mountainman 01-May-17
wyobullshooter 01-May-17
mountainman 01-May-17
mountainman 03-May-17
wyobullshooter 03-May-17
mountainman 03-May-17
wyobullshooter 03-May-17
01-May-17
I have read on some threads on here that when you put in as a group in WY, they take the total preference points of individuals of the group and divide them between all members of the group. Is this the case? And if so, can someone point me to where it says that in the regs? I've been reading everything I find about group apps and can't find where it says that.

Thanks!

01-May-17
Yes they average the points for your group- you can call them or it is in the online brochure stuff.

I just put my kid in for a tag since he has to pay the adult price next year- maybe he will get lucky with 4 PP's and go with my Father-in-law if he draws since he knows the unit really well.

Good luck-

01-May-17
Exactly like they say. Further, if the average of your group happens to be 2.5, you'll be in the <2 pool. Means you'll draw before those in the 2 PP pool, but not before those in the 3 PP pool.

01-May-17
Great info! I didn't know this.

01-May-17
Thanks for the info guys. I have 5 points but I'm doing a hunt with a group in a unit that only takes 1 to guarantee you draw. The other 2 in my group have 0 points. So we will each have 1.6. That will work out nicely.

01-May-17
mountainman, if you're still looking for it in writing, it's not as easy to find as it used to be.

Go to Wyo G&F website's Hunting Page and click on Maps and Regulations. Scroll down Regulations until you come to Chap 44 (Issuance of Licenses). On page 44-11, you'll see where it spells out group application preference point averaging.

01-May-17
Thanks Shooter. I found it. I think I read right over it before.

03-May-17
While I'm asking, one other thing. Do I have to buy a conversation stamp to put in for the draw or can I buy it afterward?

The way it reads to me, sounds like I can buy it after the draw. But just want to verify with someone that's done it recently. It's been 10 years since I've hunted Wy.

Thanks again!

03-May-17
Buy your "conversation" stamp later. ;-)

03-May-17
Ha! What can I say shooter, I like to talk.

03-May-17
At least I knew what you were talking about. lol!

• Sitka Gear