pav 03-May-17
swampokie 03-May-17
bb 03-May-17
Scar Finga 03-May-17
ElkNut1 03-May-17
PECO 03-May-17
stealthycat 03-May-17
02-May-17
If you struck out on your draw tags, what are your plans this fall?

I have a couple of options with the most likely being WY antelope. Anyone picking up a leftover, hunting OTC or just chasing another species to scratch the itch this fall?

02-May-17
I struck out in the Montana LE elk draw for the 4th year in a row. I decided to hunt different species in different states other than Montana. I just locked in an antelope hunt in Wyoming and a mule deer hunt in South Dakota. Looking forward to August & October! Keep in mind you have until the end of May to put in for the WY antelope draw.

02-May-17
Yep. That is why I haven't locked anything in yet in WY. Still determining what I want to do.

02-May-17
Mule deer is always my plan B. I have one elk option left for 2017 that will be draw this month. If that falls through it will be 10 days of mule deer again this fall. The elk hunt being off the table does give me a little more time in the whitetail woods as well. I hope to be able to do a little more deer hunting with my wife this year than in the past couple since her health has improved!

02-May-17
Still quite a few draws to go yet. But I did snag a cancellation Sept Q-L Caribou hunt, since this may be the last year we'll ever get to hunt them. They still have a couple of open hunt dates for 1 person BTW. Now actually hoping NOT to draw any good tags for Sept!

02-May-17
My Elk draw in CO is pretty close to a dead lock, but if for some unforeseen reason I didn't draw, I would go do an OTC elk hunt somewhere else. Also exploring the idea of a DIY public land whitetail hunt in South Dakota this year. Poudre

02-May-17
Struck out in all my draws but have been planning a 17 otc Colorado hunt for over a year because I never draw anything anyways.

02-May-17
Didn't draw MT LE tag for 3rd yr. Put all my eggs in that one basket! Got an Idaho OTC in the works now.

02-May-17
I'm going to draw my Colorado mule deer tag this year, then hunt elk for 5-6 days.

Its going to be a an exciting time !

02-May-17
I have a LE tag and an OTC tag. Hoping for a 3rd in NV.

02-May-17
Sounds like some of you already have plans A and B. :)

02-May-17
I'm either hunting Colorado or Colorado. Either way I'm probably hunting Colorado!

03-May-17
I'll have to go to a Plan B if I draw my Desert Ram tag in 1 of the many states I apply for them with in.

My Plan A has worked out well with my LQ Wyo Any elk and my R-P Wyo cow/calf tag, then my early rifle Bull elk in Az.

Good luck, Robb

03-May-17
OTC Colorado if all else fails for elk, leftover etc. Should draw a Colorado plains deer tag for the time after elk season

03-May-17
Going in, Plan B was a general elk tag in Montana. That tag is secured now, along with a Montana LE elk permit. Currently, that tag and permit is Plan A.

Still waiting on several long shot draw results....which could produce a new Plan A! Fortunately, there is enough vacation time reserved for multiple hunts if necessary.

03-May-17
Struck out in all the draws. Now looking at the daunting task of selecting Colorado otc unit. Never been Colorado otc so not really sure where to start.

03-May-17
Planning on Idaho Elk.

03-May-17
OTC AZ deer for me, and mule deer/ blacktail hybrids on my family's property in California. small deer, but fun to hunt.

Good Luck All,

Scar.

03-May-17
I hunt OTC elk every year, anything else is a bonus! (grin) Deer hunting takes a back seat for me in comparison but do enjoy a good Muley hunt as well! Good luck guys!

ElkNut1

03-May-17
If I do not draw here in Colorado for elk, I will get an OTC cow archery tag. I will possibly also purchase an OTC either sex archery elk tag, or a 2nd or 3rd season elk rifle tag. I have a 50/50 chance of drawing a mule deer tag, if I draw great. If not, no problem my wife will draw a mule deer tag archery tag and I will help her out.

03-May-17
hunt near home, save the $$$$$ on western tags !!

• Sitka Gear