mat1739 12-Apr-17
midwest 12-Apr-17
ELKMAN 12-Apr-17
Kurt 12-Apr-17
TD 12-Apr-17
12-Apr-17

mat1739's embedded Photo
mat1739's embedded Photo
Yesterday, My MBG Ascent Verdict came in (love it). Got it set up and shooting great at 20 yds. I haven't put my sight tape on yet, which brings up my questions.

At the top of each sight tape, it's listed with a FPS in 1.5fps increments. Is this the basis of how you put the sight tape on? I've never owned a sight with the capabilities of dialing in the distance, so I'm very green to this.

Thank you.

Mat

12-Apr-17
Mat, sight your sight in at 40 and 60, placing reference marks on your sight and then find the tape that corresponds with those reference marks. Apply that tape to your sight. The speed listing will get you in the ballpark and help you know which one's to start with in comparing your reference marks.

12-Apr-17
I first shoot enough to get the 5 pins set where I want them for 20-60 yards. Then, regardless what speed my bow chronos at, I find and install the tape whose 20-60 marks most closely match up with the 5 pins. Mount the tape so that the "needle" is on the 60 yard mark. You may still have to change tapes after shooting longer distances out to 80-100 yards. Variations in drag based on your fletching style, broadhead type, and other factors, can vary trajectory quite a bit at longer range. So it just takes some experimentation to get the right tape.

12-Apr-17
Set your pins, make hash marks with the yards ...then set your floating pin a few more distances as well making hash marks ...then after you have serval points of reference line up a tape that corresponds the closest to the hash Marks

12-Apr-17
I did it exactly as Sticksender described and it worked great.

12-Apr-17
Sticksender - The "needle" you're referring to is the "needle" that indicates the range from the dial on the side, correct?

12-Apr-17
Sticksender - The "needle" you're referring to is the "needle" that indicates the range from the dial on the side, correct?

12-Apr-17
Patiently waiting for my custom Ascent Verdict to get here. MBG are great sights.

12-Apr-17
Or just get the archers advantage software or TAP and do some measurements and voila...

12-Apr-17
Sticksender x 3.

I like the sight, just remember to reset to the base yardage every time you have dialed, and then are going back to the base yardage pins (20-60 yds in my case)......otherwise you get some embarrassing misses! As per the sight tapes, my Easton Carbon Injexions with three Blazer vanes require a sight tape for quite a bit faster arrow than what the chronographed velocity was......they have a better BC (ballistic coefficient) than what the sight tapes were built around in rifle bullet terms. Good luck!

12-Apr-17
I use the On Target software and print out tapes on bumper sticker paper. It's not just speed and drag, other factors such as sight distance from your eye, peep angle, etc. that effect the gap are factored in.

Had to print one for a friend once.... he picked up a 50 lb No Cam and the MBG sight didn't come with a tape that was slow enough...... =D

• Sitka Gear