BOWUNTR 04-May-17
Mad Trapper 04-May-17
tkjwonta 04-May-17
Ermine 04-May-17
MathewsMan 05-May-17
TEmbry 08-May-17
Treeline 08-May-17
19-Apr-17
When do you guys think it will show up. CPW says true results should be posted by May 3rd, so we gotta be getting close. Poudre

19-Apr-17
Funny, you mention the sheep/goat backdoor.

Reminds me of a story I once heard about a guy name Angus from rural Scotland. Angus was in a bar and had had a few beers when a stranger sat down a few bar stools down from him and ordered a beer.

Angus turned to the man and said, "Let meh tell ya aboot tha folks round heah!"

The man smiled and gripped the beer that the bartender handed him as he rolled his eyes at Angus and tried to look away so as not to draw anymore conversation.

Angus didn't miss a beat: "Back in the soomer of sixtay-two, when the rain came doon in buckets and flooded the river in town and washed out the bridge, who was it, but me, Angus, who went into the woods, cut doan the trees, split thum into planks, brought them back to tone, and rebuilt the bridge?!? Well, it was me! Angus! But... do they call me Angus the Bridge Builder?!? Noooooo!

And! When the blizzard of seventy-four came and blew the school house doan, who was it that fallowed the reever doan to the lake, doog up the clay, build a kiln, and made the bricks, then hauled them back to tone and rebuilt the school house? T'was me! Angus! But! Do they call me Angus the School Builder? Nooooooo!

But! You fook one goat...

19-Apr-17
Not sure, but I am drawing both! LOL

19-Apr-17
LOL Idyllwild! Not the back door I was thinking of...

19-Apr-17
Should be soon you would think

19-Apr-17
It's been happening much later than in the past. Last year it was around May 7th which was just a few days before the published official date. Watch for the disappearance of your "Current Preference Points" from the look-up table, which is an indicator that they are working on the draw.

29-Apr-17
Door is open!

29-Apr-17
Not to get overly excited yet, but it looks like I drew many ram tag!

29-Apr-17
I hope they change the rules so I can will my max sheep points to someone when I die.....

29-Apr-17
Congrats Ramhunter! What unit.

I'm hoping the draw isn't complete as I'm showing nothing. Anyone see anything on goat? That's the one I'm due for.

29-Apr-17
Not entirely sure yet - crazy response I know. I applied for one unit and changed my mind the day before changes could be requested. Never got any confirmation, so I'm really not sure.

That's the trouble with being a noncommittal sheep unit slut!

29-Apr-17
I believe a 563 code would be a drawn tag? I hope so!

29-Apr-17
When I look at the "Below is a list of products you already have on file" My code just shows APP after sheep and goat. How can you tell if you got a tag? Does it show somewhere if you drew a tag?

29-Apr-17
Look above ur post!

No sheep or goat for me...again! Oh well!

29-Apr-17
My non-resident page still doesn't show sheep anything? Sheep points remain MIA.

29-Apr-17
Pav - I believe you are looking on your pref pts page on the CPW website. Take a look at the list of products page where you buy tags online. You need to go through the pages like you are going to buy a license. Then scroll down to the bottom on the list of products page to see your applications and the numbers on them. If you have a 500 number next to a species you drew a tag. Good luck!

29-Apr-17
Maybe they forgot to include NRs in the draw process, like with deer a few years ago. ;)

29-Apr-17
Kick ass Jim and Todd! Both of you guys are experienced sheep hunters, should be a fun summer.

29-Apr-17

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
563 res bighorn!!!
563 res bighorn!!!
What does this mean????

29-Apr-17
It means you're in business! Kick ass to you as well!

29-Apr-17
Congrats to you guys who drew.

Looking forward to a bunch of bow-killed ram stories here on bowsite in a few months.

29-Apr-17
Did they do goat yet? Looks like no sheep for me

29-Apr-17
Hey Jim.

I'm looking at both. I applied online for deer and paper app for sheep. I can see the NR deer app on file, but nothing for sheep. I assume that is because of the paper app? Checked the preference points page too...but the points have been MIA for a few days now. Appears I'm still in limbo...

Big congrats to you guys that drew tags!

29-Apr-17
Congrats Jims!

Im pretty sure NR's info doesn't show up on the "backdoor" method due to the paper app and not applying online

29-Apr-17
Yeah the paper application, whether Res or NR, won't show up in the "Products on File" list. But a successful draw "5XX code" does show up, regardless of how you applied.

30-Apr-17
NM

30-Apr-17
Any goat success srories?

30-Apr-17
I'm curious too on goat. I'm hoping goat isn't done! It's my only hope

30-Apr-17
Not seeing anything on goat yet.

30-Apr-17
I have been snooping around on several hunting websites and haven't heard any mention of mtn goats yet. There still is hope!

01-May-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
Can anyone confirm if the backdoor method works for NR Sheep since it is a paper app? I'm trying not to get overly excited, but...

01-May-17
TE That is the coveted 500 code we all dream of. YES you drew a Colorado Big Horn Sheep tag for 2017!!!!! See their are a few Colo boys who work night shift.

01-May-17
TE, can I officially start hating you now! Just kidding, congrats man!

CO boy who ate Mexican food too late in the evening!

01-May-17
Congrats Trevor!

Been waiting for a NR to post successful via backdoor. Now I can finally let go of that last remaining glimmer of hope....

01-May-17
Congrats to all who drew!

My goat and sheep apps are not even showing up. Hope I didn't screw it up.

01-May-17
TEmbry-

Did you put in for a 2nd choice ewe? If not then if should indicate a ram tag. Congrats!

Sandbrew

01-May-17
Wow.... Congrats Trevor. I haven't heard anything on goat yet.... there's still hope. Ed F

01-May-17
No tag for me but my dad drew S34!! I cant wait to hunt rams in the rut with him!

01-May-17
My NR sheep and goat apps aren't showing up yet either.

01-May-17
I did not apply for a ewe hunt so I should be going for my first archery ram in a few short months. I have to cancel my Dall Sheep plans now but luckily the dates are almost identical so getting time off work shouldn't be a big issue.

01-May-17
NR sheep and goat applications do not show up in products on file with the 4xx code. The only way you will see anything is with the 5xx code if you draw. Good luck!

01-May-17
Anyone seeing any goat codes?

01-May-17
A guy at the gym this morning who works in our local BLM office said that at the Division Office here his PP's were changed in their official computer and so he drew a Resident Goat tag-

01-May-17
Will have to check again for goats.

Congratulations on all the lucky ones that drew sheep in CO! Good luck!!!

01-May-17
No 500 codes for sheep or goat for me or my son. Guess I can look forward to a refund...

01-May-17
Congrats on the tag TEmbry, I was waiting for a non-res to post so I could give up hope.

01-May-17
Looks like next year will be year 20.....(sigh)

01-May-17
Nada for me on either. Again.

01-May-17
Any idea when official results will be posted?

01-May-17
Sheep and goat results are to be posted May 3rd and the rest June 1

01-May-17
I hope they haven't drawn goat yet but how many years is CO going to make me (resident) wait to draw a damn mtn goat tag? One less than max points and still no 500 code! Apply for the tag every year!

Good luck to all that drew.

01-May-17
Pretty sure goat isn't done yet or at least not available via backdoor. No sheep for me

01-May-17
I am not giving up on goats until someone here confirms their success via the backdoor or when the results are officially posted. I have lost track of the number of years I have been applying for goat but it has to be 25+. I think I lost all my "good luck" on my desert sheep tag in 2003.

01-May-17
Nothing on goat for me or my son, so hopefully its not done!

01-May-17
Several of the nanny tags are in the 1:1 to 1:3 draw odds range. Considering that a good percentage of guys holding either-sex Mt Goat tags end up shooting a nanny anyway, this might be an option to consider, for some of you that have been waiting 20+ years.

02-May-17
If I had 5 or less points I'd be applying for nanny tags. Got too many to cash in now on that tag.

02-May-17
Good thought. Will probably look into that for next year. Have already killed one goat in CO (nanny) but might put my boy in for a nanny tag.

02-May-17
Quinn, that's what I did. The beauty of mountain goats is that if a guy really wants one, it's a doable hunt in AK or BC for less than $10K. My dad got his while on his Stone hunt. To put it in perspective, the unit I apply for in MT (apply for a Billy) has some NR nanny tags available. NR draw odds were 1/25 last year (which is pretty stinking good in the Western States). If I had more points, I'd sit on them and keep going for G5. A few months before I moved to CO in 2014, I applied for everything going into the draw as a NR to start building points. I had plenty of sheep, deer, and elk points prior to this time. This is my first year in the moose and goat draw at 3+0.

02-May-17

Youth Goat tag?
Youth Goat tag?
Goat is up! Looks like my 15yr old drew his Goat tag! Going to be a busy year in the mts with my sheep tag as well!

02-May-17
Funny Sticksender, my partner was low on the point pole, did exactly that, 500 code this AM, while I'm at 3 y 15.

02-May-17
No luck for me. My buddy drew his 2nd sheep tag (same age as me with 3+1.)

I'm still waiting on sheep and goat at 3+10

02-May-17
How are you guys checking this? When I go online to check preference points, it says that I have none. How do I check the applications?

Thanks

02-May-17
It's the "backdoor"- go into to CPW and click the buy a licenses. once you log in click on buy habitat stamp on the right side. It will then go to the next screen and show what you already have on file, like the images above.

02-May-17
OMG, I drew Mountain Goat too! This never happens to me. I always worried it would, but with my past luck, never thought it would really happen. Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goats in the same year. What a season this will be!

Ramhunter

02-May-17
Amazing Ramhunter, congrats. Did you also apply for Bull Moose ;-)

02-May-17
"OMG, I drew Mountain Goat too! This never happens to me. I always worried it would, but with my past luck, never thought it would really happen. Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goats in the same year. What a season this will be! Ramhunter"

Now that's just not fair! But seriously congrats on hitting the lotto. Good luck and keep us all posted.

02-May-17
Are you kidding me?? Congrats Todd!!

02-May-17
Congrats Todd!!! I hope ya draw a moose too ya game hog!

02-May-17
Congrats on the tags Todd! This will be the year.

02-May-17

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo

02-May-17
Friend of mine in Durango drew an archery goat tag just north of Durango. He is pretty excited. Didn't realized that season is 2 months long!

03-May-17
Congrats Ramhunter!!

That is so cool

Enjoy

Good luck, Robb

03-May-17
LMAO! Jaquomo is right on topic.

03-May-17
Shouldn't the "front door" be open by now?

03-May-17
Yes, if you check your PP now they show what you did or did not draw

03-May-17
I'm a non res and the front door is now telling me it can't find my CID/birth date in the system. They must be updating right now.

03-May-17
Desert Sheep was updated early this morning, I believe they are inputting the Bighorn Data and Goats

03-May-17
Yeah Sheep points are now updated, and the Draw Recap report is up already.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/RockyMountainBighornSheep/2017SheepDrawRecap.pdf

03-May-17
Looks like Sheep data is up officially

03-May-17
Somebody used 3+9 to draw S32 ewe. Possibly an application error.

03-May-17
"Somebody used 3+9 to draw S32 ewe. Possibly an application error." Ouch!

03-May-17
Yep. Nothing for me. Surprise!

03-May-17
Alright, now that everyone's sheep and goat anxiety has been put to rest ..............as bad as it sounds what are the predictions for "Moose Backdoor" dates? Last year I received my moose app refund on 5/21. Didn't note when backdoor was available.

03-May-17
I also see where a non res drew 09 sheep archery with 3+0! Same thing with 12 archery.

03-May-17
Quinn, my notes show the Moose backdoor was open 5/18 last year.

03-May-17
Thing is, that 3+9 for S32 ewe is basically the same as 3+1, the way the weighted point system is set up. He might have been trying for that tag for 9 years....

The real head scratcher is the CO resident last year who burned 19 elk points to draw a zero point unit with the lowest archery success rate in the state. He could've drawn 61, 76, 10, and was on the edge for 2.

03-May-17
So are the official results actually up? Someone have a link?

03-May-17
Just check your results.... if you're interested in seeing the word "unsuccessful" in print. I'm over 20 years into this and the odds are worse every year... Too deep to bail... Ed F

03-May-17

wildwilderness's Link
Here is the link:

http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/DrawResults_PreferencePoints.aspx

If you want a Rocky Bighorn the best odds are to move to CO til you draw!

Successful for SMS06O1A! Archery Ram tag in units S06, S46 November 10-30. I had 3+6 points

03-May-17
I could pack my bags and start hitting the pipe... but there's still no guarantee. Ed F

03-May-17
I just looked at the draw stats.... On all my choices everyone who drew had less weighted points than I did... I feel much better now. Ed F

03-May-17
Buddy just emailed me. He drew his 3rd goat tag in CO. Heck, he shot a goat on the first day of his first goat hunt and only spent two days on his last one because he wanted to hunt elk (OTC no less!!!) Unbelievable!

03-May-17
"Somebody used 3+9 to draw S32 ewe. Possibly an application error."

In 5 years, when my kids are out of college, I'll have 24 or 25 Montana sheep points and they will all be going on a fist choice ewe tag...maybe he wants to hunt SHEEP.

Congratulations to you guys that drew and I know just how the rest of you feel.

03-May-17
When I retire, I will burn my max montana points on a ewe tag and be done with it!

04-May-17
It too depressing for me looking at the stats. So many people will less points than me drawing all the tags.

Can I have some of my weighted points taken away so that I can have a better chance? Apparently 3+1 seems to be the combo to have to draw tags

04-May-17
I drew for GEG12O2R! 9 years for the tag.. This will be a first for me. This is going to be very interesting and quite the adventure. 1 more guy out of the draw for a few years.

04-May-17
Weighted points just give us false sense of excitement leading up to the draw... all the way until the back door opens. Then after knocking down the door several times until it sinks in that we didn't draw again for another year. Next the the stats come out and it's like a good dose of salt in the open wound. Weighted points???

Yet there are tags to be had and animals to kill this fall.

Good luck on the moose draw! 36 years and counting...

04-May-17
Yea ha you nailed it Dave! Salt in the wounds forsure! Wow ! 36 years!! I hope this is the year for you!

04-May-17
Been putting in for moose since before they gave out points, but not sure for how long. Certainly not 36 years, but do have max points. Seems like even though there are more moose tags available in CO, and sitting on max points, the odds aren't any better than they were when I started putting in.

04-May-17
Moose seem so to Be the hardest to draw forsure!!

And yea the points don't mean a thing! After 3 everyone is equal chance. In fact I would bet less points has the better chance. This based off the last 5 years of people drawing the same tags I put in for with 3+0..3+1...etc

04-May-17
You guys need to look at it like it is still the 3 PP's system and the WP thing is not relevant. Having More WP's tends to assist, but not really.

04-May-17
It has been a while, however, I think this is close to what happened... moose were re introduced into the state in the late 70's (1978 comes to mind) It was around 1981we had our first season, with a couple of tags I think. At that time it was strictly a raffle. The raffle system was in place for some time... until they adopted the point system. I am not sure if they went directly to the goat / sheep weighted system from the start, but that is what we have now. Max points going into this years draw is 3 and 16, so 19 years under this system. Knowing what we do now, it would have been much more productive to draw a cow or even 2 then go for a bull... who knew!

04-May-17
No sheep tag for me...AGAIN

04-May-17
me neither

04-May-17
"You guys need to look at it like it is still the 3 PP's system and the WP thing is not relevant. Having More WP's tends to assist, but not really."

I get that.... the weighted points are for false hope for the time period between submitting the app and the draw results. I seriously just want to draw just to get out of this annual cycle so that I never have to put in again. Next year I'm gonna pull a Ramhunter... Ed F

04-May-17
What Ed said!

04-May-17
If any of you guys want to get rid of your stacks of weighted points I'll gladly trade you for my 3+2 and 3+0. And if you'll buy that, I've got some ocean front property...

04-May-17
I'll trade you. I'll down size some points as it seems it's easier to draw with less points than me every time

05-May-17
Why would you want to get rid of 3+0 or 3+2 those draw all the tags :^)

08-May-17
3+0 is the winning combo. S12 bound in a few short months :)

First time I've ever won a long odds raffle/draw. I'm only 26, and started applying for this tag in hopes of drawing before I was 50. You can't win if you don't apply. I apply for these long shot hunts and plan my fall as if I never even applied. If I pull a tag, I'll scramble to rearrange plans because its a OIL type tag. If I don't, no sweat I'm still going hunting all fall somewhere for something.

08-May-17
Dang, you Alaskans are doing well in pulling that tag! Congratulations! Get your butt in shape! It is definitely high country hunting. Some good info on here if you do a little searching the bowsite for S12.

• Sitka Gear