wraith8 18-Apr-17
OFFHNTN 18-Apr-17
APauls 18-Apr-17
Z Barebow 18-Apr-17
sticksender 18-Apr-17
kota-man 18-Apr-17
elkmtngear 18-Apr-17
17-Apr-17
I have all but one bow that I have ever owned. I sold it at a garage sale years ago. I started with it shooting around the yard etc. It was made by Outers(an old compound). If anybody has an Outers bow, Send me a pic and let me know if you want to sell it.

17-Apr-17

Griz34's Link
Here is one on Ebay. $65

17-Apr-17

Griz34's Link
Here is another $40.

17-Apr-17
Same. I have 2 compounds and 3 trad bows. Sold 1 compound. Doubt I'd sell another bow. Have another recurve coming this spring. I'm guessing most guys have a heck of a lot more than me! ;)

17-Apr-17
Thanks Griz34. I have looked there in the past and have never seen them. Crazy. Kinda looks like the model even.

17-Apr-17
Don't remember mine as having an area for a stabilizer. hmm

17-Apr-17
I have only owned but one compound I grew very fond of. It's a 2017 Missiom Ballistic I bought a month or so ago. I love it. Don't foresee selling or giving it away. I have only owned one trad bow I wouldn't or haven't parted with.

Most Bows are expendable to me. But, I've only had these two that fit me just right. I shoot them with extreme accuracy effortlessly. Quality firearms on the other hand are not expendable. Just my feelings on it. God Bless men

17-Apr-17
I own three bows. One recurve and two fairly new compounds. I have owned a dozen probably. I don't get attached to them like I do some things. Handguns are hard for me to let go of, and a couple shotguns too. Kinda funny in a way, I'd much rather bowhunt than gun hunt, but the bow is just the tool that gets the job done. A fine revolver, blue steel and fine wood, is something else.

17-Apr-17
drycreek, S&W Model 29, makes my day.

17-Apr-17
have 5 recurves , 4 longbows , 5 air guns , one 22lr , sold 10 compounds , and one crossbow . and my first bow was a recurve and I had near 40yrs , she blew up 2.5 yrs ago :( sad day . never sold a stick bow .

17-Apr-17
I sure wish I somehow would have saved all my bows... here's a list of some I can recall along with approximate year

Ben Pearson, lemonwood flat bow, 1954 (10 yrs. old) Bear Cub, 43#, semi recurve, 1957 Root Ranger, 41#, 1958 Mamba Hunter, 53#, 1959 Bear Kodiak Magnum, 45# 1964 (first deer) Bear Tamerlane, 34#, about 1964-66 Howatt Hunter, 45#, 1967 Hoyt Pro-Medalist, 31#, 1966 Hoyt Pro-Medalist 35#,1967 Browning Challenger, 33#, 1967-68 Bear Hunter, 53#, 1969 Hoyt Pro-Medalist Hunter, 62#, 1972 Golden Eagle, about 35#, about 1966 Model T by Jennings, 60# 1974 and from then on a whole bunch of compounds for hunting and target,...was single until 1979 so I had $$$ to spend on bows & fun stuff killed my last deer with a Mission Voyager, 60# just bought a new Mathews, 60#,...still bowhunting at age 72,...but cannot shoot as well as I used to,...still an archer however...how many more years???

18-Apr-17
If I kill something with a bow, I'd sell it along with one of my dogs or one of my kidneys.

18-Apr-17
Bows are a tool to me. Similar to a screwdriver. I understand people are attached to them but I never have been. If I kept every bow I have owned it, my sickness would be even more apparent to my wife.

18-Apr-17
casekiska

"how many more years?" Gonna have to ask somebody older than me ! :-)

18-Apr-17
I've got that same Outers Astro sitting in my basement right now. Left-handed though. I bought it around 1977 for either $60 or $65, completely set up and ready to hunt. It's kind of hard to believe a half dozen aluminum arrows now costs more than that bow, sights, peep, kisser button, quiver, finger tab, arrow rest, a half dozen arrows, field tips, and broadheads cost combined back then. My, how things, and prices, change.

18-Apr-17
I'm the same as Bowfreak, I don't get too attached to a bow, and I would not have room if I kept them all.

18-Apr-17
Guys that swap a lot of bows prob don't get attached and couldn't keep them all. Guys who rarely swap bows prob get more attached and end up keeping them all.

18-Apr-17
When I am done with a bow, it becomes my back up. When it gets demoted as a back up, it is usually so old I have no issues with parting with it if anyone can use it.

18-Apr-17
5 year old compounds aren't worth very much....so, might as well keep them. Still have my entire "collection" including an Allen from the 70's and a couple of old Brownings from the 80's.

18-Apr-17
I'd need a warehouse to store the bows I've owned! ;). Good luck getting that Outers Ned! I do however still have the first recurve I ever owned (Herters) and my first compound. (Bear Whitetail)

18-Apr-17
My Brother had one of those Outers Astro Bows back in the mid-70s. I had the Jennings T-II Hunter. I think the Astro Bow was actually faster.

Best of Luck, Jeff

• Sitka Gear