Mathews Inc.
Spraying clover-chicory-alfalfa plot ?
Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Mountaineer 06-Apr-17
Mountaineer 06-Apr-17
Killbuck 06-Apr-17
06-Apr-17
From mid-February to mid-March I frost seeded several hidey hole plots of clover & chicory and also included alfalfa in a couple of them. I know that the clover & alfalfa can withstand 24db but the chicory cannot, and even new clover seedlings can be damaged by it as well.

I want to spray those this weekend and my question is should the chicory have germinated by now? I'm in the Kanawha-Ohio River Valley area of western WV weather wise. Each plot has an abundance of grass & new weeds so I cannot identify a chicory seedling from any other weed. I will include cleth for sure but in most of the plots, since they're hidey holes, the weeds are worse than the grass. I want to kill the weeds but really don't want to risk having to re-plant the chicory as these are first year plots.

Should the chicory have germinated yet? Am I safe to include 24db?

Thanks in advance.

06-Apr-17
Not confident at all, that's why I'm asking. Any idea at what temperature chicory is nearly certain to germinate?

06-Apr-17
Go to the bank and talk to the loan officer. Then go buy Raptor Herbicide. It will do what you want but is OMG expensive.

• Sitka Gear