Bill in MI 01-Apr-17
brianhood 01-Apr-17
The last savage 01-Apr-17
Don K 01-Apr-17
Rutt-Nutt 02-Apr-17
JayG@work 03-Apr-17
Habitat1 03-Apr-17
01-Apr-17
Just read the new property manager at JEPC submitted a proposal to Springfield to restrict bowhunting at the property to Illinois residents only!? Apparently it was approved beginning in October 2017. This was in the latest ILDNR newsletter.

01-Apr-17
Is This the JEPC your talking about. And is that restricting bowhunting, as in no bowhunting or only bowhunting?

The Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Fish and Wildlife Area (JEPC) is a conservation area located within Cass County in the U.S. state of Illinois. It is 16,550 acres (6,698 ha) in size. A mix of plowed upland prairie and Panther Creek woodlands, the site is managed by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. It is drained by the Sangamon River. It is named for former Governor of Illinois Jim Edgar.

01-Apr-17
There are quite a few IL state properties where this is true, yes?

01-Apr-17
Hunted there in 2006. Lots of pressure for sure. It was a permit draw then for non residents with a cap number. Residents got unlimited use. I understand the reasoning but don't care for states starting the trend of excluding nonresidents. I head west from my home state of pennsylvania each fall to enjoy hunting the mid west. I hope to keep doing so for many years.

01-Apr-17
Brian. It only gonna get tougher for us .

01-Apr-17
The winterkill was bad here, bet theres more changes coming

02-Apr-17
I wonder what financial impact that will have on funding the state parks? And also if it will dissuade non-resident hunters in general from hunting other game animals in Illinois?

03-Apr-17
I hunted a farm that bordered this area. There were some massive bucks in there. But that was back in 2002-2005. I have no clue what has been happening there since then.

03-Apr-17
At least there are a couple states that care more about the deer and their residents than the $$,too bad Kansas is a state that doesn't

• Sitka Gear