Bowriter 03-Apr-17
Brotsky 03-Apr-17
midwest 03-Apr-17
Treeline 03-Apr-17
Bowriter 03-Apr-17
01-Apr-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
I am not a turkey hunter. I have been some, killed several but am not eat up with it. One of my landowners was insistent I come hunt his place. So, season opened this morning and I went. Took me 34-minutes from the time I left the truck until I got back. Had one hen and seven gobblers walk right by me. Took one picture of the biggest at about 65-yards, then shot him at 40. No, not a bow hunt, using Remington 870, 20-gauge.

01-Apr-17
Congrats john.

01-Apr-17
Sounds like you had a good hunt. Congrats and God Bless

01-Apr-17
Congrats!

01-Apr-17
try THAT on an Alabama bird and see what happens!

01-Apr-17
Congrats!

01-Apr-17
Going to change your name to TBM?

01-Apr-17
Would be TGM. Congrats

01-Apr-17
Atta baby!

02-Apr-17
After I got home, yesterday, another of my landowners emailed me, said there 18 in the field by his ban at 7:45. Wanted to know when I was going to come kill some. I may go before church, this morning. It is going to be sunny, so maybe I can get some good pics.

02-Apr-17
Not sure what the limits are over that way, but you might at try with the bow for the next one. Its something to do in the spring if you have them close by.

Too bad Colorado banned bear hunting in the spring or I would definitely be out poking around. Might think about going to Wyoming...

03-Apr-17
I have killed more turkey with a bow than I have a gun. I seldom turkey hunt. This year is the first time in four or five years and I rather doubt I will go again this year. Since I am forced to hunt with crossbow, I am not about to drag that cumbersome sucker through the woods. BTW- Best I can recall, the first turkey I ever killed was just outside Newcastle, WY. That would have been about 1968.

03-Apr-17
Bowriter, I'll send a little girl over to your place for a week. She might not kill any turkeys but she'll shoot at all 18 if you let her :) Congrats on your bird!

03-Apr-17
Yep....sounds like a great opportunity to mentor a young hunter.

03-Apr-17
Agreed! Sounds like ya'll are overrun with birds. Would be a great opportunity to get some kids out there.

Not a turkey hunter myself, either. First "big game" I ever shot with a bow was a turkey and there are tons of them on my parent's ranch in Texas. Shot a few bow hunting with my son over the years with a bow just to prove to him that it can be done. He has shot a few with his bow now and I will just let him shoot them from here on.

03-Apr-17

Perhaps, y'll recall the last turkey I killed before the one Saturday. As you can see, I am a big believer in camo at all times. This was a few years ago on the place I lost.
Perhaps, y'll recall the last turkey I killed before the one Saturday. As you can see, I am a big believer in camo at all times. This was a few years ago on the place I lost.
BTW-all the kids I know, went on the juvenile hunt the weekend before ours opened. I think it went quite well. But I have another problem with taking a kid. My agreement with the landowners is absolutely no guests. I lost the one place I could take someone, last Nov. However, there is quite a bit of public land here. I have no idea about the turkey population. Judging from my email, a lot of birds were killed the first two days. I now have the boat hooked up, leaving in the morning for a two or three day foray on Center Hill, my ace, smallmouth lake. Pretty sure I am done turkey hunting.

• Sitka Gear