winter peas last year, everything came up from the blend, but no pea pies were produced. I will stay with a co op.

26-Mar-17
I planted a pea blend that 1st year. THE peas came up in .5 ac and when 2" tall the deer moved in and eat every plant one weekend. That's before I thought of installing a electric deer fence. TH\he clover part of the pea blend is still OK after 4 years.

• Sitka Gear