bad karma 08-Apr-17
foxwillkill 09-Apr-17
bad karma 09-Apr-17
foxwillkill 10-Apr-17
boothill 10-Apr-17
bad karma 10-Apr-17
bad karma 10-Apr-17
03-Apr-17
Six of us at :Shiloh Ranch. I'm at no 3, it's hot, and seven big beautiful corn fed squirrels are eating my corn.

03-Apr-17
Good luck!

03-Apr-17
Is this the Porkapalooza hunt?

03-Apr-17
So jealous. Good luck!

03-Apr-17
Keep use up dated Good luck

03-Apr-17
Squirrels gotta eat too. Good luck!

03-Apr-17
Any luck

03-Apr-17
Those squirrels at #3 are all toads, I'm amazed they can get up a tree.

03-Apr-17
Hey Jake, The Porkapalooza is June 15-17. Would you like to go to Porkapalooza next year? I know a guy.

03-Apr-17
Good luck BK! Where are the pictures?

04-Apr-17
Good luck, but remember to leave some. Fox & friends will be there soon.

04-Apr-17
Must of been to busy cleaning hogs to update after his first post.

04-Apr-17
They have shot 6 hogs already. Not trying to steal thread but don't know what Kevin is doing!

04-Apr-17
Three pigs last night. Three this morning. No shots for me. At 3 last night, I saw 45 or so. 20 came in 2 minutes before dark. This morning I sat a ground blind off the pipeline. 20 went past me to run to go to Bob's corn at Rattlesnake.

04-Apr-17
Sitting in the new twin quad pod at rattlesnake ridge. Yve saw the massive reverse Oreo hid on the way in, bedded, but the wind is fast and swirly so he learned how hard it was. We saw some corn thieves feeding on the pipeline grasses as we walked in. The sun is out, the wind blowing mostly from the west. And this stand is not moving. Fortune tellers predict dead hogs in a bit.

04-Apr-17
Which side of the road does the new stand sit on BK? With a westerly wind I would hope it is on the east side of the roadway thru there.

04-Apr-17
The ladder is on the w side. This ones on the e and tucked in the woods about 8 yards.

04-Apr-17

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Sorry I didn't get any pics of the three hogs killed last night, but here is a group pic of the three hogs killed this morning. Congratulations to Bob, Daren and Yves!

04-Apr-17

Just come into view where Bad Karma is! No excuses!

04-Apr-17

Giant spotted hog just showed up!

04-Apr-17

Choot'em!
Choot'em!

04-Apr-17
Kevin just texted me, "Pig Down!"

04-Apr-17
Six small ones come in. I see a good boar north but feeding away. Be patient. Another bunch comes in with a good sized sow. Tasty. Lot of movement, fidgeting, facing, three pigs in a line. I draw back and a pig catches the movement. They scatter a bit. But don't run. I get a broadside and trip the release.

04-Apr-17
Atta boy!

04-Apr-17
Blood trail was sparse. Small drops 5-10 feet apart. Went about 60 yards and find the back of my arrow. Now I'm finding a fair bit of blood, another sixty yards leading to a very dead sow. Dragged her to 4 and wait for the mule. She's insanely fat. Will be magnificent table fare. Fattest wild hog, by far, I've ever seen. Frank got a nice fat meat hog as welll One celebratory tequila shot and it's time to hit the bed. Oh, and of course, while I'm tracking my hog, the game camera shows the massive reverse Oreo hog feeding in my area. I won't swap it.

04-Apr-17
Like inbowdude, I'm a weak man. Broadside ina good hog, fire. Thanks to Cheryl for posting the pics.

05-Apr-17

Here is Bad Karma's 180# sow

05-Apr-17

Frank's hog from this evening.

05-Apr-17
Great looking hogs. Thanks for the pictures and comments. It looks like some porkers might make it until we arrive.

05-Apr-17
Nice porkers there fellas. Gonna be some excellent table fare.

Congrats.

05-Apr-17
oh, we have a couple of days left. There's a massive black and white hog that came into my corn while I was dragging the sow to 4. I'm likely setting up for him tonight.

05-Apr-17
OK now we have some serious action going on. Keep after them Bad Karma and gang. Foxy your time will come very soon, much sooner than mine for sure.

05-Apr-17
Bad karma, If you look real close at the picture of that big black and white hog, one of the spots spell FOX. You better just leave him for me. LOL

05-Apr-17
We didn't go out this morning. 45 mph winds. Went into Stonewall to try a new butcher and ate at Lily's onion grill. Darn fine onion burger and a nice lady. Well worth the drive.

The butcher also seems.very friendly. Matt says his sausages are pretty good. I hope so because that fat sow is the best looking hog meat I've ever seen.

Cool breeze in the face, gusting with some intensity. But it's blowing at me. Come on, big hog.

Fox, there another hog that came into 3 that was a foot taller than a mature boar. We will likely leave you a few since Matt released 31 more yesterday. That's not a typo, 31.

Dinners so far: beef stew, lasagna with veal and pork, and rib eye steaks. We are eating well this trip.

05-Apr-17

05-Apr-17
Double post. Ugh. I'm in a new blind, on rattlesnake ridge. It's a double quad pod, two swivel chairs on a platform. Not too high. Even has a rail for a crossbow shooter. The pigs did catch me drawing but not enough to run. Nice setup.

05-Apr-17
Oh man, oh man, oh man, I am missing the hunting! More details about this new butcher please.

05-Apr-17
Thanks for thinking about me. 31 new a crazy hogs. Sounds great. Let me know what you think a the butcher and his contact number.

05-Apr-17
Come on and let the good times roll!

05-Apr-17
Go get 'em Fox!

05-Apr-17
Double post. Ugh. I'm in a new blind, on rattlesnake ridge. It's a double quad pod, two swivel chairs on a platform. Not too high. Even has a rail for a crossbow shooter. The pigs did catch me drawing but not enough to run. Nice setup.

05-Apr-17
Ok. I can see the big reverse Oreo hog from 50 yards with a lot of brush between us. I get ready, and a group of six comes in. One good boar and 5 others that are eater hogs. They settle in and I wait for reverse Oreo. 35 minutes later, he hasn't come in. But it's getting near 7:40. And my corn is getting near to gone. 2 others come by. I draw down on the big black one. (edited because I can't easily read the text in the sun...)

06-Apr-17
Ok. I can see the big reverse Oreo hog from 50 yards with a lot of brush between us. I get ready, and a group of six comes in. One good boar and 5 others that are eater hogs. They settle in and j wait fir reverse Oreo. 35 minutes later, he hasn't come in. But it's getting near 7:40. And my corn is getting near to gone. 2 others come by. I draw down on the big black one.

06-Apr-17
bad karma aka KILLING MACHINE, way to go! Sounds like you guys have been covered up with hogs. How many hogs have you guys shot?

06-Apr-17
The placement on the shot looked good. But the arrow penetrated poorly, which was surprising. No blood at the shot site, so I started to walk west toward where I saw him run, and found little bit, only a pinpoint drop. Well. that's a start. I find other small drops, about one ever ten feet or so, for about 100-150 yards. Then I see a gold tip kinetic on the ground, intact. Blood on about the first foot of the shaft, expandable head NOT DEPLOYED. It looked just like the head in the package at the store, blades fully forward. I won't mention the manufacturer but they advertise a fair bit, and it rhymes with Jim Sleeper. A little more blood, and a bit more. I keep following small bits of blood, perhaps another 150 yards, and at the end, there is a nice boar, measured 186 lbs. Since the blades did not deploy, I essentially killed him with a sharp field point. The entry hole looks barely bigger than a field point..... Back to 3 blade Hellrazors or Montecs for me.

06-Apr-17
Yves was busted twice by big reverse oreo. Frank hit one, but couldn't find it last night. He found him this morning, about 300 yds from the blind, but the coyotes found him.....

06-Apr-17
congrats on the recovery of the two hogs.

06-Apr-17
Fox, we have ten down, one lost. Frank's pig left a blood trail for a quarter mile, but no dead hog. Yve went out this morning, and the pigs would not touch his corn. It had been laced with hog wild, and the pigs, despite the corn not being at a feeder, would not eat it. I don't know why it seems to work for Bob, but I distinctly recall hogs snorting at it when I tried it as no. 4. And they would not come within 75 yards of the feeder.

Matt tells me the blades can deploy and then, retract on a cam operated expandable. The problem I have with that explanation is that the pig went about 300 yards with a dead perfect hit. And the arrow didn't penetrate like it should have. I expected a clean pass through on that shot.

06-Apr-17
Congrats on the pigs. Let us know about the butcher

06-Apr-17
Tried a little spot and stalk. Noisy ground and fickle wind was our downfall. Busted 3x at 50-100 yards when the wind shifted. And one more time at 30 when we spotted 3 in their beds. So, I'm sitting in the woods near a busy travel route, if all goes well, a 49-50 lb hog will walk 15 yards away, find some corn and find some fast moving steel.

06-Apr-17
Thanks Bad Karma, now I want to cut class and head on down to Shiloh! You guys are hitting it hard and doing it well. More pictures, more stories! More info on the butcher!

07-Apr-17
Total of 14 hogs shot by 6 hunters. It was a great time with some great people!

07-Apr-17

My what big teeth you have!
My what big teeth you have!
We need to get last nights pictures downloaded off Randy's phone, but in the meantime we took this picture of the sow Kevin shot tonight. These are by far the longest tusks we've ever seen on a sow. Upon closer inspection we discovered that this sow was a hermaphrodite....only the second we've ever seen, and both within the past year!

07-Apr-17
Those are some big teeth! Oh and the hog has some nice cutters too! Congrats Kevin and Shiloh!

07-Apr-17
Those are some good cutters. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Love the stories and the pictures. I'll try to get my son to keep everyone posted while we are there next week. I guess I should thank you for holding of on the big black and white boar just for me. LOL

07-Apr-17
I decided to sit in the woods where I'd seen a lot of pigs traveling in the past. There's a freeway where the creek creates a natural funnel there. As I walk in, the wind busts me and some 20 pigs get up, including two whoppers. I find an oak tree for a backdrop and spread some corn about 17 yards away and corn to the north as the orevailing breeze was north. A group of six medium hogs comes from the south, headed my way. But one hog at 30 yards doesn't like something. No grunts but they move to the west a bit, giving me a wide berth. Two big hogs get up about 120 yards north and feed away. Two groups come from the road side and go north of me. Then another group comes in. They head east and two pigs find the corn trail. I watch them start chomping and they come down, eating as fast as they can. One is a black 60-70 lb hog. The other is bigger, and brown. They come in and hit my corn hard. The brown one gives me a broadside and I draw. Neither pig sees the motion and so,the arrow heads toward the hog. A familiar thunk as it runs north out of sight. A short walk to almost immediate blood on the ground, and more blood every few feet. 100 yards later, a dead hog. And only 100 yards from the road. Easy drag, even with a creek crossing. I'd guess 100 lbs. the scale read 100.86, the only time I'd ever been close guessing their weights. A "sow" with great cutters.

Great trip. Foxwillkill, the reverse Oreo is yours for the taking.

07-Apr-17
Amazing hunt BK. Congrats!

08-Apr-17
Okay, my comments on the butcher. Tim Green is a nice fellow. I have not been a big fan of breakfast sausage. His is lean, and well-seasoned. Very little grease left in the pan. By far the best breakfast sausage I have ever had, and darn good. I had some for breakfast, and even though I was eating farm eggs with it, was wishing I had forsaken the eggs and had more sausage.

The hot links are spicy, and also lean and well-seasoned. It was a winner, too. This meat won't last long.

Two thumbs up from me.

09-Apr-17
Thanks for the feed back on the butcher. Sounds like we will take advantage of that. I take it that he is close to Shiloh and we can drop off at night after the hunt?

09-Apr-17
2nd comment on the sausage. I received an invitation to a little gathering last night, with plenty of carnivores and meat for all to eat. So, I brought a package of the hot links and breakfast sausage. Verdict: both plates were devoured when put out before folks. One lady thought the breakfast sausage was the best sausage she'd ever eaten. The hot links were equally well received. So, it's not just me that likes the sausage.

There's also a little spot in Stonewall called Lori's Onion Grill. Been in business exactly one year last Friday. Their onion burger is a good, honest burger. Good breakfast as well, and inexpensive. Breakfast for four was about $31.00. Good food.

I've raved about the sausage, but let's not forget why we were there. Shiloh Ranch, meaning Matt and Cheryl, still delivers a great hunt. The one fellow that never got a pig saw about 100 pigs that came in, the first night at 7. And plenty of pigs every time he went out, at least in the evening, so nobody could complain the problem was a shortage of hogs. There are still a LOT of hogs, but don't kid yourself, it's hunting. They'll bust you if you ignore the wind, or if they see anything out of the ordinary. You still can't sneak up on them if they're moving, and when the wind swirls.

09-Apr-17

Tradman and Huntress's MOBILE embedded Photo

Thank you for the kind words Kevin, but it's not the hosts but the guests that make the hunt what it is! We sure do enjoy having you all down here. It's more like a family reunion!

Sorry so long in getting these pics that Randy took, but here they are, from Wednesday evenings hunt

09-Apr-17

10-Apr-17
Thanks for the pictures. Without them I thought Bad karma was all talk. LOL

10-Apr-17
So what is the new butcher charging? Is it like before animal is gutted and then drop off? You feel like you got a good return on meat for the carcass dropped off? Congrats again on a great hunt.

10-Apr-17
He charged $60/hog. And I think he did a nice job.

10-Apr-17
That last one you see me with is a 186 lb sow. Fattest hog I've ever seen. I am really looking forward to a day long shoulder roast party.

• Sitka Gear