Coyote 65 22-Apr-17
BULELK1 22-Apr-17
400 Elk @Home 22-Apr-17
Charlie Rehor 22-Apr-17
SteveB 22-Apr-17
Matt 22-Apr-17
Ward's Outfitters 25-Apr-17
21-Apr-17
Feeling a little stupid right now. My tag came today and I was shocked that it was for 5A instead of 5BS. I saw that I drew and never gave a second thought that it was for my second choice! I had forgotten completely about it. So those of you who saw my earlier posts that felt bad I drew with low points shouldn't feel quite as bad. Still very happy especially with 4 points going in. So....I'm researching it more and looking at outfits, etc while I'm waiting to see if I get lucky in Utah. Has anyone out there done 5A or have any good info on a recent experience there? I hear it's a little tougher hunt physically but similar trophy expectations. If you don't want to post public feel free to PM. Thanks!

22-Apr-17
Beats the U_Suc I got. Go have fun. Get the loyalty point and hunter ed point and be right back in the mix in a cpl years.

22-Apr-17
Thought you were going to say that all the tags were null and void, bout crapped my pants cause I have been waiting for this tag for 10 years.

Terry

22-Apr-17
You will be fine SteveB!!!

Go and enjoy man.

Good luck, Robb

22-Apr-17
I really feel AZ messed up as well. I was sure my 3 points would get me another unit 9 early archery tag. I feel we may need another draw to fix these mistakes...

In all seriousness, AZ has been very good to me. I am sure all those who drew will have great hunts.

22-Apr-17
I'm sorry but I don't see an error! Either zone is a Great tag. I have found that many in AZ don't actually hunt every day of the archery season. In 2011, I got mine the second to last day and I had not seen another hunter those last 4 or 5 days. Enjoy the tag and as WapitiBob stated with the loyalty and hunter ed point you'll be hunting there again soon. C

22-Apr-17
Yep, make no mistake I'm still thrilled with the tag. Just admitting my stupidity in reporting without checking to see if it was first or second choice. If anyone has 5A intel and willing to share I'd love to chat.

22-Apr-17
5A is one of the units Steven Ward focuses on. That's a call I'd make.

25-Apr-17
SteveB Unit 5a is a good unit with lots of elk, the unit is steeper and harder to hunt than unit 5bs. As for quality it holds some stud bulls but they are concentrated in certain areas. If you are looking for a 300 class bull you wont have any issues. Look for hidden water holes and wallows, the unit holds a bunch of those. be sure you are I shape because the majority of the elk will be bailing off into the deeper canyons to avoid hunting pressure. Concentrate on natural funnels and fence crossings. We have two clients in the unit or I would be willing to give you more information. If you choose to do the hunt on your own , keep my phone number handy , if we have filled our clients tags and you are having a hard time we could help you out. Good luck have fun and be safe.

• Sitka Gear