Chief 419 24-Apr-17
trkyslr 24-Apr-17
liv4it 25-Apr-17
ELKMAN 25-Apr-17
SmokedTrout 26-Apr-17
donnybowhunter 29-Apr-17
LKH 29-Apr-17
19-Apr-17
Just got off the line with Montana's licensing section and the actual final results won't be out till Friday. My son has had 3 different things posted.

19-Apr-17
Thanks for the update Larry. There's still hope!

20-Apr-17
You probably hit the nail on the head Dave and we thought those gov employees where dumbbbbb.

20-Apr-17
You guys have no idea just how stupid, and poorly run our FWP is. It's a wonder they can actually do a computer generated draw at all...

20-Apr-17
My result current says I've been awarded a general elk combo license. If that changes, I'm going to be up-freaking-set.

20-Apr-17
Many states are catching onto this way of creating an additional revenue stream. It's the path of least resistance. Hunters react stronger to an increase in basic license costs, but slip a new small fee and it creates confusion and less complaints.

20-Apr-17
Yup got me on the archery tag and told me a check for the refund was in the mail. Still haven't received it. I bet by the time it's all said and done someone is going to sue for mental anguish and will probably get a nice check from montana.

20-Apr-17
The reason they went to buy your archery license before you apply is that many drew archery tags and never bought the archery license and were busted when they were checked in the field

20-Apr-17
No, the reason is money. Do they refund your archery license if you don't draw your permit and decide to hunt the general season with a rifle? Or if you don't draw your permit and select the refund option? It's just one more way for Montana to suck every last nickel possible out of the nonresidents.

20-Apr-17
Residents have to buy it before the draw to!

20-Apr-17
There out now but you can't look system is over loaded

23-Apr-17
BigDan is right. That's the reason.

Dave- It doesn't matter if it's out of ignorance or defiance. Either way people didn't have the license. Extra revenue stream? Absolutely. What is the penalizing they are doing? It stated it in the regs that you needed to have it before putting in.

Only thing I think they could have done is make it a requirement where it wouldn't let you apply until you had the archery permit purchased. Some of the other states do that. When you apply for something, it will automatically "give" you all the items you need in order to make that purchase. It does make it way easier. You don't have to go around buying 4-5 different things in order to get a tag. When you apply for a tag, it assumes all the items you will need, shoots you a total cost and you are done.

24-Apr-17
I challenge anyone to tell me of a worse fish and game department! MT FWP is the most unprofessional organization in game management. Their website is a joke. If you don't know how to really grill someone on the phone you'll be lucky to get a straight or correct answer. They must pay minimum wage and hire McDonald's rejects!

"Our draw results are out.... wait no they aren't... well sorta.... ok give us a few days or so"

24-Apr-17
I couldn't agree more Mule. The draw was a disaster. I wonder what the draw results would have been if the "process error" hadn't occurred twice. Who benefitted and who got screwed due to the draw debacle?

24-Apr-17
Mule power can't be worse then calizerkleyliberalatia

25-Apr-17
Your are all correct. Montana sucks. If I were you I woudnt ever hunt there again. Spread the word.

25-Apr-17
Mule Power knows of what he speaks...

26-Apr-17
I can tolerate FWP, but the Commission is even worse. Self-serving, lie to your face commissioners are the root of a lot of our problems. Politically appointed buffoons in charge of our fish and game decisions. What could go wrong?

29-Apr-17
are results out?

29-Apr-17
yes.

• Sitka Gear