Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Z Barebow 26-Mar-17
swampokie 26-Mar-17
t-roy 26-Mar-17
Rayzor 14-Apr-17
Rayzor 14-Apr-17
26-Mar-17
I am in the market for some cameras. I have had great luck with Moultrie and sticking with them. I bought a couple of Trace models several years ago. Looking to add to the stable.

I plan on making a scouting trip for elk in July. I have some spots in mind, but I don't want to spend a ton of money in the event someone decides they want the camera more than I. (They will be on public land)

Obviously the cameras don't have to be the latest/greatest models. Where do you buy your cameras?

THX.

26-Mar-17
The 880i is great. I buy most of my cams when they are on sale on line. Midway has some great deals from time to time. My son has an a 20 that is really good for the money as well.

26-Mar-17
The big box stores run sales on their cameras pretty often, especially when the new units are coming out. You can get some pretty good buys when they do that. Trailcampro is a great source of information on all things trail camera related. They also sell practically every brand as well, plus, if you buy from them, they include an additional year warranty that product.

14-Apr-17
I have a pile of them. Probably bought close to 50 of them in the past few years. 880, 888, 888i, and 999i are tops. 880, or 888 with red flash get the distance but if you have bears around you may want a steel box. The earlier small rectangle shaped 880, 990 and 1100i were really good too but I had a couple of them go bad on me within the first year. The newer models with doors on the lower half of the front are much better. They also have 2 year warranties instead of 1 year. That's nice as if you buy a lot of them you'll probably use it a sooner or later. They good to work with though. Big key to keeping them in good shape is don't let the batteries die and start leaking. Remove the batteries when storing.

14-Apr-17
Ebay has deals if you are patient. Buy new.

• Sitka Gear