Hawkarcher 30-Mar-17
Bigdan 30-Mar-17
Mark Watkins 31-Mar-17
26-Mar-17

Jimmysharpstick's embedded Photo
Driveway drinking
Driveway drinking
If you're on the fence about going to the P&Y convention in April, I've got three reasons to go. You can add to my list.

1. You will meet new people. I met a guy from Utah a few years back, and every time I called him and asked what he was up to, he would always answer, "I'm sitting in the driveway drinking wine (or beer)." In 2013 I was driving from a mule deer hunt in Colorado to Oregon for an elk hunt, when I realized that I was literally driving through his town.

I called him up and asked if he wanted to drink in the driveway that night. he answered, "Hell yeah," We drank beer, ate coues deer shish-kabobs and I got to sleep in a bed that night. The next morning I was on my way to Oregon.

26-Mar-17

2. Randy Ulmer Seminar. Enough said.

3. After parties.

26-Mar-17

26-Mar-17
You also get to see the Bowsite celebrities. Some even give autographs.

26-Mar-17

They're so cute before their nap!
They're so cute before their nap!

26-Mar-17
Ned... Ned... Ned... LMAO

26-Mar-17
Oh there's many, many more reasons.... Your reason #1 is very hard to describe. I have great friends from all over North America whom I met at P&Y conventions.

Jim, I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not but Kenny had a near death experience back in December after complications from surgery. He is still in the hospital and slowly recovering. Please pray for him... Ed F

26-Mar-17
And those were the PRE underwire support Ned pics..... heheheh.....

Lordy.... I so wish I was gonna make it...... but this year Coach came up with like 5 or 6000 reasons not to.... something about a $5000 DIY elk hunt last year, and salt on top of it not even any $30 a lb elk meat..... won't even go into the other thousand reasons.... sigh.... went to AZ but gonna miss this one..... badly too....

"just a gigolo.... and everywhere I go....."

26-Mar-17
Ed, Have been praying since December. It has been a long road and it's going the right direction now. Thanks

27-Mar-17
Excellent reasons! I think I'll come

27-Mar-17
I'm 65 miles away....and those are some reasons why I won't go! Do be very cautious going 'outside the hotel'....day or night! St.Louis does have its problems!

27-Mar-17
Well I will be there Leaving One week from Today. Going to make The Drive on the Oregon trail In my Mustang or at least near it

27-Mar-17
Oh crap

27-Mar-17
The bra pic is out.....convention must be getting close.

27-Mar-17
Ned, Ned, Ned

27-Mar-17
I could've done without seeing those pics of Ned agian...

But the reasons to go are many! Phoenix was my first and STL will be my second of many!

27-Mar-17
Can't make it happen this year but this event is on my bucket list hope you all have a great time. Lewis

27-Mar-17
Lewis it will never be any closer to you than this year

27-Mar-17
I know but have a lot going on plus Diann would love to see you all.Lewis

27-Mar-17
This year will be the first I've missed in almost 20 years. It is a very nice event with a lot of down to earth folks. The trophy displays are amazing.

27-Mar-17
This will be my first and looking forward to it. Staying at a friends house about 50 minutes away so I might have to watch my alcohol.

28-Mar-17
Not a problem..... several folks there would be glad to watch it for you.......

28-Mar-17
Won't be making it this year...

28-Mar-17
Is it possible for me to attend, since I don't drink?

28-Mar-17
Kendall... don't let all these drinking highlights distract you. This is just a front for a lot of tea sipping, crumpet munching and story telling. You should go. :)

28-Mar-17
I will make it. I only live 30 miles away. I was hoping for RC Cola & Moonpies

28-Mar-17
Have you ever drank soo much and the next day tell yourself that you will never do that again?

28-Mar-17
Considering the pics of Ned a few sayings come to mind: 1. "I suppose that in a few hours I will sober up. That's such a sad thought. I think I'll have a few more drinks to prepare myself." 2. Intoxicated, adjective: when you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it. And last but not least - 3. So, when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

28-Mar-17
Ned,

It's only a temporary thought. Life should be full of as much fun as you can pack into it. Moderation is not in my vocabulary...

29-Mar-17
Will be heading toward St. Louis in one week! Won't be drinking like that, takes me to long to recover anymore.

29-Mar-17
I'm gonna be in the Sitka booth all week...come by say hi and check out the new digs...and I'll really appreciate the entertainment from a lot of you

29-Mar-17
Kendall I don't drink either..... It's still a great time!!

29-Mar-17
This will be my first time at the event, look forward to meeting everyone!

29-Mar-17
I'm driving 9 hours just to attend the Bowsite social and cause whatever damage can be done on Friday night.

"I'd rather wallow with the eagles than soar with the pigs" Famous quote from Palmquist, I believe. :-)

30-Mar-17
Not mine I'm afraid unless I was in the same state as Ned and don't remember;)

30-Mar-17
Anyone know where the actual seminar schedule is? I saw a list on the P&Y website, but no dates/times. I'll be in town working all that week but would like to fit in some of these seminars.

30-Mar-17
Yea, Lou... that saying is too witty for Palmquist to come up with. :)

30-Mar-17
Where is this party being thrown next year.

30-Mar-17
I am a bit worried that I have been portrayed as a drunk. I, however, am not. I got a little carried away this particular evening. People that know me know that I am not. A person doesn't have to drink to attend P and Y. I enjoy conversing with people that have similar interests(bowhunting). The convention time flies by very fast when surrounded with the bowhunting "community".

30-Mar-17
lewis, the next convention will be in two years. I don't know where, but I'm sure if you get a hold of the right person, they could let you in on the "secret".

30-Mar-17
Sorry to say this is not in the budget this year. I'm thinking we need a blue collar PnY event where the only fees are for your camp site and a Solo cup ;)

30-Mar-17

Matt Palmquist's Link
Zim, it is on the last page of the convention Flyer. I have tried to attach but doubt I did it right:)

30-Mar-17
Ned, We all know you are NOT a drunk! Drunks do not accomplish what you have in you're personal life, in your career, and in your bow hunting. We all enjoy the fact that, at times, you can be "colorful". Will you still converse with me at the convention? :)

30-Mar-17
Thanks Matt, that opened just fine. Not sure why I couldn't find that on my own. Looking forward to this event. I'll be staying all four nights at the Union Station Hotel. What was the final verdict on the Bowsite meet/greet? I'd like to do that too.

30-Mar-17
Matt...You did it right, but how about the inaccuracies on those bios! First off, Lincoln Tapp does not yet have his NA29 (I do believe he is going to be the youngest to accomplish this feat, but I don't thin he's there yet) and secondly Chuck Adams is not the only one with 5 deer slams. (Our very own Zackman has 5 deer slams). Stop the presses!!!!

30-Mar-17
That's what I was thinking Jim. A lot on here use the, "drinking time" as a way to start conversations as the biennial event draws closer, including myself. Sure we all like to relax and have a good time. For myself and others, it's all about being around like minded folks and enjoying stories, meeting new friends and if a good time happens, well.... That's my take. Oh, it doesn't hurt that the Cubs are in town. ;)

30-Mar-17
Ned, I understand why you were concerned. I had the same thoughts-I portrayed myself as drinking anywhere from driveways to conventions and I am not a drunk either. Just ask MY friends!

30-Mar-17
No worries. Can't wait to see everyone again. I will talk with anybody. lol I really look forward to seeing all my buddies and making new ones. And I will probably have a couple toddies. So who knows what will transpire. Gonna miss the Cubs unfortunately. dangit

30-Mar-17
With a nickname like "Two Beer Greer" Ned can't be much of a drunk.

30-Mar-17
I'm into Diet Coke Straight up Two 9 hour days in my ride to get there

30-Mar-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
My ride

30-Mar-17
Big Dan that's sweet! But I'd drive the Mustang if I were you.

30-Mar-17
It would be a long ride in the snow plow

31-Mar-17
I'm just hoping I can get the Ninja ( Zackman) to autograph my lucky P&Y hat with #5 next to it!!!!

Mark

• Sitka Gear