2016 Statewide Mountain Goat Raffle License billy
CO Oak's embedded Photo
2016 Statewide Mountain Goat Raffle License billy
CO Oak's embedded Photo
2016 Colorado Statewide Pronghorn License buck
CO Oak's embedded Photo
2016 Colorado Statewide Pronghorn License buck

CO Oak's Link
One month from today Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society will draw the winners of the 2017 statewide bighorn sheep, mountain goat, and pronghorn licenses. This is an outstanding opportunity for a sheep bowhunter, given the 5 month season and the ability to hunt the rut with no other sheep hunters in the field. The winner last year killed a 182+" ram with his bow.

For those who like to shoot firearms as well, there are two custom rifle raffles for a pair of really sweet rifles. There is also a Swarovski Optik raffle for 10x42 EL Range, OR any Swarovski optic of equal or lesser value. Click the link above for more information and tickets.

Here are last year's license winners. Thank you to Pat for permission to share this.

29-Mar-17
I'm in...would be a dream come true!

29-Mar-17
Oak--are the Swarovskis up to #3 yet?

29-Mar-17
Already put in for the sheep, goat, & speedgoat.

Might think about putting in for the rifles/optics...

29-Mar-17
I bought a few! Always do

29-Mar-17
Yes, optics raffle #3 has begun. To that point, optics tickets are limited to 250, and then we start a new raffle. All winners will be drawn on April 29.

29-Mar-17
Thanks Oak. Made my annual donations and want to be sure I am at least in for all the optics. Can never have too many Swarovski options!

29-Mar-17
Thanks for posting. I bought a few

29-Mar-17
In

30-Mar-17
Got a few. Thanks for posting the link.

02-Apr-17
I'm in. Thanks!

02-Apr-17
I entered as well. Pry the only chance I'll ever have of hunting bighorns. May as well make a donation. I've spent money on a lot worse things! Thanks for posting and good luck to everyone.

03-Apr-17

03-Apr-17
The guy who won last year only bought one ticket. Only takes one!

05-Apr-17
Thanks to everyone who purchased. A few people are going to be very happy at the end of the month! Hope there's a Bowsiter in the mix.

05-Apr-17
I'm in. Glad to donate.

06-Apr-17
Yup sent in my donation as well.

15-Apr-17

CO Oak's embedded Photo
CO Oak's embedded Photo
Still some great rams running around in CO. Here are 4 photos from this winter....4 different units. The ticket purchase deadline is fast approaching.

15-Apr-17
I'm in for pronghorn health not good enough for Sheep or goat anymore but I'm sure I'll get the pronghorn tag no problem??

24-Apr-17
Tomorrow is the last day to get them! Today is the last day to register for the RMBS banquet this Saturday in Westminster, if you would like to be present when you win.

24-Apr-17
I just bought the winning tickets

24-Apr-17
I always purchase my tickets at the banquet every year.

26-Apr-17
I won the goulds turkey raffle so why not a ram also! Draw my name!

26-Apr-17
I won the moose a couple years ago,that was fun

30-Apr-17
WHO WON?!?

30-Apr-17
It is supposed to be posted on their website today.

30-Apr-17
I'm told someone from Nevada.

30-Apr-17
John Legnard won the goat!! Congrats John

30-Apr-17
Wow, congrats to John. If I'm not mistaken.....that rounds out his trifecta of Colorado raffle wins... Sheep, Pronghorn, and now Mt Goat!

30-Apr-17
Who won the speed goat?

30-Apr-17
Optics raffle #1 Charles Monson - North Dakota

Optics raffle #2 Gilbert Reyes - Hawaii

Optics raffle #3 David Hay - Alberta

Weaver 28 Nosler Greg Naugle - Colorado

Pronghorn Mike Swanson - Colorado

Mountain Goat John Legnard - Colorado

Bighorn Sheep Victor Clark - Nevada

02-May-17
Terry,

Do you know how many tickets were sold for sheep and goat?

03-May-17
How do RMBS members keep winning the raffles? Not saying its rigged but it doesn't look good. Is that the same John Legnard that has won the sheep and antelope tags already

03-May-17
How does it happen? Well one of the 350 people in the room last Saturday night could tell you. A seven-year-old girl named Paige walks up out of the audience, sticks her hand in a giant bin of raffle tickets, swirls it all around, pulls out a yellow ticket and hands it to me. And I hold it up and show everyone that the name on it says Legnard. That's how it happens.

03-May-17
so is it the same John Legnard who has also won the antelope and sheep raffle? Also would you indulge us in just how many rmbs members have won the raffle, because I know 12 off the top of my head that have won sheep or goat tags.

04-May-17
Same guy..... I'd say he's damn lucky and plays lots of raffles and spends tons of money in the raffles game every year. And by a lot I mean almost everyone he can find.

OR maybe somehow he's figured out how to rig raffles in 3 different states with 7 or 8 different organizations and the draw systems in 2 different states.

I actually think since 1989 when RMBS started holding sheep and goat raffles your # of 12 is probably low for a total number of winners that are also RMBS members. It would make sense to me that the people that support the RMBS would attend the banquet and buy tickets.

Are you an RMBS member? Did you buy any raffle tickets?

If you attend next years banquet you can get a seat right in front by the stage and see first hand how all the raffle tickets are placed in large clear bins, mixed, spun and drawn normally as OAK pointed out by young kids chosen from the audience.

Sandbrew AKA Really lucky guy

04-May-17
Yep me and my dad have both been members of RMBS. Nope don't buy raffle tickets have already killed a mountain goat, waiting on a ram tag. I have two young kids so I just put in for the state draw 3 plus 10 now. You might remember my dads story in one of your magazine issues when he killed a boone and crockett billy, a bighorn, and an awards book desert in back to back to back years

04-May-17
I do remember the story. I'd say that his run of those 3 tags and killing 2 B&C animals in that run is at least as impressive and lucky as my 3 wins spread over 9 years. I also have 2 young kids and raffle and hunting habit is feed by a 2nd job. Come to the banquet next year and I'll buy you a sheep ticket and rub some of my luck on it for you.

Sandbrew

04-May-17
Congratulations, Sandbrew!

Hope you kill a booner!

Just not going to make as pretty a picture as that 2016 winner!

05-May-17
^ Ha not even close!

• Sitka Gear