Treeline 13-Apr-17
Treeline 13-Apr-17
LKH 13-Apr-17
Bowfreak 13-Apr-17
midwest 13-Apr-17
Trial153 13-Apr-17
wytex 16-Apr-17
12-Apr-17
I struck out on elk this year and at this point I am looking at leftover cow or possibly WY antelope. I would have a buddy and we would average 2.5 points. If you were looking to have a good hunt over water where trophy/horn size wasn't a concern....what would you do? I am considering many options such as units with limited public access and keeping my points all the way up to using my points in the special draw and paying trespass or outfitter fees. I have done a lot of research in the past on units but as of right now I am not settled on what route to take and where to go. Input from knowledgeable Bowsiters will help a lot in what I ultimately decide.

12-Apr-17
Mark, I'm not sure, but I believe that .5 point is your snag!

12-Apr-17
If I go alone I have 3 points. That is another option.

13-Apr-17
There are plenty of units that you can draw.

13-Apr-17
Take a look at the Wyoming website or sign up for one of the services that provides draw statistics.

13-Apr-17
Draw stat's are on the state site.

13-Apr-17
I have put together a pretty good spreadsheet where I can sort the data numerous ways. I think I already have a unit nailed down. Just going to do some deeper research.

13-Apr-17
Going the "special" route opens up a whole bunch more opportunities.

13-Apr-17
Go hunt insider has some really easy to access info

16-Apr-17
Lots of options with 2+ points,special draw. You can draw an area with good access and get a great buck. Central and eastern half north to south are having a good conditions and populations are doing well.

• Sitka Gear