Ken 26-Apr-17
Mark Watkins 26-Apr-17
Huntcell 26-Apr-17
shane 26-Apr-17
luckychucky 26-Apr-17
r-man 26-Apr-17
Coyote 65 26-Apr-17
26-Apr-17
Anyone used one of these? I could see a place for one when blood trailing.

http://www.flir-direct.com/product/flir-onepro-thermal-camera-for-android?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PS.%20-%20Flir%20(USA)&utm_term=1100501425558&utm_content=FLIR%20-%20INSTRUMENTS

26-Apr-17
I know Pat ran an article a while back featuring the Flir Monocular. What I'm interested in is the phone application. I really don't want to haul around yet another object in the woods. That is why the phone unit is appealing.

26-Apr-17
I just got the Cat S60 phone with Flir built in. Have not tried blood trailing but it does show where an animal was bedded (cat) and fresh scat or warm pee. I think blood would show as long as it is slightly warmer than the ground. Also useful around the house for heat loss and electrical problems.

26-Apr-17
I guess blood trailing isn't what I specifically meant. I meant finding a downed animal. Has anyone used the phone unit?

26-Apr-17

Ken's embedded Photo
Ken's embedded Photo
I have the Seek Compact XR that goes on my Iphone. Haven't used it in the field for looking for dead animals but I took this picture of a mountain lion with it. O.K. I was testing the unit and it's a housecat.

26-Apr-17
Very cool imagery....I've often thought (inconclusively) how beneficial it would be in real world application of locating hit animals? I guess a lot of it would depend on your terrain, foliage and how long there is enough heat retained in the animal for he unit to detect...among other considerations...

Mark

Mark

26-Apr-17
Perhaps could incorporate such camera with a small drone. After the shot, pull out the mini drone camera combo and do quick fly up and over and trail the wounded animals to it's final demise. The TV personalitys wouldn't have to wait until the next day to do a 20 man search for hit list buck. There's a need it will be made.

26-Apr-17
Pat what unit did you use for the video? That looked awesome.

26-Apr-17
I want to use it for entering and exiting in the dark. I think one would see some critters while waiting for daylight or be sure the coast is clear when leaving. I will not be surprised if they are labeled unethical or illegal.

26-Apr-17
I am getting the cheap one 599$ from opticsplanet , Just ordered it

26-Apr-17
Let us know how it works r-man, I live across from a big meadow and elk come in after dark, would be great to be observe them from the house and watch their behavior.

Terry

• Sitka Gear