Brotsky 04-Apr-17
Hawkeye 04-Apr-17
Bowfreak 04-Apr-17
04-Apr-17

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
I have been carrying my blind in a regular internal frame pack and it works fine but carrys it pretty high which can be a pain going through trees and the straps weren't quite long enough when strapping on a full size decoy. I used the Blind Hog by Beard Buster this year and it worked great. Huge bottom pocket with shock cord for stuffing decoys, coats, etc. Straps for the blind and straps for a chair on either side then two flaps with straps that are long enough to go around a DSD and suck everything up with room to spare. Also has a spot for attaching a bow or gun but I didn't really try that. It carries lower so the blind doesn't stick up so high but still comfortable. Big zippered pockets for lunch, calls, camera, etc. Bought for under $60 a couple weeks ago but couldn't find that deal today. Padded hip belt and shoulder straps (nothing special). Very happy with it and its quick to pack/unpack.

Birds were all in huge flocks so calling was tough and no shots but good to be out. Hoping to get back out later.

04-Apr-17

bowcrazyJRHCO's embedded Photo
bowcrazyJRHCO's embedded Photo
My go-to backpack, blind fits between the frame and pack bag. I did buy a Herter's blind - perfect for one person ($99 reg price, only $79 on sale). I wanted a lighter blind for backpacking (weighs only 12#) versus my double bull at 20#.

04-Apr-17
Looks like a good pack Glunt! I'd really like it if it had a frame. I still use my old Cabela's Alaskan pack frame to haul all of my gear around. It's comfortable and does a good job but like you said it sits up really high. I have a lot of trouble with it catching low branches, etc. I think the perfect pack would be something like yours but with a frame!

04-Apr-17
Primos makes the best pack I have ever used. Its really slick and easy to use. I liked it so much I purchased a second. Not sure if still available though.

04-Apr-17
I can't give up on my Rackpack simply because it does away with packing a chair. It is not perfect but it works well for me. If I could find a chair to make me happy that was packable I'd go with something like Glunt posted.

• Sitka Gear