trackman 04-Apr-17
Tracker 04-Apr-17
PECO 04-Apr-17
Glunt@work 04-Apr-17
Bowfreak 04-Apr-17
SILVERADO 04-Apr-17
dhaverstick 05-Apr-17
02-Apr-17
Does anyone make one that just has vertical windows where you can control how big you open them up? I love my double bull as far as quality but hate the huge diamond front window on the Matrix. It let's too much light in for my liking. I use some pieces of black fabric clipped to my blind to make a small rectangular window for the shooter. I wish I didn't have to rig it up this way and I could find a production blind to suit my needs. Anyone have any recommendations?

02-Apr-17
Agreed, Mark. I've gone to just using the "camera ports" to shoot out of. Less view but WAY easier shooting, better vertical clearance and less light.

02-Apr-17

Rock's embedded Photo
Window from inside the Blind
Rock's embedded Photo
Window from inside the Blind
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
You mean like this.

02-Apr-17
Do you make those Rock?

02-Apr-17
Rock,

I believe that I can see through the three D camo blind in couple of the photos that you included. If you move in that blind, aren't your movements silhouetted?

02-Apr-17
Bowfreak, Yes I make these or use to have not made any for a couple of years as it is hard to find quality sewing contractors and I cannot build them here for what others sell their Blinds for because they build them overseas and I refuse to go outside the USA.

Medicinemann, Yes you can see thru the 3-D panels (which I only put on one side of Blind) when sitting in the Blind but from the outside the critters can not see in even humans that are looking for you can barely see you moving if they see anything at all. Use to build some that were 3-D cloth all the way around and early morning and late evening or if you were on crest of hill with the sky behind you could get silhouette and easily seen unless you were backed into some brush or other cover. Have not made many of that style.

02-Apr-17
It's a great concept. I wish other blind manufactures would take note.

02-Apr-17
...or they could just bring the T5 back for cripes sake!

02-Apr-17

bowcrazyJRHCO's embedded Photo
bowcrazyJRHCO's embedded Photo
Older double bull . Has vertical windows. Nephews turkey from last year.

02-Apr-17
that's the T5, bowcrazy....I'll give you $50 for it! ;-)

02-Apr-17
Primos smack-down, Ameristep has a few as well.

03-Apr-17
You can cut the holes you want in the mesh on the Matrix. Requires having the fabric open but the mesh hides everything as long as the back ground is black. I have an old prototype Double Bull that is basically one wall thats all leafy mesh with shooting ports. I still use it often. Its really nice to be able to see so well but still looks solid from the outside. Has a couple flaps so if you get in a spot with direct sunlight, you can change a bunch of the mesh to solid.

04-Apr-17
What Midwest said. Hanging on to my T5,

04-Apr-17

Two Feathers's Link
http://hiddenhunterblinds.com/

I got a Hidden Hunter last January but haven't used it yet.

04-Apr-17
I like that hidden hunter blind.

04-Apr-17
Some one should make vertical window ?? i have a old Rock blind all the windows are vertical that for bow hunter !!!!

04-Apr-17
I have two Matrix Blinds and would never trade them for a blind with just vertical holes. To much versatility with the DB. For turkeys I just open it up with no screen. Never had a turkey spook. Now for deer I always use the screen and shoot thru it.

04-Apr-17
There are plenty of blinds with vertical windows, they just need to be lower.

04-Apr-17
I also shoot turkeys with no mesh and a decent size opening in the Matrix but I have been busted a time or two with kids in the blind.

04-Apr-17
I have been busted a lot with my daughter as I open the widow wider than normal as I am not certain what she sees. This year we really closed it up and had a big gobbler whipping the decoy opening morning of youth. He left a little scared after she sent a Bullhead past his head.

If you open these windows too big where I hunt you will get busted. If closed up good you can do jumping jacks in the blind.

I'll probably just go back to 2.75" vortex next year and hunt with my netting down.

04-Apr-17

SILVERADO's Link
This is the one I just bought, has a mix of vertical and horizontal. Can't wait to try it out

05-Apr-17

dhaverstick's embedded Photo
Turkey setup I use behind my house.
dhaverstick's embedded Photo
Turkey setup I use behind my house.
I bought a Hidden Hunter blind a few years ago just for turkey hunting and I love it. It is the only blind I know of that has windows low enough to the ground to shoot at animals that are really close (5 yards or less).

Darren

• Sitka Gear