Paul@thefort 16-Apr-17
t-roy 16-Apr-17
Hawkeye 16-Apr-17
Charlie Rehor 16-Apr-17
t-roy 16-Apr-17
Hawkeye 16-Apr-17
Rock 17-Apr-17
16-Apr-17
I've been using Bullhead broadheads on turkeys for the past few years and love them. I am carrying them in a hip quiver, which I absolutely hate. I prefer a bow mounted quiver. I am using the plastic protector cups stuck in the quiver as well. Does anyone have a better mousetrap to carry these in? Does anyone make some kind of bow mounted quiver with an oversized head. How are you guys transporting yours?

16-Apr-17
I just carried them in the cups in my quiver, they stuck out over the edge, but no big deal, it was an alpine sof-lok bow quiver on a hip quiver adapter

16-Apr-17
Same as Dave

16-Apr-17
That works ok when hunting from the blind, but I sometimes run-n-gun after them. With the hip quiver, they always seem to always hang up in the brush, plus the broadhead end is hard to get secured snugly in the hood end of the quiver.

16-Apr-17
I sure haven't found a good way yet. I've tried them in an Alpine soft lock and a tight spot. They are a pain in the arse regardless. The best way I found no was to stack them in the Alpine 3 arrow but it is not ideal. The only drawback to these!

16-Apr-17
I still use them and feel the same way. I'm actually shocked nobody has come up with something that would work. My quiver is always an adventure with these:)

16-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I just cobbled this together a few minutes ago. It's not too bad, but I wish I had enough room to slip a couple of expandables into the quiver for longer shots as well.

The plastic hoods are pretty flimsy, so I wrapped the cone shape tip heavily with electrical tape to stiffen them up some. I then drilled a small hole through the tip of the cone as well as through the hood on the quiver. I slipped a carriage bolt through the broadhead cup, down through the hole in the quiver, put on a washer and screwed the bolt down as snugly as I dared. (too much and it will pull the head of the carriage bolt through the protector.

16-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Not great but I think it should work! I need to see if I can find a 7 arrow hood so I can fit a couple expandables in there as well.

16-Apr-17
There you go, a better mouse trap. Innovation at its best.

16-Apr-17
Not sure I'm ready to quit my day job and audition for Shark Tank, but thanks for the compliment Paul ;-)

16-Apr-17
That's pretty good buddy! I'll have to do that!

16-Apr-17
TightSpot has a 7 arrow option which can double as a hunting quiver when after 4 legged creatures:)

16-Apr-17
I check into that Charlie. Thanks for the heads up!

16-Apr-17
That's what I'm running Charlie. I can sneak 3 'head hunters' and a couple mechs into the hood:) Nice quiver.

17-Apr-17
Have not tried it but maybe a "Cat Quiver" would work for them.

• Sitka Gear