Hunting5555 27-Apr-17
Bou'bound 27-Apr-17
Scooter 27-Apr-17
BOX CALL 27-Apr-17
Hunting5555 28-Apr-17
APauls 28-Apr-17
Mr.m2 29-Apr-17
26-Apr-17
Just got my new Diamond SB1... I like doing my own work , so, tried to press it to install peep and drop away rest cable, but found that my Bowmaster LG Brackets (3/4 inch) are a bit to wide for the limbs. They barely fit on the limbs and probably would slip off... So I didn't try it any further. My question is can I remove those plastic pieces that are at the bottom of the limb slots ,to fit the Bowmaster braces under the Binary Cams, to safely press the limbs? Afterward, I would reinstall those little plastic pieces. Thanks.

27-Apr-17
Provide a photo

27-Apr-17

Scooter's embedded Photo
Scooter's embedded Photo
This is the plastic thing I'm talking about...

27-Apr-17
Those are there to prevent the limbs from splitting at the fork due to twist.

In theory, you should be fine, but do so at your own risk.

27-Apr-17
I have no idea to be honest. But my gut tells me I wouldn't recommend it. My gut tells me that plastic piece is out of the ordinary and was probably added to stop a problem. Considering where its at and that sticker says "binary".... I'm just guessing, but I would say they had an issue with the limbs torquing sideways and splitting right up the middle. That plastic piece likely spreads the "torque" across the width of the limb rather than concentrating at the point of that cutout. Like I said, I'm just guessing......

27-Apr-17
Always trust x man on this stuff

27-Apr-17
Thanks guys for your response.... Looks like either a trip to the Pro Shop, or, a different press.....

27-Apr-17
I'm in the same quandary.my compounds are solid limb models,and looking for a good portable press.sure would save extra trips to the bow shop.

28-Apr-17
Box Call, a Bowmaster press works well for solid limb bows. I made something similar years ago and used it many times on my bows. In fact, I used mine to completely disassemble my bow one time.

The issue here with this gentleman's specific bow, is the plastic piece in the bottom of the fork. That tells us the manufacturer likely had issues with those limbs splitting right there. On that particular bow, I would be afraid of removing that piece and then using a Bowmaster style press on it. Just seems the odds would likely be stacked against you with that particular bow.

Now, if your bow doesn't have that plastic piece, the Bowmaster style press would likely work just fine for you.

28-Apr-17
Wish I could help you , but that's a nice stitch on them jeans there :)

29-Apr-17
That is same aluminum limb clamp used on all bowtechs one piece limbs. That can be removed and reinstalled for pressing purposes. Put a dab of blue thread lock on it when you reinstall.

• Sitka Gear