drycreek 29-Apr-17
elkstabber 01-May-17
ELKMAN 01-May-17
320 bull 01-May-17
bad karma 01-May-17
deerslayer 01-May-17
25-Apr-17

deerslayer's Link
Interesting article - Poacher busted in Nevada. It's good they caught the guy, but suspended sentences are a joke.

I couldn't agree more with the statement at the end of the article: "as far as sportsmen are concerned (poaching one) is blatant theft,”

Thoughts?

29-Apr-17
poaching is theft.

29-Apr-17
This young man should be going to prison and band for life from hunting. The courts are definitely way to easy going on punishing these type of people IMO.

29-Apr-17
$20,000 and a felony conviction? Sounds like a big enough penalty to me. If he would have punched his wife it would be a misdemeanor and $1000 max fine.

29-Apr-17
Yeah I agree with glunt, felony conviction is the real deal! Plus tax payers don't have to feed and house him and he can hopefully maintain a job to pay the fine! A felony conviction would end my life, can't vote, hard to find a job with one, can't keep your firearms and pretty sure you can't even own a bow, I'd probably just kill myself

29-Apr-17
If the intention was to punish and keep him from repeating, I'll bet it works.

01-May-17

elkstabber's Link
oldgoate: a convicted felon can indeed own and hunt with bows. In Virginia (and four other states) a convicted felon can own and hunt with a gun. Since most people won't believe it I've attached the link.

01-May-17
Poaching is a crime against nature, and shows you have no soul. It tells more about a man than "they" will ever comprehend...

01-May-17
Personally I think 20k and a felony is pretty fitting punishment. Pretty severe crime pretty severe punishment to me. AND as stated above we don't have to pay to incarcerate him.

01-May-17
A deferred sentence means that anything worse than a 6 point traffic ticket is grounds to send him to prison. Or, if he shows up with a hot UA, or......32 months is the penalty.

01-May-17
Agreed that a felony is pretty dang serious... However, actually serving the sentence would be more fitting for the crime. $20K isn't small, but it still seems like he got off a tad light in not having to serve time. I think 2.5 years in the hoosegow would be more of a deterrent than the $.

• Sitka Gear