Rickm 03-Apr-17
White Falcon 03-Apr-17
Jaquomo 03-Apr-17
TD 04-Apr-17
HerdManager 04-Apr-17
sir misalots 06-Apr-17
Stoneman 07-Apr-17
02-Apr-17
OK guys, I took a walk in my back yard woods in N.W. Penna. Got back to the house, looked in the mirror. DAMN TICK. I was in the woods maybe 20 mins. So, you guys going turkey hunting CHECK yourselves. Save your A$$ from lymes. PLEASE

02-Apr-17
I'm in northern Illinois and I've been pulling ticks off my dog for a good month now. I've a feeling that this season's going to be a real ***** tick-wise.

02-Apr-17
Treat your cloths with permathrin and you'll never get a single tick! I treat mine then put them through a wash cycle before wearing just to clean off any left over residue

02-Apr-17
X2 on the permethrin. It works.

02-Apr-17
X3. I'm after turkeys in NE now and drinking permethrin. Ok, drinking other stuff and spraying permethrin.

I live at 8500' in the CO mountains and had a tick crawling on me on March 10. Still snow on the ground. Tough little nasty buggers...

02-Apr-17
X whatever on the permethrin. It works.

02-Apr-17
Pulled 5 off today after shed hunting, getting bad!

02-Apr-17
permetherin is the ticket. Anybody know the dilution ratio if you have 10% solution and want to make it .5%? Hope somebody knows the math.

03-Apr-17
I have had real good luck with this stuff----------> Via Amazon Prime

Sawyer Products SP649 Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Spray Nozzle

Good luck, Robb

03-Apr-17
Here in the Northeast we've been dealing with the tick problem for 35 years and it's interesting to see how the problem has spread across America. Permithrin works!

03-Apr-17
I was out last Thursday shed hunting. fully permethrin covered in Sawyers Premium. Sprayed the clothes heavily a week before and allowed to air dry. Pants, boots, hat and heavy cover shirt. Resprayed two days later and again allowed to dry. Picked three off my pants while shed hunting. Found two more on my sleeve driving home. Showered and searched as soon as I got home as I now had the tick itchies. Next morning I awoke to one buried in my thigh. How it got there I have no idea. Red rash started....on antibiotics for the third year in a row. This is in SE PA. I don't even want to go turkey hunting now.

03-Apr-17
Griz, I'm with you. Permethrin is not enough of a reason to let your guard down. I've had similar results using Permethrin. Now I spray my clothes , also apply Off to my skin...and I always shower with a washcloth immediately upon exiting the woods. I had a bullseye from a tick bite last year from a tick that was so small you could not identify it without magnification.

03-Apr-17
Bill, Shot my buck last year on October 14th. Next evening I noticed a sore spot on my right shoulder. Looked like the start of a small pimple. Put my readers on and dang if there wasn't a tiny, tiny tick embedded in the center of that red spot. Hate them!!

03-Apr-17
If I'm going to be in the woods or brush at this time of year I duct tape the bottom of my pant leg around my boot. At least make the little bastids WORK for it!

03-Apr-17
Griz, I wouldn't say it foolproof but try making a solution and doing the soak treatment instead of the spray. I hunted Tn where you'd literally watch them crawl on you. Did the treatment and would watch them crawl up, die almost instantly then fall off. And never again had one get on me.

03-Apr-17
I'm gonna try the soak method. I've been spraying it on.... and heavy! But , soak it is .... cause the little beggars are wearing me out

03-Apr-17
Had three confirmed Lyme in the last two years at our camp in Western PA. Always use prem. But it is getting to the point I don't want to turkey hunt there. Hope they come up with a viable solution, sooner than later.

Found my first in Ne Ohio this fall. Only going to get worse.

03-Apr-17
Had three confirmed Lyme in the last two years at our camp in Western PA. Always use prem. But it is getting to the point I don't want to turkey hunt there. Hope they come up with a viable solution, sooner than later.

Found my first in Ne Ohio this fall. Only going to get worse.

03-Apr-17
There out all year in Texas. Look up, "tick key" best way to take them off, head and all.

03-Apr-17
I'm one of those lucky people who have some sort of natural repellency toward ticks and mosquitoes. Not sure why, but I've lived in tick country my whole life and can count the number of bites on one hand. They crawl on me all the time but don't imbed. I don't carry mosquito repellent. I've read about it and there are lots of theories as to why. Whatever, I've instructed my wife that when I die, she should donate my body to the Bowsite so you all can try to figure it out and maybe develop a natural resistance.

Single malt Scotch may have something to do with it.......

04-Apr-17
I thought we voted a good many of the blood sucking parasites out of office the last few years..... apparently not enough.... many more to go......

Lou..... I think that species is actually attracted to single malt scotch..... as long as somebody else is buying.....

04-Apr-17

HerdManager's embedded Photo
HerdManager's embedded Photo
Next few months in PA they are going to be horrendous!! I don't go in the woods this time of year. Time for fishing!!

06-Apr-17
they never went in. Got them in Dec:(

07-Apr-17

Stoneman's embedded Photo
Stoneman's embedded Photo
Natures tick repellent, well at least with a little chemistry to get it started...

• Sitka Gear