Sitka Gear
Bow press advice?
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Jasper 28-Apr-17
Brotsky 28-Apr-17
WapitiBob 28-Apr-17
28-Apr-17
OK, I've been shooting bows for almost 50 years and have never owned a press...until now. I have an Apple Edge sitting in a box unopened; just haven't had time yet to check it out. Would like to hear some do's and don'ts, lessons learned, etc. from those who use them. How about some advice on mounting it....existing work bench, build a bench for it, etc. Thanks!

28-Apr-17
Definitely either build a bench or add it to an existing bench. I have mine on an old bench/table and have little shelves and drawers for all of my odds and ends and tools all right there for working on our bows, very handy! The one thing I would also suggest if you don't have one is adding some type of draw board. I never knew what I was missing until I added a draw board to my tuning. Enjoy your new press, it's very rewarding being able to work on your own equipment at home!

28-Apr-17
Go to home depot and buy one of the steel shelf units. Use half for a regular shelf unit and mount the press to the top of the other half. You can then pull the press/top shelf board off and toss in your truck if you go somewhere and might need the press.

• Sitka Gear