Hunting5555 06-Apr-17
ohiohunter 06-Apr-17
smarba 07-Apr-17
ohiohunter 07-Apr-17
Teeton 07-Apr-17
Hunting5555 10-Apr-17
wolverine 10-Apr-17
03-Apr-17
Where are you guys getting your custom arrow wraps now?

It has been at least 4 years since I purchased custom wraps and the company I used previously appears to be out of business. The few websites I have found so far are not very user friendly in their design software.

I loved my previous design, but I may have to go with something basic going forward.

03-Apr-17
I've used Onestringer.

03-Apr-17
I've used Onestringer but that was also years ago...

I've gotten lazy and these days just find the cheapest 6" wraps I can find, then slice them in half, thereby doubling the quantity, which works great for short vanes like Blazer.

03-Apr-17
The last ones that I got were made by Bohning from Lancaster Archery. I cut mine in half like smarba above.

03-Apr-17
Ordered two dozen this morning from Onestringer.

03-Apr-17
Onestringer for me.

03-Apr-17
Onestringer- for years

03-Apr-17
http://www.arrowrap.com/main.php I have been ordering from arrowwrap . Their design tool is easy to use and there are a ton of design options.

03-Apr-17

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Onestringer

03-Apr-17
Onestringer

03-Apr-17
Onestringer

03-Apr-17
Backwoods.......

03-Apr-17
Another vote for onestringer.

03-Apr-17
eBay....just did a search on arrow wraps....9,867 results.

03-Apr-17
Just started using this...way cheaper! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQ2A7S2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

03-Apr-17
I just ordered some from onestringer or any sign company can make them also. I had a sign company make some and they worked great and were cheap. not sure if they could put designs on them or not.

03-Apr-17
What is the point of the wrap? Personal preference for design and color? I tend to shoot my arrows alot practicing and destroy my vanes. Are they just for your hunting arrows?

04-Apr-17
I like wraps for two reasons, makes the arrows a bit easier to find.... and I don't scuff up or gouge my shafts when it's time to refletch, less labor to peel wraps and clean up with lacquer thinner, apply new wrap and fletch. (have used acetone as well but been doing more spray painting lately than fiberglass work......)

The cool factor has nothing to do with it........ =D

04-Apr-17
I prefer them for a couple of reasons: If you video tape your hunts, it can make the arrow easier to see on the video and I like me wraps to be at least 80% white in color so that any blood shows up easily and the white helps to find the arrow after those pass through shots. The blood obviously lets you know the hit was good and finding an arrow that can cost upwards of $20 is always a good thing for a working man.

05-Apr-17
One time I used contact paper wraps.wasn't too bad.

05-Apr-17
Use Onestringer, at checkout, type in the code, Richfriend and receive a 10% discount from me. They are top notch.

06-Apr-17
3 Rivers archery, I just get plain white wraps and have 3 all white 4" feathers. It makes fletching easier to remove, I can see blood on arrow btr, can follow the arrow easier in flight and I do think it looks cool!

06-Apr-17
DAFF, now I'm ticked!!!! I used arrowwrap.com before and I tried to get to their site this time, but it would never pull up. Using your URL, I was able to go to it and sure enough, they still had my old design on file. Unfortunately, I had already created a new design on onestringer and ordered them.

Thanks guys for all the input!

06-Apr-17
Anyone use a heat shrinking wrap? I've worked like heck to remove the adhesive from the sticker wraps, not fun and never again.

07-Apr-17
Ohiohunter: use a hair dryer to heat the adhesive wraps and they peel off pretty much clean. A quick wipe with whatever cleaner/solvent you prefer and the shafts are good to go. I have tried peeling adhesive wraps without heating them and you're correct it is a total pain.

07-Apr-17
Hmmm, thanks for the tip.

07-Apr-17
I run my wraps under hot water why scraping them off and at times the blow drier..

Prices for Onestringer look good.. Funny,, till this thread I never heard of Onestringer. They do have lots of different designs..

May look into DarrylDunsloppy link,, as I just use white 7 inch cut in half.

10-Apr-17
I shoot FMJ's, so I use a heat gun to make peeling the wrap off easier. Then I use acetone to remove any glue residue. Works like a charm.

I don't know about using acetone to clean carbon shafts... Might want to get a cutoff from you shop and rub it down first to make sure it doesn't hurt the carbon.

I did get my wraps from onestringer on Friday. Looked just like they did on the screen. I was wanting the blue a little darker, but its just hard to tell on a computer screen.

10-Apr-17
onestringer

• Sitka Gear