mission man 21-Apr-17
bb 21-Apr-17
Brian M. 21-Apr-17
IdyllwildArcher 22-Apr-17
Salagi 22-Apr-17
bb 22-Apr-17
17-Apr-17

Brian M. 's Link
A friend sent me this video of a "CT Mountain Lion". To me, it looks like a big house cat. What say you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RqsMjp3KZw

17-Apr-17
Oops, wrong link. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RqsMjp3KZw

17-Apr-17
I think it's a house cat.It definitely has a house cat gait.All the video owner has to do is put something for scale,right where the cat walked.Funny thing,they never seem to want to do that.

17-Apr-17
House Cat, big house cat but maybe 18 to 20 pounds is all. Look when it walks by the trees or the porch supports it is really only about 3 ft long or so from nose to tip of tail. I have a big Tom that is 35"s long. Scooby

17-Apr-17
Mountain lion? Seriously?

18-Apr-17
I clicked on the link before reading the thread and was thinking to myself what is wrong with people. Ha. Now I see there's just one person who has a problem. God Bless men

18-Apr-17
House cat and anyone that's ever seen a house cat should be able to tell.

18-Apr-17
Definitely a mountain lion. I heard the insurance companies released a bunch to control the moose and bighorn sheep populations in CT.

18-Apr-17
GeeQ are you being sarcastic or did you only watch the first link?

18-Apr-17
He was being funny Link. Haven't you ever heard of people in every state talking about the DNR stocking coyotes, rattlesnakes etc. God Blesd

18-Apr-17
Yeah WV I quest I should have caught that. I've always heard the Kansas Dept of Wildlife gave coyotes mange to reduce their numbers. ;)

18-Apr-17
Thanks guys, especially for the witty replies.

CT residents are constantly "seeing" big cats. One cat made it's way from S.Dakota a few years back and got hit by a car, that's the only lion that has been confirmed in this state. I just wanted to have confirmation from people that know what a m.lion looks like to back me up that it's just a regular cat.

Now if I could only get a moose or sheep tag!

18-Apr-17
Lol. Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Looks like a big fat puddy Cat to me. I did have a guy in PA tell me a couple of weeks ago that the "Insurance companies put out the coyotes to control the deer, and then the Fisher Cats to control the coyotes, since they are all over now". I just did the ole smile and nod.

18-Apr-17
When people give me the old: "The DEP stocked ______ (fill in a predator) to control the ______ (fill in favorite game animal) population" line, I usually respond with:

"I knew an old woman who swallowed a fly" Most of the time they act like I'm the crazy one, but I at least get a chuckle out of it. :-)

18-Apr-17
Fishers to control coyotes?

That's gotta be funnier than a CT Bighorn!

And yup. "I DID! I DID taw a puddytat!!"

21-Apr-17
No doubt house cat

21-Apr-17
Mountain Lion, No question about it....The place is infested with them.

21-Apr-17
My buddy got miffed because not one person agreed with his opinion. I love him to death, but he can be a dope. lol.

22-Apr-17
People see what they want to see.

22-Apr-17
House cat, with a bum right front foot (look at the limp), and I think a striped tail if you look close.

Here in Arkansas we get our share of Game and Fish stocking rattlesnakes, red wolves and other assorted critters including alligators in Bull Shoals Lake (which is in the Ozark Mountains right on the Missouri line). The last piece of info came from a conversation I overheard in the eye doctor's office the first of the year.

The lady telling the story had also among other Newton County tales had this to say, "You know we've got lions around here?"

Lady #2, "You mean mountain lions? Yes I've heard that."

Lady #1, "Oh no, I mean lions with those big MANGES. I think they have escaped from those game farms."

I just kept my head down, my ears open, and mouth shut. Of course just a couple of years ago there were reports of a couple of hyenas running loose up here. In fact I talked to a guy who had talked to a guy whose friend had killed one of them. No pictures though for some reason. ;)

22-Apr-17
I'm pretty sure I spotted a giraffe, in CT, the DEEP won't admit to it but I heard they are covertly stocking them

• Sitka Gear