Barrera 28-Apr-17
ohiohunter 28-Apr-17
Brotsky 28-Apr-17
HDE 28-Apr-17
wyliecoyote 29-Apr-17
krieger 22-May-17
HDE 22-May-17
10-Apr-17
Looking for any experience with the newer expedition bows. Not opinions but honest info from actual expedition owners. I've only owned hoyt bows, but will be buying g a new bow this year and the expedition denali has my attention since I prefer a little longer ata. From the looks I'm not sold on their cable gaurd??? Also heard from one source that they are not the best for holding thier tune. Thanks

10-Apr-17
Brotsky will probably respond. I know he really likes their bows.

10-Apr-17

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Fast, smooth, accurate, great draw cycle, very tunable, adjustable valley/let-off to suit your feel, amazing specs. Shoot one, you won't regret it. They sell themselves. If more people could get their hands on one I have no doubt they would be one of the more popular bows out there. This year's Denali is the bow I really want, the problem is my Xcentric 7 just keeps on killing:)

10-Apr-17
To answer your two concerns, the cable guard has not eaten my cables at all after thousands of shots. My bow's tune has held up great. Still slinging broadheads and FP to same POI today as it was last fall.

10-Apr-17
I was looking at shorter hunting bow. And the xpedition xplorer ss was the best bow i shot this year. I cant say on the denali. But the the speed and how smooth the bow is for the speed is great. Very easy to setup, and change the valley how you want. Not holding tune would be more of a poor string problem IMO. I only shot the factory strings at dealer then put in customs Shooting a axis 300 with a 75 grain brass insert and a 125 grain head. Total weight is 528 -530 grain at 276 fps. 72# and 28" draw

10-Apr-17

BWBOW's embedded Photo
BWBOW's embedded Photo

10-Apr-17
The Explorer is a sweet bow. Couldn't believe how nice it shot, I shot them all one day...I preferred something longer with my 30" DL, went with the Xcursion 6. Smoothest draw I've ever felt for the performance it's getting. The draw makes my BTX look like the ugly one of the group. 313fps with my 397gr VAPs, at 63 lbs. Haven't chrono'ed my BE Spartans yet. Quiet too, fantastic design, IMO.

10-Apr-17

jwoods's embedded Photo
jwoods's embedded Photo
They are built exceptionally well and perform with the best. I'm starting year three with my Perfexion. I prefer a longer bow as well and shoot 30" draw. I use it for everything, from indoor spot shooting, to turkey hunting in a blind to spot and stalk elk. It's really a phenomenal rig. I shot Hoyt for more than a decade before making the switch. Nothing against the other bow manufacturers, but I have had very good results with my expedition an thier customer service is second to none. Doesn't hurt that they are built just down the road!

10-Apr-17
I own two Xpedition bows, the Xcentric 7 and the Xception. Both bows needed re-tuning after several hundred shots and have stayed in tune since the string/cables have settled. I am shooting the factory strings on the Xcentric but I replaced the Factory strings with custom strings on the single cam since the string is so long on a single cam they tend to have more issues with string stretch. The Xcentric is faster than the Xception but the Xception is so smooth, both bows are easy to shoot. The bows have limb draw stops so the wall is solid; make sure the pro shop knows how to set them correctly. Hopefully you can try them out before you buy because how a bow feels is a very personal thing. I believe that the Xpedition bows are very high quality bow and you would likely be happy with the Denali.

John

11-Apr-17
I shoot an xception and a perfexion. Both great bows. I second a lot of Brotsky's comments. The exception is smoother, the perfexion faster. I think I'm in the mid 250s at 29" & 63 lbs for the ex, & low 270s for the perfexion with a 475 gr arrow.

11-Apr-17
Guys thanks for all your input. I have been really leaning towards the Denali on paper. Just sold my bow so will be going to the archery store soon especially with NM draws coming out this month. I agree 100% that the tuning is prob strings breaking in but great feedback. I will prob be investing in a expedition bow.

11-Apr-17
Barrera, you are making a great choice! I have a couple pieces of advice for you on setting up your xpedition.

1. When you get your bow and have your draw length set and your valley set the way you want it the very first thing you need to do is sync your limb stops to contact the limbs at the same time using a draw board. This is the most critical part of tuning your X. If those limb stops aren't hitting at the same time you will be chasing your tail!

2. Set your center shot to 13/16" and set your loop height. Then Yoke tune from there. Once you've got it dialed in it will stay there. Like any bow you probably want to cycle 50-100 shots through her and then start the tuning process just to settle everything in on a new rig.

3. Strongly consider a limb driven rest if possible, they seem to be a little easier to tune on X's from what I've heard/seen.

Good luck and enjoy your new bow!

11-Apr-17
I've been shooting the Perfexion since September. I wish I had it earlier. Easy to tune and shoots broadheads better than any bow I've ever owned. The only thing I really don't like and it was almost a deal breaker... no two piece quiver mounts. I'm shooting the Tightspot and am not 100% satisfied with this system. Ed F

11-Apr-17
Ed,

What is it you prefer about 2 piece quivers?

11-Apr-17
I agree with Bowuntr and prefer 2-piece quiver as being more solid, generally quieter and when set up properly, positioning the arrows closer to the riser than any one-piece quiver I'm aware of (and yes I have tried the Tightspot).

Since I never take my quiver off for hunting, a rock-solid two piece quiver is my preference. I was unaware that Xpedititon bows didn't have mount locations for 2 piece quivers? Or is it only certain models?

11-Apr-17

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
Exactly what Smarba said... None of their bows have mounts. Hopefully the 2018 models will. Ed F

27-Apr-17
For all of you who prefer a 2 piece quiver....which one seems to be the preferred model?

27-Apr-17
Get a tightspot, its a one piece and its as good if not better than any 2 piece available, I used 2 piece quivers before I discovered these quivers, nice thing is you can easily take them off and put into a bow case! I always shoot with my quiver on!

27-Apr-17

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
I'm hooked on Xpedition :)

27-Apr-17
I have one - its incredible

27-Apr-17
Second the tight spot style quiver. Always preferred 2 piece, but tight spot style places arrow wt. Further back. ...very comfortable. I shoot the Excentric 7....smooth, dead in hand and as quiet as a recurve.

27-Apr-17
Nice pic Brotsky!! I too wish the X bows had riser mounts...I have a Tightspot on my BTX...not totally thrilled with it. Put a G5 quiver on my new Xcursion 6 and actually like it better so far. Grips the arrow in 2 places instead of one.

27-Apr-17
 photo 9CDE4BDB-824A-4919-9911-50754B88F676_zpsfdvgtqwb.jpg

27-Apr-17
Adam, have you had the chance to get your hands on one of these? The more I read the more I want to fondle one.

27-Apr-17

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
James, if you fondle one you'll buy it, so take your wallet!

27-Apr-17
Bought a Denali this year, very good shooting bow. Has a different feel than the carbon spyder ZT I've been shooting.

You have to shoot one to understand. My opinion is that for the price range, weight, and shootability, if it doesn't outperform a carbon, it's so close you can't tell...

Put a 3 arrow Tightspot on it. For me, less quiver than the 5, so it works. Total bow weight is 5.3 lbs fully decked out.

28-Apr-17
Ohio. Yes I did go shoot a few bows. It was a hard decision between the denali and the halon 32. I could have went either way and been happy. I did choose the halon 32. I'm not a brand specific guy and its the first mathews I've owned. I could have gone either way with the halon 32 or denali with no regrets. The halon draw was a little smother for me and the 85% let off I really liked since all my archery is hunting. But the denali did feel quite a bit faster when shooting. Just FYI at 70lbs 29" draw my halon32 is pushing my 375gr arrow at 317fps and my 475gr arrow at 286fps. Think the denali would be a bit faster but I'm not a speed guy.

28-Apr-17
Glad you got it all figured out, I was impressed w/ the Halon I shot. 475gr moving 286fps is no slouch.

28-Apr-17
Barrera, the Denali would be about 10 fps faster, but at a 34" ATA which would be more stable for a lot of guys. You'd also have the ability to yoke tune the Denali along with infinite settings for feel in regard to let-off and valley. The dual limb stops are a strong selling point for me on the X line too. Ultimately you made the right choice for you and that's all that matters! Enjoy your Halon 32, they're a great bow!

28-Apr-17
My Denali with a 28" draw and 392 gr arrow is spitting them out there at 294 fps. Draw weight maxed out shows 72 lbs. A 29' would easily be 305.

29-Apr-17
I was sold on the Expedition until I discovered no mounting holes for a 2 piece quiver....that alone was the reason I went to another brand......change that issue and I am on the Expedition bandstand !!

22-May-17
wylie, please call them up and tell them that. I've been bugging them also. I'm not going to let the lack of mounting holes prevent me from shooting them, but it would be nice to have.

22-May-17
I put a 3 arrow Tight Spot on mine, and would say I like it better than the two piece...

It would be nice, however, to have the option of a two piece.

• Sitka Gear