willliamtell 16-Apr-17
Ucsdryder 16-Apr-17
Icepique 16-Apr-17
SBH 16-Apr-17
Ucsdryder 16-Apr-17
12-Apr-17

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
I have a feeling this will be long. I have a tendency to verbal vomit! Also, this is my first attempt at a hunt recap and after reading recaps for a decent number of years and enjoying them all, I felt obligated to “give” back. I waited until April figuring that my crappy story would still be better than arguing about mechanicals and fixed heads!

12-Apr-17

Iphone through a spotter...can you see anything?
Iphone through a spotter...can you see anything?
2016 was my second year archery hunting elk in Colorado after moving to Colorado in December 2014. I have yet to kill an elk with my bow, but I was successful last year with a rifle cow tag. My tag went unfilled in the 2015 archery elk season, but I did get into a few elk and could have (should have) shot a cow that walked into me at 10 yards. I was determined to kill an elk in 2016. With the help of a fellow bowsiter I started hitting new areas. I picked up a couple cameras and spent the summer checking them and moving them trying to find an OTC honey hole. I found a few elk, deer and moose but my plans changed when I was able to get a limited entry tag that was turned back in the left over drawing.

With no time to scout, I went up the day before the season, got out my shiny new spotting scope and started glassing some empty hillsides. An hour before dark the elk started to appear like ants. I lost track of the bulls, I counted somewhere between 8-12. I took some terrible pictures through the spotter with my camera phone and came up with a plan. It was a 3.5 mile hike to get to the hillside where the elk were feeding and looking across the 3.5 miles, it looked doable…almost easy! The plan was set. I would start hiking at 3:30AM to get in position at first light on the hillside to intercept a bull.

12-Apr-17

That wasn't supposed to be there!
That wasn't supposed to be there!
The next morning I started bushwhacking my way, following the stars and my GPS across the “easy” 3.5 miles. A few hundred yards into my walk my newly broke in Lowa boots were soaked with water from the dew, great! Luckily, I was wearing gaiters which kept my pants dry but walking in soggy socks at 4am was not a great start. As I hit the dark timber the moonlight and starlight was gone and it was dark as the Angus bull that scared the bejesus out of me as I walked right into him. There were a of cattle which made for some interesting encounters and a few tense moments in the dark.

A mile in I hit a canyon, down 400 feet and straight back up, then another…and another. I should have looked at the map instead of trusting my eyes when I scanned the country between the road and the elk. At 6AM I hit the bottom of the mountain, 700 feet up and ¼ mile to go. The grass was still wet and the hillside was steep, which pretty much soaked me from chest down.

Thirty minutes later it was shoot time and I was in sneak mode, hugging the dark timber and glassing the open meadows. All summer I had told myself “once you find the elk, SLOW DOWN!” I was doing my best to go slow and be patient, neither of which are my strong suits! I look ahead 100 yards and see tan, FREEZE!

12-Apr-17
Quick tip, use paragraphs to make it readable. Thanks.

12-Apr-17
Thanks BC. I wrote it in word and transferring it over takes out all the spacing. I'll try to edit it.

12-Apr-17

Sliver of trees. The left side drops off into dark timber with wallows. It's full of elk but thick and nasty.
Sliver of trees. The left side drops off into dark timber with wallows. It's full of elk but thick and nasty.
There was a little sliver of timber about 20 feet wide and 100 yards long on the edge of the meadow. I got a couple feet inside the trees and decided to wait and watch. One brown patch turned into a bull walking away…I had to fight the urge to chase after him like an idiot! Maybe I was learning something after all because then 5 cows appeared, coming out of the dark timber. My decision to stay put just saved my morning.

The cows start feeding toward me being led by an absolute horse of a cow elk! I had a decision to make and I needed to make it quickly. I thought to myself, do I shoot this cow and kill my first elk with a bow 8 minutes into my hunt? I have my arrow nocked and the cow ranged at 27 yards. I decided it was too early and there was too much action to fill my tag on a cow. I crawled farther into the sliver of trees in hopes that the elk would feed past me and not blow out ahead of me, taking the other elk with them. I decided my best chance of going undetected was to cross through the sliver of trees to the other side and let the elk pass as I glass the open meadows.

On the other side I glassed up in the rocks 200 yards above and see 2 bulls working their way down the hill. As I sat, coming up with a game plan to intercept the 2 bulls, I saw another brown flash 100 yards ahead, another bull! I hadn’t touched a call yet, knowing I was better off not giving away my location. The bull, a small 5x5 was working his way toward me, 50 yards and closing. We were both on the edge of the trees but there was a little bend in the tree line and I was on one side and he was on the other. I peaked around the corner and saw his legs 20 yards ahead. If I stayed put he wouldn’t clear the trees until he was 5 yards away. I made the decision to back up 20 yards and wait.

My heart was pounding as I peered below the fur tree waiting for a leg to appear. Patience…more patience…ok enough. I couldn’t sit still any longer. I started to walk back toward the bend to see what happened and to my right, through the trees something moved. A bull, 15 yards away moved slowly toward the dark timber. Where did he come from? How did he not see me? How did I not see him! Ok, back to work…

12-Apr-17
Good start.....

12-Apr-17
Thanks John any story is a good story in my book and yours is looking great thanks!

12-Apr-17
Great so far. keep it coming.

12-Apr-17
Don't leave us hanging, keep it coming.

12-Apr-17
I'll post some more tomorrow. I typed most of it on my work computer.

12-Apr-17
Homie, don't leave me hanging too long. I need this.

12-Apr-17
Love it! I too tired to post and bossman coming. Ucs you are learning the tricks quickly.

13-Apr-17
Work was yesterday. Waiting for more....keep it coming.

13-Apr-17

This picture does not do justice to the area. There were 3 wallows and they all looked like this.
This picture does not do justice to the area. There were 3 wallows and they all looked like this.
I turned and drew, but it was too late, the small shooting lane he had been standing in for who knows how long was gone and he walked away from me. I ran to the end of the trees and hit a cow call to stop him. I ranged at 53 yards, quartering away. I drew my bow but he had a bead on me now because I had to cow call to stop him. I didn’t feel comfortable with a 53 yard shot on an alert animal and just held at full draw as he lazily turned and walked 2 more steps into the dark timber. It had been 45 minutes of action and my heart needed a break. I sat at the edge of the timber and watched and listened for an hour, trying to figure how what had happened and what my next plan would be. All that action and I didn’t even draw my bow!

Over the years I have had plenty of chances and all of those chances ended with me doing something dumb and costing myself a shot. I felt good about the fact that I had done everything the right way. I realize it doesn’t always work out the way I want and even when everything goes right, that doesn’t end with a blood trail.

I had 3 different shot chances on bulls within 40 yards of me and none of them knew I was there. Should I have shot that cow at first light? No way, I had almost killed a bull in the first 45 minutes of opening day! I made the decision to drop into the dark timber and work my way that direction, knowing if I side hilled across the mountain, the wind would be favorable. I immediately found an elk highway that led to a heck of a wallow. It was actually two wallows that spanned 20 yards. The grass was laid down, the water was muddy, and the tree trunks were covered in splattered mud. I can’t wait to get up there this summer and put a camera on that wallow. The videos should be outstanding. I splashed around a little and raked some trees while bugling, but nothing was biting so I slowly and not so quietly moved through the thick timber. The smell of elk was in the air and I bumped a couple animals that I never saw. It was too dark and too noisy to hunt, and I told myself to leave that place alone the rest of the trip.

13-Apr-17
I splashed around a little and raked some trees while bugling, but nothing was biting so I slowly and not so quietly moved through the thick timber. The smell of elk was in the air and I bumped a couple animals that I never saw. It was too dark and too noisy to hunt, and I told myself to leave that place alone the rest of the trip.

I spent the rest of the day covering ground and being fairly disappointed. At one point I came to a thick willow patch and as I stood contemplating whether to go through it or around it, I heard an animal making its way through the willows. It was 50 yards away making an absolute racket trying to work through the snarl of willow branches. I moved to the left 10 yards and waited. The sound got closer and louder. The only thing that could make this kind of noise was a big bull trying to get his rack through the willows. Pretty soon I could see the willows shaking as the animal worked its way toward me. It reminded me of Jurassic Park when the trees would shake as the T-Rex came toward them.

When the last willow bush started to shake, I drew my bow and settled my pin on the opening 10 yards away. A huge bull popped his head out of the willows, shook, and looked around. He was enormous…and black! Son of a! I let my bow down and he looked at me. He was an awnry range bull and in no mood to deal with me, so I slowly backed up until he looked away and continued my hunt. What a rush!

I saw lots of tracks in that general area, but after making a huge loop back to the truck, I didn’t see another elk track! 12 miles, a bunch of cattle, a herd of sheep, and 10 elk later, I was exhausted. I packed it up and headed home, knowing I had a month to hunt and time off work if I needed it.

13-Apr-17

Not sure who the guy was, he walked past me and never saw me so I let him keep going.
Not sure who the guy was, he walked past me and never saw me so I let him keep going.

13-Apr-17
I was sitting at the edge of some trees taking a break when a guy walked past me. He didn't see me and I just let him go. I did take his picture though, which seems a little odd now!

Disclaimer...I am leery of posting scenic pics, especially showing landscape so there might possibly be a landscape picture or 2 that aren't from that immediate area! I got the idea from Randy Newberg on a podcast. He's super sneaky!

13-Apr-17
That timber looks like you go in and never leave.. More ominous than I would have thought the way you talk about it.. Now I'm scared to go elk hunting:)

13-Apr-17
Haha! I made the decision not to go back because it was apparent that was a bedding area and I didn't want to ruin the whole area by stomping around mid day in their house.

13-Apr-17

I had learned that the elk seemed to come out fairly early in the evening, but stopped moving right after first light. The following Saturday I left the house early and got to my walk in spot at 11am. The plan was to hike in 3 miles, set up camp and hunt the evening, the following day, then the following morning before heading back home. I made it a half mile when a bull responded to my bugle. First bulge of the season and wasn’t even close to where I knew the bulls were stacked up! I peeled off my pack and played cat and mouse with the noisy bull for 30 minutes before we both lost interest. I found a flat spot near a creek and quickly set up camp.

It was now 2pm and I headed back to the sliver of trees to glass and listen for elk. Once I got up there it was quiet, with the only sounds being some distant thunder. I slowly worked my way around the edges of the meadows, making sure to play the wind as the distant thunder became not so distant. Pretty soon the thermals were gusts and the rain was becoming an issue. Having heard too many stories about people getting hit by lightning and falling trees I quickly found a place in the trees to hunker down and wait out the storm. The weather in Colorado never ceases to amaze me. In a matter of minutes the day turned from 65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, to 40 degrees, and black as night with the biggest rain drops you’ve ever seen coming in sideways!

As I sat there watching the trees above me sway back and forth, wearing everything I had, which consisted of only my sitka rain coat and a merino long sleeve shirt, I remember thinking to myself, “What the EFF am I doing here?” The thunder was deafening and the trees reminded me of the videos you see of palm trees being bent over by hurricanes. I had been smart enough to make sure there were no snags in the little grove of trees I found.

A few minutes later the clouds broke and the wind stopped. The temperature climbed 20 degrees and the storm was a distant memory. As I sat watching the grass glisten in the sun, a rainbow appeared in the distance with the most vivid colors I have ever seen. My mood changed and my gloomy outlook became optimistic. I imagined all those elk felt exactly the way I did, just 5 minutes ago being cold and wet, huddled under some trees, but now waiting to get out and stretch their legs and bask in the sun.

I watched a coyote work his way toward me from 100 yards out. Like many people, when I see a coyote, it doesn’t matter what I’m hunting, it becomes a coyote hunt. I nocked an arrow and at 50 yards I decided things were getting serious. The coyote went behind a little hill, and was quickly forgotten when I heard a cow mew 200 yards away! I threw out a bugle and immediately 2 bulls bugled back, one of them 200 yards down the hill and the other a few hundred yards further. I bugled back and he was definitely closer as he answered back. He was heading my way. One more bugle and I was crashing down the steep hill trying to cut the distance from where he heard me bugle. Hunting by myself has the disadvantage of not being able to put a shooter between the caller and the bull, so I hoped to get 50 to 100 yards closer than my last bugling location in hopes that he would walk right into me, thinking the bull was still farther up the hill.

13-Apr-17
As I got to the bottom I looked up to see the bull standing there looking directly at me from 150 yards away. IDIOT! I had no other option than to just stand there feeling sorry for myself for blowing yet another opportunity. I waited for him to turn and run, but instead he put his head down and started walking toward me. Somehow he didn’t see me run down the hill. There was one big bushy fir tree between me and I made my way to it using it as cover. I hadn’t bugled or made any noise since my last bugle and I knew I had the advantage. He had disappeared below a little shelf and I sat waiting for him to reappear. I ranged a few things and felt good about my setup. I made sure to stand next to the tree and not behind it! All the little things I’ve learned over the past years of hunting were hopefully about to pay off.

As I sat there waiting I heard a cow mew 100 yards to my left. I started to worry that he was going to slide over to her and it took everything I had not to touch my calls. 30 seconds turned into 2 minutes and I couldn’t take it anymore. I decided to stick with the bugle and as I started to bugle he cut me off. I bugled again and he cut me off again! He was pissed and he was close! He couldn’t have been more than 50 yards away. My right leg was shaking so bad I was wondering if I should kneel down! I looked down to see it vibrating and I remember smiling knowing how lucky I was to be experiencing that moment in time.

13-Apr-17
This is getting good!.....

13-Apr-17
Great job for a first post! Looking forward to the ending. Keep it coming brother.

13-Apr-17
John, good stuff there! Man you're having one hell of a hunt, I'm enjoying the read sir!

ElkNut1

13-Apr-17
Thanks for the encouragement. Glad you guys are enjoying it. I'm having a great time remembering the small details. I'll wrap it up tomorrow!

13-Apr-17
Grrrr....

13-Apr-17
Dude! Man that sounds like an exciting hunt! Wow, you left us hanging though. ?. Hopefully I can sleep tonight, ha. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

14-Apr-17
It's tomorrow already, 5:26 am. Are you going to wrap it up soon? I can't hold my breath much longer:-) great story so far.

14-Apr-17
Nice write up buddy :) Im glad I know how it ends :)

14-Apr-17
As I sat peering over the edge of the hill I finally saw him, or at least his antler tips. They were slowly swaying back and forth as he made his way up the hill. They stopped and the hair on the back of my neck stood up as he screamed at me. I didn’t dare bugle or move for that matter. He head and shoulders appeared, partially obscured by a giant willow bush. He was now 30 yards away, standing broadside. I could barely make out his silhouette so I knew I was safe from being seen. The wind was perfect and at that moment I knew he was in trouble. I couldn’t possibly mess this up…could I?

14-Apr-17

I am standing where the bull stood as I shot looking back at the bushy tree that was apparently closer than I thought! Look at the weeds and grass, do you think a mechanical would have issues with blades opening going through the weeds?
I am standing where the bull stood as I shot looking back at the bushy tree that was apparently closer than I thought! Look at the weeds and grass, do you think a mechanical would have issues with blades opening going through the weeds?
He let out one more bugle and took another couple steps. I drew my bow, figuring he was just under 30 yards and 2 steps later he was staring at me broadside. I thought to myself, his vitals are covered by grass, then figured my magnus stinger would go through it with no issues. It’s amazing the conversation you can have with yourself in a split second. I don’t remember pulling the trigger, but I can still see the arrow flying toward him as he ducked and thundered away, back down the rise. My first thought was my arrow flight was high, he ducked, and once again I screwed the pooch! I ranged the little bush next to him…21 yards. How is it possible I shot over a bull at 21 yards???

14-Apr-17

Can you see him?
Can you see him?
I walked over to where he was standing and saw blood. Not a lot, but it was immediate. I decided to give him plenty of time because the shot was higher than I wanted. I spent the next few minutes looking for my arrow. The grass was so tall and thick I never found it, even after going back and looking for another hour. I followed a couple drops of blood and decided to leave the blood for now and walk to the rise where I saw him disappear and wait for a while before picking up the blood trail. I walked over to the edge of the rise and through the trees I could see him lying in a little opening. I had just killed my first bull elk! I sent a couple messages on my Delorme and headed down to the bull.

14-Apr-17

Looking back up the hill.
Looking back up the hill.
This was the second elk I processed by myself and maybe other people have a better way, but holding hams, while cutting and trying to keep everything clean and out of the dirt is no easy task. Pretty soon it was dark and I was working by headlamp. I got the quarters, straps, tenderloin and trim meat hanging in a tree and at midnight I headed for camp, dead tired and covered in blood. I slept terribly that night even though I was exhausted and I welcomed the first light of the day. I packed up camp and headed down the trail.

As I looked back toward camp a cow elk walked through an opening 100 yards above my camp site. I turned and headed for the truck. I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to get to the elk without having to bushwack 3-4 miles. I ended up finding a foot trail that got me close, but of course the last ¼ mile was straight up a hill. I guess it’s better to go up the hill empty, than loaded down, but coming down a steep grade with a heavy pack is no picnic either.

It ended up taking 3 trips to get the bull off the mountain and the butcher weighed the meat along with the head and horns at 297 pounds. The head and horns with the 2 front shoulders was significantly lighter than the other 2 loads, so I figured I maxed out around 110 pounds on the 2 loads that consisted of trim meat and rear quarters.

14-Apr-17

A little high, one lung or two?
A little high, one lung or two?
Exit...
Exit...

14-Apr-17
Awesome story!!

14-Apr-17

A nice cool spot in the breeze, out of the sun.
A nice cool spot in the breeze, out of the sun.
Heavy Load!
Heavy Load!
These are always fun!
These are always fun!

14-Apr-17

Nothing like a blood covered SUV!
Nothing like a blood covered SUV!
That day I got one load back to the truck and hung the meat over a creek to keep it cool. I got the other 2 loads half way back to the truck and hung them over a creek as well. My body was beat! The next morning I was a zombie, stumbling along, but I got both loads to the vehicle fairly early. Along the way, I passed a couple hikers in tevas with a weaner dog right before I got back to the trail head. Their smiles quickly turned to worry or possibly disgust as I walked past them, hunched over from the weight, dirty, obviously smelly and looking as miserable as anybody they had probably ever seen! They caught up to me at the trailhead later and the guy told me he was a little worried about me making it back. We had a good laugh, he congratulated me and they took off in their Subaru.

The weather was in the upper 60s, but I managed to save all the meat. Hanging it without bags the first night made a huge difference I believe. The next morning it had a thick “crust” and was cool to the touch. I tried to trim some fat off the hind quarters to save some weight, but my havalon would barely cut through the crust that had formed. My kifaru pack did a great job, but the bikini frame struggled on the two heavy loads so Santa Clause brought me a new Kifaru hunter frame for Christmas!

14-Apr-17
Congrats on your first bull Uscdryder! What an awesome story with a great ending thank you for sharing!

14-Apr-17

Don't ask me how I got that picture!
Don't ask me how I got that picture!
On a side note, when you see sheep on each side of the, they won’t stay there as you pass. At the last minute the sheep on the left side of the road will decide to go to the right side and the sheep on the right side of the road will decide to go to the left side! I still don’t know how I didn’t wipe out half that herd as sheep disappeared below the hood of my SUV as I drove by them! The sheep herder was not impressed with my driving though, which was apparent as he gave me the 1 finger salute as I drove past, headed for the processor.

14-Apr-17

The euro turned out great!
The euro turned out great!
Why we do it!
Why we do it!

14-Apr-17
how come you didn't debone ??

nice bull !!

14-Apr-17
Great recap of a great adventure! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

14-Apr-17
Excellent! Thanks for posting the story and pics! C

14-Apr-17
My favorite story of the year! Congrats bro!!!

14-Apr-17
Great story. I can only pray mine ends like yours did. Congratulations!

14-Apr-17
Great story! You were killing me with the time between posts - haha. Congrats not an easy feat. You think you may invest in some sort of cart for next time?

14-Apr-17
Awesome story! Congrats on your bull! Thanks for sharing it with us!

14-Apr-17
Perfect! Great recap and great timing.

I think that was Jaquomo walking past....you found his honey hole!

14-Apr-17
Thanks guys! A cart wouldn't have been much help due to blow down. Once I got to the trail it might have helped a lot but the trail wasn't the best either and would have required a lot of lifting.

14-Apr-17
Great story! Congrats on a nice bull!

14-Apr-17
Congrats on a great first bull! Nice write up, and great photos. Thanks for sharing!

14-Apr-17
I haven't considered boning for a few reasons. Once the meat gets the crust it seems to me that it protects the meat. I don't really want to cut the meat and have fresh meat exposed. Second, it seems like with bone in it cools better, rather than a big ball of meat. Third, and this is just a guess, but I would think a butcher would have an easier time and there would be less waste on meat that is on the bone vs one I mutilate! I guess that's all just a guess though. Someone please feel free to correct my assumptions!

14-Apr-17
Awesome hunt. Thanks for taking us along.

14-Apr-17
Thanks John for a great story with pictures to show how it all happened. This is one elk hunt that you will always remember being your first killed elk. I hope you get one each year you hunt and a goal you should plan on. Setting the bar high is the way to go.

Leaving the bone in? Actually leaving the bone in prevents the meat around it from cooling down faster. Not sure a day would make any difference but a few days, that meat near the bone might sour especially if the hide was left on.

15-Apr-17
John, I give you a solid "A" on your first hunt recap! Looking forward to more from you in the future, congrats on a great Solo adventure!

Best of Luck, Jeff

15-Apr-17
Awesome story and great write up, congrats on harvesting a great bull! I liked your description of how your adrenalin was pumping as he was closing the distance. Reading successful solo archery elk hunt stories like this definitely encourages a guy like me who has really been having the itch to get out west to try it. Hopefully you can pull it off again this year!

15-Apr-17

Front shoulders with the head prepped for a euro mount.
Front shoulders with the head prepped for a euro mount.
Pack loaded for an overnight camp with poles.
Pack loaded for an overnight camp with poles.
Thanks for all the kind words! The hunt was a great experience, thinking about the pack out still makes my knees hurt! One thing I didn't mention but made all the difference in the world, especially going down hill were the trekking poles. I will never haul meat without them again. They were fantastic!

15-Apr-17
Awesome man. Really cool. Congrats and God bless

15-Apr-17
Grats on your first bull! Thanx for taking the time to post the story.

15-Apr-17
Nice write up, and congratulations on your bull!

Paul is correct, bone in quarters will cool slower than completely boned meat. Surface area is what allows quicker cooler. Where you can run into problems with boned out meat is if you put big chunks of meat together into a meat sack, the middle part won't cool quickly. Smaller bag fulls hanging will cool best.

15-Apr-17
Congrats and thanks for the story!

15-Apr-17
Awesome story and good job getting the meat taken well care of! Boning will let the meat cool quicker IF you don't pile it all in one bag together. It's gotta have more surface area than when it was on the bone. But I agree with you, it opens up a bunch of meat to get dirty and develop a crust, therefore more to trim off later.

Boning out only makes sense to me on the hind quarters, the fronts are thin enough that they'll cool quick. You can alway cut the meat away from the femur and hip and prop it open with a couple sticks to cool while hanging. I've done this and it definitely helps.

15-Apr-17
RE: Boning vs leave bone in. When I hang the quarters, I leave the bone in. Easier to tie paracord around bone. But on the hind quarters, I fillet open a muscle group, allowing air to reach the femur and cool it quicker. (The muscle for the most part remains attached to bone.) When I am packing out, I have painters plastic and I drop the quarters and bone them out before I throw them on my pack.

BTW Great story! Nothing fuels the fire like success stories in the off season.

15-Apr-17
Awesome recap! Thanks for sharing.

15-Apr-17
Congrats and job well done!

15-Apr-17
Great write up and story. Thanks and congrats!

15-Apr-17
I enjoyed that. Congratulations.

16-Apr-17
Very good hunting and story. How much do you feel your mental approach (i.e, commitment to get 'er done no matter what) helped you be successful? Also, if you were doing the long days and in the end carrying out 100+ lbs you were in great shape. What kind of training did you do?

16-Apr-17
I struggle with the commitment part hunting alone. There are a lot of advantages to hunting alone but one of the disadvantages it motivation.

As far as being in shape I think I'm just dumb enough to do it. It's not a bravado deal, "how few loads can I haul this elk out", its more of a "I have to hike up that mountain how many times?!?" I workout year round, mostly weight lifting but I'll start doing scouting trips and hikes to get ready. I'm lucky to stay in shape and am able to get in hunting shape while hunting for the most part.

16-Apr-17

Icepique's embedded Photo
Icepique's embedded Photo
Ok I call bullshit on part of this story. ....... oh he hiked ...oh he stalked and he killed .. ..oh he field dressed, he camped, he packed ... BUT all this thinking? NO FRICKIN WAY. You see, I have been on may many Many hunts with UCSDRYDER ...we have killed hundreds, maybe thousands of ducks and geese, been pig hunting, fishing .... lots of adventures ..... and I can tell you ... I have not seen a lot of rational thought ..... I love him and I miss him and am still pissed he left California, but come on ... now you're a thinker? naaaaah. oh one more thing . the bloody SUV? A rental ..... hoping a tree hugger is the next driver ...... Great story ...l lots of big words little buddy

16-Apr-17
GREAT JOB!

Thanks and Congrats!

16-Apr-17
Hahahahaha every thread needs at least one aHole!!!! I got a spot for you when you're ready to give up shooting those poor little ducks!

• Sitka Gear