Contributors to this thread:
Buckskin 12-Apr-17
Buckskin 12-Apr-17
JM 13-Apr-17
Rock 13-Apr-17
Mark Watkins 13-Apr-17
shane 13-Apr-17
12-Apr-17
I think I've narrowed my ground blind chair search down to these two. The millenium is comfortable, adjustable, and swivels but its big downfall is that it's heavy and bulky. The helinox sunset weighs 3.5lbs and packs down small but isn't adjustable and doesn't swivel. Any input on either of these chairs would be appreciated

12-Apr-17
I'll add that i'm going to be using it for running and gunning on public land so im trying to decide if the weight of the millenium is a deal breaker. Also, I've never sat in the helinox chair but it looks good online

13-Apr-17
For me the most important aspects of a chair in a ground blind is that it is quiet & Comfortable. I shoot out of the chair so the swivel would be a very high priority. I know some people like to slide out of the chair to shoot and that requires a very quiet material. I have never seen the helinox but I can't imagine that it was designed with the hunter in mind.

John

13-Apr-17
What ever you get make sure it has 3 legs and not 4 as 4 leg are difficult to level on uneven or slopping ground.

13-Apr-17
You might check out the Ameristep Swivel Tri Pod...Ive used one for running on turks, sitting in shadows and blowdowns for 4-5 years....super adjustable, quiet, $25 and light weight.

Only negative is there is no back rest.

Mark

13-Apr-17
I bought the Shappells seat and really like it. It is more comfortable that I thought it would be. Has a back and it swivels, legs are adjustable and folds up nice.

Found it on Rogers Sporting Goods on sale.

• Sitka Gear