Teeton 10-May-17
Charlie Rehor 11-May-17
huntabsarokee 11-May-17
AlleninNM 11-May-17
UltimatePred 11-May-17
ND String Puller 11-May-17
26-Apr-17

UltimatePred's Link
As a small thank you to all of the Bowsite members who have recently become Ultimate Predator customers, we would like to offer a giveaway to one lucky member. All you have to do to enter is post a photo, post a video, or tell a story on this thread about any Ultimate Predator product you own. If you own multiple products, you can enter multiple times. One entry per product please.

We will draw a winner in 2 weeks, May 10th. The winner will have their choice of a Stalker Decoy, Wind Drifter Turkey Decoys, or Ultimate Predator Adventure Cam.

26-Apr-17
Your contest excludes all potential new customers.

26-Apr-17
Ha ha The END, I noticed the same thing :)

26-Apr-17
May I suggest that you wait till the end of spring bear season? Possibly middle of June?

I just head out on the tenth of May.

26-Apr-17
Gonna try my new turkey decoy May 5th ish. May have a story after.

26-Apr-17
This giveaway is designed as a small thank you to Bowsite members who have supported us.

26-Apr-17
Good luck loesshillsarcher!

Ambush, you will definitely have other ways to win. Our standing policy is that anyone who submits harvest photos with our products in them are entered into a drawing for free decoys. 1 in 12 photos win! However, if you can get good/usable footage of our decoys working, you automatically win a free decoy of your choice. Something to keep in mind for your hunt.

29-Apr-17
i bought the elk decoy.. .. i hope to submit a pic in september

29-Apr-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Mixing some action packed Wind Drifter goose decoys with a few stationary decoys help me have the best bow hunt for goose ever. EXCELLENT RESULTS. my best, Paul

29-Apr-17
I think you should change the title of your thread to "Bowsite customer appreciation giveaway" It would be more accurate and less misleading.

29-Apr-17
Or...No Good Deed Goes Unpunished......LOL smh

30-Apr-17

kadbow's embedded Photo
kadbow's embedded Photo
Wind drifter turkey decoys worked for me. Still have another tag, hope to get out again soon. The motion has had some obvious positive effects.

30-Apr-17
Nice gesture to his new customers who are also Bowsiters.

Nothing misleading if you actually READ the post instead of jumping to a conclusion. Just sayin.

01-May-17
Does my story about my horses reaction to the whitetail doe count?

02-May-17
RutnStrut, I don't disagree one bit that your title is probably better. If I would have thought of yours at the time of the post, I absolutely would have used it.

I was just trying to do something nice for our supporters. I was by no means trying to inconvenience anyone.

I would be happy to change the title except I cannot. In fact, the admin cannot change it either. The only reason I know this is I once made a typo in a title. I wanted to edit the title but was informed the only way to change a title is to delete the entire post and make a new one.

02-May-17
Donnybowhunter, thank you for your elk purchase. I wish you the best of luck this September!

Paul@thefort, that is still one of my absolute favorite pictures and stories. That immediately made me want to try it!

That's about right, Jordanathone......lol.

02-May-17
Thanks SBH!

Absolutely Two Feathers.

Scoot, that's a fantastic photo. I'm so happy to hear you and your daughter had success. It doesn't get much better than hunting with your children.

02-May-17
Wow, nice idea but you probably a just ticked off a whole bunch of future customers, not the greatest marketing plan. Also, giveaways by law are to be open to all that's why you see no purchase necessary. I won't tell,

02-May-17

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
I was hunting this past August for mulies and had a herd come through and spot me about 50 yards out and fed right in to 5 yards. I had the wind on my face and these deer were around me for 30 minutes. Theses were not suburban deer. Nearest home was 10 miles away. You can see as they get close that I was taking the picture through my sight window and you'll see my sight and arrow. The does made great decoys. A spike came in, but no buck.

02-May-17

02-May-17

02-May-17

This pic the doe was at 4 yards

02-May-17

Here's the spike that came in from the side while the does were feeding.

02-May-17
Once they fed around me, they caught my wind and blew out. They thought I was a deer the whole time. I added to it by moving the bow around and flicking the ears. I had no cover besides a 2 foot bush I was sitting behind that was slightly downhill from me.

03-May-17

AlleninNM's embedded Photo
AlleninNM's embedded Photo
Got to try the set of three Wind Drifter decoys out during New Mexico's youth season for my daughters first turkey hunt. She has been hunting turkeys with me for years, but this was her first hunt. (I know. Shotgun hunt, but she is not ready for bow just yet) We hiked in about a mile to our spot and got set up. I put the Wind Drifter decoys about 20 yards from our setup, which consisted of a small group of juniper trees with some added brush. We were next to a pond with an earthen dam. As soon as we were set, I made some soft yelps on my box call, and immediately got a response from about 200 yards. But only hens yelping back to me. They kept calling, and it was clear they were coming closer. As they came into view, I could see one large tom. The flock looked to be about 20 birds, with the large tom in full strut. But no gobbling. As they were already headed my way, I kept quiet to see if the decoys came into play. As the flock was about 100 yards off, a lone tom popped up on the top of the dam, about 50 yards away. He was looking straight at the decoys. Another tom came up right behind him and was locked onto the decoys. Both of the toms started to walk along the top of the dam towards us, which seemed to irritate the boss tom. He ran over and started a fight with one of the smaller toms, and kicked the smaller tom into the pond. I had told my daughter that once they reached a certain point on the dam, they were in range and she could shoot. But they sprinted right past this point and didn't stop until they reached the end of the dam, about 25 yards away. They seemed confused and started to walk away from us, down the far side of the dam. I was worried they were going to leave, so when the boss tom stopped for a moment, I told my daughter to shoot. At the shot, he dropped and flopped out of sight on the far side of the dam. The two other toms disappeared, but popped back up on the top of the dam, and milled around for a bit. I think if I had done some calling, they would have come back. We got up and went to find the tom. He had expired in the creek below the spillway and his fan was a bit frazzled. Turns out the birds were not walking away, but had encountered the spillway full of water and had started to walk down to where the spillway narrows so they could cross and make their way back up to the decoys. If I had not told her to shoot, I feel certain they would have come across and we would have had some exciting footage of them interacting with the decoys. Overall, I am impressed with the decoys. Light and easy to carry and setup. The wind this hunt was very light, so they were merely moving around with none of the "feeding" motion seen in higher winds. But the movement was enough to pull the three toms away from a flock of about 20 hens and caused them to fight when they had not been fighting at all prior to seeing the decoys. I've used the decoys again on another hunt, and have caught myself reaching for my bow thinking a turkey has snuck up on me. But then I am easily fooled sometimes.

03-May-17
I also have the Ultimate Predator Elk decoy. Got to use it last year on my second season bow hunt. It was a HOT and dry hunt. Areas where I usually see significant elk activity were silent. Went 5 days without even hearing a bugle. Tough hunt. By about the 7th day, I was getting antsy for some action. Was sitting a meadow in the evening, when a cow walked into view. She slowly fed into the meadow and was joined by a spike. The spike came to the middle of the meadow and started browsing. I figured time to have a little fun. Without calling, I held the bow with the decoy attached straight in front of me and slowly walked towards the spike. When he would look up, I would stop. When he would go back to browsing, I would move forward. I got to about 75 yards from him and got a little cocky about my stalk. He would put his head down, and I would move quickly towards him. Didn't care a bit. I walked straight to 25 yards from him and he wasn't bothered. Suddenly I get a bark to my left, and I glance over. Cow elk has spotted my profile and since I am focusing on the spike, no longer sees the decoy. She busts out and the spike stares at me for a second and bolts. Not saying spike bulls are the toughest to fool. I've had them follow me out of the woods in the evening, because they are convinced there might still be a friend for them to hang out with after all the adults have gotten tired of their antics. But I doubt I could have stalked to within 25 yards of an elk in an open meadow without the decoy.

03-May-17
LBShooter, we by no means were TRYING to exclude anyone. ALL we wanted to do was thank our customers in a fun manner. I certainly hope no one is offended because we wanted to do something nice for our supporters.

Here at Ultimate Predator, we have always and will always not think of our customers as a number or revenue but rather as part of the Ultimate Predator Family. We have met and become friends with many truly amazing individuals around the country in this manner.

03-May-17
No need to explain to me, as mentioned earlier, customer appreciation would have been a better choice of words. As Yoda said, "Do not try, Do".

03-May-17
AlleninNM, both of your stories are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your experiences. There is absolutely nothing better to hear than we had a small part in a youth hunter's first hunt! It warms our hearts and puts a smile on our faces.

03-May-17
IdyllwildArcher, how cool is that?!? We have so much fun interacting with the animals just like you did. In fact, I may have just as much fun interacting as I do shooting. I have had experiences in nature just like yours and AlleninNM that I would have never tried before we started making our Stalker Decoys. Thank you for sharing your experience!

03-May-17
IdyllwildArcher, how cool is that?!? We have so much fun interacting with the animals just like you did. In fact, I may have just as much fun interacting as I do shooting. I have had experiences in nature just like yours and AlleninNM that I would have never tried before we started making our Stalker Decoys. Thank you for sharing your experience!

03-May-17
LBshooter X2

It's almost like your teasing everyone who hasn't bought your product.

60x strings did a giveaway and it was no purchase necessary, I signed up for it and because of that my next string will be purchased from them. That was good advertising for them and they didn't make anyone feel left out because they didn't buy a product from them.

Making a Bowsite Exclusive Giveaway to only a few Bowsite buyers of your product leaves a lot of Bowsite regulars outside looking in.

You say, we by no means were TRYING to exclude anyone...... HUH?

04-May-17
Well, I figure I'd lend a hand and bump this back to the top. The odds for you 6 who have the decoy is pretty good, wish I had a story to add.

05-May-17

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
I'll play....i love your decoys. Alas, I would love to post a killer pic that shows the Kodiak Sitka blacktail I was sneaking on[ from 500yd squeezing my petite 6'4" 235# frame behind your deke] but alas...the dexterity required to hold my bow, my camera, put on my glasses so that i can see into the viewfinder is beyond my pay grade. [painfully obvious I didn't put those glasses on here,eh?]

Now you know why you won't see any quality videos from me...awe...lets not mince words...you won't get any quality stills from me either!

So here is my photo.....i'm pretty proud of myself just getting the decoy in there!

I know how you guys do it with cameras strapped to different locations on your gear and human appendages.....but I know if i tried..... I would bump it....and end up with the sound of my bow going off with 10 quality minutes of my inner ear canal...and nobody should be subjected to that!

05-May-17
Beendare, haha I love your post! I have one of those "dainty" frames too. People always give me a hard time that I look like an 8' tall deer......lol.....still works though.

It's amazing how easy it is to mess up your stalk when you start throwing a camera into the mix. I have regretted that decision many times. I'm so happy to hear you had a little fun/action on Kodiak! Thank you for sharing.

05-May-17
Yeah, it was really cool. Being right next to 5 deer for nearly 30 minutes and trying to look around for a buck to join was a lot of fun. They were so close I could hear them chewing and breathing. You can watch them with binos, but it's a whole different experience with them right next to you doing their thing. They were so close I could even smell them.

06-May-17

Ned mobile 's embedded Photo
Ned mobile 's embedded Photo
The very first day of hunting with this technique resulted in this beautiful bird. I hunted with a good friend whom showed me the ropes. We actually doubled. Unbelievable to me. An awesome day!!

06-May-17

I agree with Idyll about up close and personal and that is Bow Hunting.

The Ultimate Predator Gear, Action Camera is terrific. In this Video I am operating it from about 30 yards away with my Smartphone. Pretty cool. C

07-May-17

huntabsarokee's embedded Photo
1st 3 arrows using the decoy on Hoyt Spyder 34
huntabsarokee's embedded Photo
1st 3 arrows using the decoy on Hoyt Spyder 34
Ok I am in but no kill shot here. Picked my elk decoy up for the 1st time. Read the instructions and decided to give it a try. I admit at first while attaching it to my bow I was thinking this is never going to work. Added an extra velcro strap on the bottom riser and it was surprisingly stable. Grabbed 3 arrows and put the target out at 25 yards. Not bad. Can see well out of the sight window. Weight is nothing. Just need to practice deploying and attaching. Can't wait until September.

08-May-17
IvyllwidArcher, that's fantastic. I couldn't agree more. Some of my absolute favorite customer calls is when somebody calls in to share an experience like that. He/she tells us, "I've been hunting for X amount of years, and I have NEVER had the interaction I had with X animal today." You can hear the excitement in their voice. Harvesting an animal is irrelevant in these situations. I love it! Hunting is truly about the experience.

08-May-17
Ned Mobile, what an amazing day and a beautiful bird! I'm so happy to hear you had fun and success. Thank you for sharing!

Charlie, that's wonderful footage. I'm glad you are enjoying your camera. Thank you for sharing!

08-May-17
Huntabsarokee, I pity the elk who walks in front of you! I'm glad you found a comfortable method for your bow. On certain bows, you don't need the the 3rd strap, and on others, it comes in VERY handy. Thank you for the compliments/statements about the sight window and weight. We tend to think so, but it is always nice to hear it from customers. It looks like you have a beautiful property. Thank you for taking the time to share your story, and thank you for your business!

09-May-17

09-May-17

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
I have to say the wind drifter decoys worked great on this old bird. Getting an old tom to commit after 4 weeks of hunting season is not an easy task. This guy came sauntering in silently. After an hour of calling and waiting, I got out of my blind to have a look around. Luckily, I spotted him before he spotted me. He was alone and feeding about 150 yards out. I got back in the blind, and caught him spying on the wind drifters. For 20 minutes he hung up out of range and would not answer my calls. He just kept feeding and watching the decoys the whole time. The wind was so calm, but every time a little breeze would come though the drifters would move about and he would get a little closer. Finally he strutted in to 20 yards, and i'll admit I had trouble keeping my pin steady on this old grey beard! But I was able to put an arrow through him and he tipped over 10 yards away! I'm confident the wind drifters got me this bird, as he never made a noise coming in, and would only strut after he seen the drifters move. My wife shot her tom out of this same area the weekend before, also using the drifters. Thanks Lance !

09-May-17

09-May-17

The whole FAM !
The whole FAM !
My wife's bird.

10-May-17
ND String Puller, congratulations on the birds. That's such a wonder story. I'm SO happy we could help you and your wife make a few memories. Thanks for sharing, and you have an absolutely beautiful family!

10-May-17
AND THE WINNER IS..........

10-May-17
Congrats to ND String Puller. And Kudos to Ultimate Predator for having this.

11-May-17
Well done and thanks to Ultimate Predator Gear. C

11-May-17
I never did have much luck with the girls, but thanks for the contest anyway and congrats to the winner.

11-May-17
Congrats String Puller and thanks to Ultimate Predator for the contest. Hope to win some gear in the future.

11-May-17
You guys are very welcome!

11-May-17
Thanks guys! And thank you Lance for making some great products! I've been hanging around bowsite since it's beginning, but don't post much. That will have to change once I put the stalker decoy to work this fall. I'll try and get some video of it too. Tell your daughter thanks too! :)

• Sitka Gear