smarba 11-Apr-17
Ermine 11-Apr-17
Jaquomo 11-Apr-17
cnelk 11-Apr-17
HDE 11-Apr-17
cnelk 11-Apr-17
TURKEY STALKER 11-Apr-17
11-Apr-17
WASP heads are underrated and work very well, will be trying more of them myself. I don't think you have much room to improve...that being said,Slick Tricks have been good to me, been using them for over 12 years now. One of the best flying heads I've tried. Also shooting some Exodus, they aren't as friendly as the ST, but are a tough head, although I've had some blades break off on occasion. Not very much material where the blade is held by the collar. In their defense, it's mostly aft side impact that does it, ( broadhead target) forward impact the design is more protected.

I use the Dunn sharpening system, 2 paper wheels on a buffer. I can hold the ST blades in a needle nose vise gripe and have used blades sharper than the factory in less than 2 minutes, one of the reasons I really like them. Sharper than I can get any COC head, like the VPA... Also, I'm partial to steel ferrules for long term repeated use, and prefer 4 blades to 3. That's a tall order to put into a 100gr head, I realize. ST's are a great compromise between strength, cutting diameter and flight characteristics. I have NEVER lost a critter that was hit in the boiler room with a ST. Would be nice to have a little more diameter, but then they don't behave as well at 310fps . For a 280fps shooter, you can use just about anything.

11-Apr-17
I shoot Thinderhead 125's. When I don't do that, I shoot a muzzy 125. Both have worked well. I prefer Thunderheads. Never broke a blade, ferrule, or tip. Never bent a ferrule. I have bent a muzzy ferrule. But, both have worked well.

Lots of great heads on the market today. And, your setup isn't light. God Bless.

11-Apr-17
Wasp, Wac'em, Muzzy...all great heads.

11-Apr-17
Slick Trick would be my choice for replaceable blades. VPA will work great out of your setup if your willing to sharpen them.

11-Apr-17
I just started using wasp drones last season, i really like them, slick trick mags too.

11-Apr-17
Slick tricks are solid, fly good, and the blades lock well. The blades are easy to sharpen and re-sharpen. The short ferrule design applies minimal leverage on the shaft sidewall. Four blades cut more tissue than three.

11-Apr-17
Slick Trick

They're super sharp, super tough, easy to use, shoots field point accuracy .... I've yet to find a negative to them

11-Apr-17

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
I've killed a bunch of stuff with 125 Muzzy, both 3 and 4 blade. I truly believe the 3 blade gives the best combo of penetration and flight. VPA 3 blade vented 125s are great too but you asked about replaceable blade heads.

This is one of many victims of a 3 blade Muzzy from a 53 lb recurve.

11-Apr-17
Slick Trick Viper is about as close to cut on contact as you can get with a replaceable blade. I've had decade+ of good success with both the Viper and Magnum 125 grain. Blades will sometimes show some damage/wear afterwards but heads themselves always look like new unless you hit a rock after pass through. I've never had a blade break, again except for pass throughs and rocks.

11-Apr-17
Ramcats are wicked. Fly great and cut massive holes in critters

11-Apr-17
Have only had a few "pass throughs" but my stickbo w setups are typically 39-41 lbs KE and I shoot for the bunched muscle (or the opposite shoulder when quartering-away), so almost all "boiler room" shots end up with the broadhead lodged in the offside shoulder.

I sharpen the concave Muzzy trocar tip on a stone to get it as sharp as any 3 blade COC tip (ex..VPA). There's no doubt a 2 blade COC will penetrate better but the blood trail can be questionable because it's a slit vs a hole. That's fodder for a different debate, and somebody should probably start a thread on it. ;)

11-Apr-17
Slick Tricks - and learn how to sharpen the blades

11-Apr-17
Have had good results with Wac'ems.

11-Apr-17

11-Apr-17
G5 striker sharp and fly well.

• Sitka Gear