AZBUGLER 26-Mar-17
WV Mountaineer 26-Mar-17
Coyote 65 26-Mar-17
The last savage 26-Mar-17
Coyote 65 26-Mar-17
willliamtell 27-Mar-17
25-Mar-17

bowbender77's embedded Photo
The victim...broken ear, broken legs, broken butt.
bowbender77's embedded Photo
The victim...broken ear, broken legs, broken butt.
Elk molest Mule Deer....target that is. Let me start by saying that I live on 2 1/2 acres in Northern Arizona that boarders National Forest. Several nights a week the local Elk herd pays me a visit under the cover of darkness to help themselves to whatever green growing items there are around my place including my wife`s tulips, shrubs and other spring flowers. I am a simple man that loves his Elk meat, and I am willing to share my place with the local herd to a point but last night they crossed the line. My Mckenzie Mule Deer target was minding his own business when he was attacked by what looks like a randy bull. Best I can tell from the tracks, there was a gang of seven head having there way with everything when the young bull decided to kick some foam Mule Deers a$$. As the photo shows, it was nothing short of total devastation. The two 1/2" rebar pegs were even bent over and the legs were bent to the point of no return. To throw salt in the wound, I failed to draw an antlerless elk tag for the second year in a row. It makes me wonder if a resident antlerless Elk tag is to much to ask for with three bonus points. Either way I suppose there is some justice cause last evening my wife cooked up the most wonderful Elk London Broil for dinner from the Elk she tagged on last years hunt. I realize that this is a world of give and take we live in but all I can say is that there will be retribution cause my wife drew another Elk tag this year with her two bonus points. You go girl ! Let there be Elk.

25-Mar-17
Hekuva deal! That's certainly going too far

25-Mar-17
First world problem ! I would gladly trade a half worn out target for a couple hundred lb. of elk in the freezer. Ain't you got no night vision ? :)

26-Mar-17
Agreed, they crossed the line. It's fargen war!

26-Mar-17
Don't take that! Get 'em! :^)

26-Mar-17
I have a similar situation as Bowbender77. I too live in the woods of N AZ with the back of my property the NF. Was going to be gone for 3 weeks for a grandbaby tour and the wife didn't want to leave her pet birds without any food while we were gone. I bought a quail seed block to feed her feathered friends.

Dropped the block on the edge of the front porch and that night heard a strange crunching noise. Got up to investigate and there was a cow elk unwrapping the block. She had a grip on the plastic covering and was swinging it back and forth. Turned on the porch light and she took off. In the AM I retrieved the covering and the block and place it fully on the porch right next to the front door. Kept the porch light on that night to discourage the elk. About midnight I hear the patter of elk hooves on the porch and there is mommy elk munching away at the quail block. The wife and I watched her for 20 minutes with only a window separating us. By this time she had totally demolished that block.

Cow elk can give you the evil eye, and I was not going to go interrupt her dinner. Bet she had a few digestive problems with all that bird seed.

Terry

26-Mar-17
Darn Terry, they are persistent!! All I get are raccoon.... Y'all have a much larger pest!!! You both should put out cams....

26-Mar-17
She was, I had visions of the porch boards splitting and her getting stuck. Game warden lives just down the road, so that was my plan to let him handle her if the porch gave way.

Terry

27-Mar-17
Buddy of mine ended up with blood all over the anoose of his 3D doe target Ouch!

• Sitka Gear