Bou'bound 18-Jun-17
Mike Ukrainetz 18-Jun-17
Mike Ukrainetz 18-Jun-17
kota-man 18-Jun-17
Mike Ukrainetz 18-Jun-17
Predator 20-Jun-17
02-May-17

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
Big bear with a Bow or Gun, it's your choice.
Big bear with a Bow or Gun, it's your choice.

Mike Ukrainetz's Link
Hey Bowsiters, It's that exciting time of the year, Trophy Spring Bear Hunting over bait! CLICK ON THE LINK for an exciting ground level video, with 3 kill shots. This is the most exciting, enjoyable and very challenging way to hunt bears, especially with a bow. Our outfit is in Northwestern Alberta, home of the giant bears, high population and lots of colored ones. We now hunt exclusively from safe, bear proof, rain proof, bug free, human scent free, wooden ground blinds. We target the big mature, cub killing, calf moose killing boars. Our goal is to get everyone a chance at a 7+ foot, 300 plus pound male bear, maybe even a colored one. Just like they do with deer, Quality Bear Management is our system. I hope you enjoy this year's thread! Thanks for tuning in.

02-May-17

As tall as the 34 inch barrel, that's what you want!
As tall as the 34 inch barrel, that's what you want!
One of the first big boars of the year! When his shoulders are as tall as the barrel that's all you need to know to know he is a shooter!! Now the challenge is will he stay a daytime hitter? Or as soon as he realizes he is being hunted will he go nocturnal, or just become a random hitter or will the hunter make a mistake and shoot the big, fat sow on the bait that looks just like him but is short and fat?

02-May-17

First hunters of the year!
First hunters of the year!
The First group of brave bear hunters! From left to right, Doug Kizzar, Randy Ginest, Tom Whittingslow and Rob Ginest. This is Randy's 4th bear hunt with us, Doug's 3rd and Tom and Rob's first.

02-May-17

One of our target bears! A beautiful and big cinnamon!!
One of our target bears! A beautiful and big cinnamon!!
Some big bear action yesterday evening! Pictures coming soon.

02-May-17
Good luck! Headed to Ont in one month from today.

02-May-17

Another big boar we are after.
Another big boar we are after.
If the barrel is tipped over then the bear's shoulders need to be a solid 10-12 inches higher than the barrel. I say 12 because the barrel full of meat can sink in the mud a bit. His chest/belly line will be as high as the middle of the barrel on a big spring bear. It will only ever hang lower than that if it's a giant fat boar or a short fat sow, but shoulder height will give that away again, on sow or boar.

Another good measure is a log on the ground cut to 5 feet, a good boar will be as long as the log, a female bear will never be as long as the log.

02-May-17

Tom Whittingslow
Tom Whittingslow
Well the first evenings sit turned out really well, two of our target bears taken and a swing and a miss on another one of them. Tom Whittingslow took this big black with one shot from my borrowed 30-06 rifle, his bow got delayed by the airlines. First bear for Tom, happy guy. He got his bag and is back to bowhunting for his 2nd bear.

Stats on the bear: hide squared 7ft 0 inch, 6 ft 10 in long by 7 ft 2 in wide, weighed 335 lbs, 18 14/16 skull, 4 6/8 inch front pad, 49 in chest girth and 5 ft 8 in tip of nose to base of tail on carcass. My half educated guess on age is 5 1/2 yrs old. This exactly the kind of bear we are trying to take for every hunter, it ain't easy though!

02-May-17
Congrats and once again off to a great start!

02-May-17

Doug Kizzar
Doug Kizzar
Doug Kizzar with the big bear featured in the trail cam pic. Taken with a crossbow so almost bowhunting. This is Doug's biggest bear with us after 3 hunts, previous 2 done with a rifle so again this is no slam dunk. Another 5 yr old. We grow 'em big fast here!

Stats: squared 6 ft 10 in, 6 ft 8 in wide by 7 ft 2 in long, 325 lbs, 19 4/16 skull, 48 in chest, 5 ft 8 in long on carcass, 4 4/8 in front pad

02-May-17
Doug's bear is the bear of a lifetime. Reminds me of Carcus's bear from a couple years ago in Manitoba. Congrats to the hunter & you to Mike.

02-May-17
Beautiful bear congrats Doug!

03-May-17

Giant!
Giant!
Here is a giant we are now after. He has been at this bait for several years, smart old bear. Look at the thickness and length of his snout and his heavy, muscled body! He's not a real fatso so he may not break the 400 lb mark but I think he has a big head, possible Booner, but that is always hard to tell! Not a lot of bears in this area, we only have 2 baits in the one township but they have produced I think six 21+ inch head bears for us over 25 years, weird little, big head genetics area. I guess that also says how rare a 21+ inch head is when I think 6 of them in 25 years is a lot? Some regions virtually never produce 21+ inch heads though, I know outfitters who have killed over 1000 bears with 100's of them being big bodied, old ones and they have never killed a 21, even 20's for them can be very rare. I think Vancouver Island in BC is that way? Anyone know?

03-May-17

Same Giant as above.
Same Giant as above.
Well, after checking cards the giant shifted to nighttime hitting, arrived at the bait at 8 mins past legal light and stayed for 4 hrs. He will have a full belly and may not come back till late again?! Dang it. We will see though.

His back height laying down is as tall as some mature sows standing on all four legs!

03-May-17
Hell of a start Mike! Congrats to you and your hunters!

03-May-17
Thanks for the feedback! Love to know people are watching and still appreciate a more in depth look at hunting. The remaining print magazines have shortened articles and other social media platforms like instagram and Facebook are so superficial. Bowsite is so great for really getting into the depth of hunting. Love the comments, good or not so good! Thanks

03-May-17
Great bears, Mike! My favorite time of year on bowsite has arrived! Now that you have some run time on the blind set up, do you find that hunters enjoy the concealment above having an aerial view from the tree stands? 12 months and we'll find out for ourselves! Hearst

03-May-17
Excellent thread

03-May-17
Hey Hearst, it will be great to have you back in camp next year. Personally I enjoy hunting out of a tree stand better but almost all the hunters seem to like the boxes. Many of them hunt out of ground blinds for deer or turkeys so it is a lot like their own hunting at home. For me once I was seeing bears up close and totally unaware of me it became much more enjoyable and really exciting. Especially when I got Ravens landing on the ground right in front of me it was awesome. They will never do that when you are in a tree stand! Now I love the stealth of it. Kinda nice too when it rains or snows, lets me be a wimp. haha. That aspect also has our hunters sitting longer, eager to get out to the site. I think you'll love it!

03-May-17

Our ground blind in full stealth mode!
Our ground blind in full stealth mode!
Here is one of the blinds in full camo stealth mode but it isn't really necessary we found out. Some big bears get smart about them and more will over time but most just ignore it after checking it out when we are not there.

04-May-17
Congrats to your first hunters of the spring Mike! Especially love the color phase one.

To hdaman's question, if your hunter would so desire, would he have the option of sitting in a tree stand instead of the enclosed blind? I have deer hunted out of an enclosed blind a very few times, and I much prefer sitting in a tree stand over the blind. Just curious.

04-May-17
Hi t-roy, most of our tree stands are wooden ones that are now falling apart so not really and once you've paid all the money for the hunt, came all this way no one in the end chooses to use a less effective hunting method. But I know what you mean, I do enjoy sitting up in a tree seeing everything around me.

04-May-17

Nice blaze on Big Black
Nice blaze on Big Black
New bait, new bear. We had a bait site that got destroyed by logging and we moved it to a different spot 2 years ago. It had a steady parade of bears for 2 years but no mature boars. I decided it needed a move, we relocated it by just 1 mile. We then spent 2 hours with 4 guys making a ton of racket, chainsaws, hammering, talking etc. to get the new spot set up. This mature boar showed up 2 hours after we left and claimed the bait. It just shows that you have to have a bait in the right spot for big boars to feel confident going to it.

We also set a new bait last year in a spot that I thought was great. We don't have any other baits in the whole township, 36 square miles. It sat for 2 months with 250 lbs of rotting meat and all the other goodies, never got touched by a bear. Guess I was wrong on that one.

04-May-17
I've been looking forward to this thread as I always do. BTW, that's me on the left in the lead picture. He's the giant I shot last year on day 4 after killing my first P&Y bear on day 2. I can't say enough about how awesome Mike's operation is. If you are an experienced bear hunter and looking for big bears - Mike's got them. If you are a first timer or inexperienced with bear Mike's got a great system to help you determine a shooter boar from all the rest. Everything else about Mike's operation is first class for sure and this guy knows bears.

I'm getting that big boy mounted full body and hope to have it back before spring bear season is over in which case I'll try to post a pic of him.

04-May-17
I would also like to comment on the ground blinds from a hunter's perspective since some questions have been asked. I think last year was the first year Mike was using them at all the baits (pretty sure the prior year they had them on some and still used treestands on others).

I have to say that they worked incredibly well. They are very comfortable - can spread your gear out however you'd like and have much more freedom of movement. A few minutes running a thermocell would clear the skeeters out for quite a while and, as Mike said, if the weather isn't great you won't really care as you'll be protected. While I hunt turkeys out of ground blinds here in IL I spend all fall in treestands and also thought I might feel a little too contained in a ground blind but this was not the case. First off, in many spots you hunt the canopy may actually limit your visibility more from a treestand than what you have from the ground as the understory tends to often be less thick with decent visibility. Bring binoculars and you'll have plenty of viewing plus Mike has a lot of bears so there were rarely long periods of inaction - bear activity was fairly consistent.

I also like the ground blinds as you feel up close and personal with the bear. You are plenty safe inside them but I had bear right outside the blind with one pushing on the back door and another sticking his nose through a window. Being that close to bear on the ground is frankly an awesome experience!

Lastly, I like the angle they give you on shots as you have the full lungs available to you and don't have to worry about the downward angle. I do think it helps increase the shot effectiveness for many. With my first bear he literally didn't go 10 yards before he stopped and stood there while I watched blood pour out of both sides before he tipped over (he was 18 14/16" on the skull). The giant (20 4/16" skull) I also double lunged but he ran full speed away - don't think he made it more than 50 yards though on a dead run. Both shots were broadside just inside of 20 yards and both bear were dead within seconds. Mike's setups are ideal for bowhunters as they are close shots and the cages steer the bears into a broadside position.

So worry not about the ground blinds - I think they are probably the most effective way to hunt those big bear and I know they were quite an investment of time, money and labor for Mike to build and set up. Needless to say, he wouldn't have done so if he wasn't convinced they would be an enhancement to the success of his clients - and like I said, Mike is an expert with this bear hunting stuff. Based on the success of his hunters last year I'd say they worked quite well.

Good luck to all of the hunters this year and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see all the great bears that hit the ground.

05-May-17
Hey Brad, (predator)Thanks for the nice write up. It's great to hear it all from an experienced hunters perspective. You did a great job staying cool and killing those 2 big bears. That isn't what everyone gets. Congrats again!

Well, we have had a few shots fired the last 3 days but no more kills. 2 more days to go for this group of hunters, all great guys to have in camp.

05-May-17

Monster Chocolate Bear!
Monster Chocolate Bear!
Anyone into chocolate colored bears? Or Cinnamon? Not sure what color to call him but I do know that when you can't see the barrel behind him he is huge!

To keep it real here, these trail cam pics are the best bears we have on 30 baits spread over 1200 sq miles. Right now we have 6 big bears, 7 footers, on all of those baits in all that country and some baits that were great last year, 10-20+ bears have very few bears so far and no big ones. It really changes year to year. And this is on well established 10-25 yr old sites. You could personally put out a half dozen baits in well chosen spots in a great bear area and maybe only have one big bear to hunt, maybe none. Killing big bears over bait isn't easy, especially when you include the bait collection and manual labor involved. And even when that big boy appears in front of you and won't stop moving around, you have to keep your act together enough to make the shot!

06-May-17

Defiance!
Defiance!
It looks like this big boy is saying, "I dare you to come hunt me!"

06-May-17
Mike,

Nice pics you're posting up. What are you guestimating the weight is on the big chocolate and black right above? I was thinking 390-410 on the big chocolate and 370-390 on the black.

Thanks....John

06-May-17

Big Chocolate
Big Chocolate
Actually probably around those weights John. 400+ on the chocolate. 350+ on the black. Hopefully we get to find out, have hunters on both of them this evening. Should be a slam dunk, I'm sometimes told...?

There might be a reason the chocolate is so smart though?

06-May-17
Mike.....I have a 340 black and the one above looks bigger. Hopefully the hunters will find out tonight. Looking forward to the weigh-in. I will be in Manitoba in a couple of weeks. John

06-May-17
is that a rub or a scar?

07-May-17
I bet it's a scar, maybe made him more cautious than the average bear?

07-May-17
I love this post every year and also the honesty of what a big spring bear really weighs , You do a great job Mike! I leave for Manitoba in six days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-May-17
What outfitter you hunting with in Manitoba zebrakiller?

07-May-17
Chocolate doesnt look that smart. Daylight ?

07-May-17
wackmaster2, the chocolate was actually pretty smart, somehow knew the hunter was in the blind, wouldn't commit to coming right into the bait, hung up in the trees around the bait. BUT he is certainly smart now after two rifle shots fired in his direction... It was a great group of first week hunters, all very nice guys. Unfortunately we should have had 6 big bears on the ground, 3 bigger than the first two, hopefully we do better next week.

Day off today, no hunters. New guys coming in tomorrow.

07-May-17
Bummer?

09-May-17

New crew of hunters relaxing in the sun midday. Clint Loobey, Chris Peccia, Bill and Brent Lloyd. Dan Wiegand is here too somewhere.

Clint had some great video of a 7 foot, 19 inch skull, 300+ lb type bear at his bait for 3 hrs yesterday. We asked him not to shoot it because there is a bigger one but after we all looked at the video footage, we changed our minds and told him he better take it this eve! He came as close as one foot away to him, exciting stuff!

09-May-17

09-May-17

We could put all 5 of our hunters at one bait site and tag then all out! haha. Cool picture with 5 adult bears.

This year we upped our already big volume and variety of our bait with several different spots to eat at the one site, this has really helped to allow more bears to feed in front of the hunter at the same time. As long as they can get some separation between each other, even just 5 or 10 feet they will eat together, at least sows and younger bears will. The big male bears will try to keep it to themselves early in May but it's tough with so many bears around, which is great because he has to spend more time at the site than he may want to and end up putting himself in front of our hunter in broad daylight. Then when the breeding season hits he knows exactly where to go to find a hot sow, or 2 or 3 or 5.

09-May-17
That's alot of bears right there. You could start a circus with that bunch.

09-May-17
Do you offer a military discount? I've always wanted to hunt in canada

09-May-17
That big chocolate looks awesome! I miss hanging out in camp and then getting out into the bush - good times. Best of luck to all of the hunters in camp this week. Looking forward to seeing more big boars coming in.

10-May-17
Enjoying this thread and the updates! Thanks for sharing. Mike, what is the shooting position from those box blinds with a bow? Sitting on a chair? Kneeling? Or are they large enough to stand up and shoot? Congrats on a strong start to your season! Thanks

10-May-17

Big Bear at 2 pm bear on May 9
Big Bear at 2 pm bear on May 9
Two evenings in and no kills with 5 guys, everyone is seeing bears, best has been 13 different ones in an evening, but everyone is holding out for a solid 7 foot, 320+ pounder. All of them are on daylight hitting bears but some of them are REALLY daylight, like 2 in the afternoon, like the one pictured above, before we normally hunt. Normal hunt time is 4 pm till 10:30-11 pm, depending on the end of legal light. So everyone is going out this morning, most are going to try an all day'er. 11 am to 11 pm, 12 hour shift. Tolerable if you see bears, brutal if you don't.

We want to get some big ones pictured here with happy hunters!!!!

10-May-17
Chaco, great questions. In the box ground blinds we have comfy folding chairs with arm rests, side table for quick access to phone for videoing, pictures, also has a cup holder. Nail up top in 2 by 4 for hanging bow up right in front of you, you can set up to shoot from the chair, have to make sure you don't hit your knee with the cam or you can kneel. Some guys like to hide in the dark back corner of the blind then slide off the chair onto the ground to shoot, have an extra jacket to quietly kneel onto, that allows you more room to shoot, better clearance of everything, more like standing, works great. Blinds are 6 feet tall so you can stand up but can't shoot standing. Sorry thunder, I do appreciate your service to the USA and Canada by being our big brother you don't mess with, but no military discount. You can sign up your email on our website and maybe grab a last minute discounted, cancellation hunt like one guy did this year though, sometimes they are almost half price. Remind me of your military service if a hunt comes up. Thanks for asking.

10-May-17
That one at 2 O'clock looks big enough..........

11-May-17

Bill Lloyd
Bill Lloyd
Bill Lloyd from Montana with his first bow killed bear! One arrow kill, 300 lb boar, 19 9/16 skull which is big for a bear of his weight. The bear also has buck shot in his butt so I'm guessing he was a 5 yr old boar that should have been 325-335 lbs but was in a bit of poor health due to being shot.

11-May-17
Man, this is SO on my bucket list!! Maybe 2019 I can make a go of it:)

Great Looking Bear!!

God Bless, Scar

11-May-17

Bear and Raven Kiss
Bear and Raven Kiss
Pictured above is a big boar and a Raven who look like they are having a tender moment?! Kinda weird, Ravens must not taste good?

Scar Finga, it would be great to have you come up in 2019. We are booking for then already, getting pretty full for 2018. Booking now with 25% down will hold the 2017 price. Let me know, thanks!

13-May-17

Brent Lloyd
Brent Lloyd
Eighteen year old Brent Lloyd from Montana with his first archery kill bear! A good solid 260 lb male bear with a just under 18 inch skull, squared 6 and a half feet. Brent was after one of our 300+ lb bears but after 3 days of hunting, no big one seen and poor weather on the way he switched baits and took the biggest bear he saw out of about 10 bears. He has seen lots of bears, over 30, and got some great video footage of bear fights and even one walking around on top of his box blind. If you are an instagram or facebook guy you can see the videos on those pages.

We've been slow for kills this year due to accidental and on purpose pass ups of low 300 pound bears, guys going for the upper 300-400 pounders, and unfortunately a few missed shots. 8 out of 9 hunters so far have had an opportunity to kill a 7 foot, 300+ pounder which is our mission to provide.

13-May-17

Bill Lloyd and 2nd bear.
Bill Lloyd and 2nd bear.
Bear Hog Bill Lloyd with his 2nd big one! 320 lbs, squared 6 ft 10 inch hide, 18 14/16 skull. Probably a 5 yr old with the normal, skull, weight, hide size for that age.

The bear has a nasty little cut on his leg from a previous walk-by-shooting. I do like to advise guys to wait for the bear to BE in proper, broadside only, shooting position BEFORE drawing your bow. Then just draw back and shoot, let down if he moves before the shot can be taken, wait longer but not at full draw. Never draw before he is in position or it commits you to the shot and you'll be too tempted to take a marginal shot as you get the shakes from holding too long. These bears are not like a whitetail passing through, giving you a fleeting chance. Be ready to draw for the first 100% good opportunity but don't draw till the bear is in position!

13-May-17

Nocturnal Monster Bear!
Nocturnal Monster Bear!
Here is a true giant that has been on this bait for several years. Totally nocturnal bear. The only time we will have a chance to kill him is in the rut, probably not till June and even then you would have to get lucky. He is what big bear dreams are made of!

We've been dealing with a monsoon type rain the last 2 days which hasn't helped the hunting, thank goodness for weather proof box blinds! The hunters have been hardcore with some 10-12 hour all day sits.

13-May-17
Mike, That is a very large spring bear with what looks like an even bigger head from that angle. Kinda guestimate his size in the 480-500 lb range?? John

13-May-17
Hey John, not sure exactly how big he is but I don't know if I have ever seen a bear that weighed over 450 lbs? We've killed 2 in the last 10 years in the 440's that had hides of just under 8 ft and they looked as big as any of the hundreds of giants bears I've seen over the last 30 years that we didn't weigh. A 500 lb spring weight Alberta bear doesn't even seem possible but I'm sure it is? I would be thrilled if he broke 400 and had a 20+ inch head, plenty big enough.

14-May-17

Ed Keppler from 2014
Ed Keppler from 2014
Here is one of the top big bodied bears I've ever weighed, 440 lbs, have maybe killed bigger ones before we weighed them all, but maybe not. It squared just under 8 ft at 7 ft 11 inches, no stretching. My Taxidermist in interior BC says it's the biggest one he has ever had in his shop.

Ed killed a 420 pound chocolate one in 2016 with us and killed a 21+ inch head monster in Alaska. The bear man!

14-May-17
440 is big. I was looking at a Youtube video last night of a Wisconsin fall bear that came in at 730lbs I think it was.

15-May-17

Dan Peccia with his last day bear. A nice boar. Happy hunter.

15-May-17
Always great to see the roof on that cooler:)

15-May-17
Yeah Charlie that was a fun week with you and Matt, all those years ago!

We had a fun week with some late nights bs'ing around the dining room table. Great group of bow hunters! Killed a few big ones and should have killed a few more, couple misses on big and huge ones and a couple accidental and on purpose pass ups of other big ones. New crew in now, lots of big bears on baits, should be great!

16-May-17

16-May-17

Here is a neat picture of a big boar on our honey pot. The bears stand up to lick out the honey and then you can see their naughty parts. I would say he has an upper 18 inch head and a booner tongue.

16-May-17
You can name it Gene Simmons???

16-May-17

Keri Franklin with the Grand Canyon bear.
Keri Franklin with the Grand Canyon bear.
Keri Franklin showed the boys how to get it done. A big ole bear with a crossbow! 19 11/16 skull, 330 lbs, squared just under 7 ft. It was taken on the Grand Canyon bait for those of you who were here before and maybe after the same bear. Turn phone horizontal for normal picture.

She is now after a legend, the Church Bear. Giant chocolate who was shot at with a rifle and missed, got pushed into night time hitting. Has shown some almost daylight pics so he's a long shot, but who knows?!

16-May-17
Wow! Congrats to Keri on a great bear and good luck going after the Church Bear. Good luck to the rest of the hunters as well - might be another one or two on the ground as I type this - never know.

16-May-17
Hey MIke, I check this page daily to see what has been seen and killed. I had so much fun up there last year and your crew is second to none. I just got my bear back and it looks great. I'm saving my money and plan to come see you again in the next couple years. Any luck on Jens stand?

16-May-17
Way to go Keri, Great bear. Go get the Church Bear I never could see him.

17-May-17
Hey James, you got a heck of a bear with us! No big ones at Jens yet on camera, it's a bit of a swimming pool from all the rain too.

17-May-17

Jim kilts took this good sized boar with us yesterday. 230 lbs, squared 6 1/2 ft. Nice bear, jim's biggest.

18-May-17

petedrummond's embedded Photo
Details tomorrow my biggest bear by far

18-May-17

Jim Kilts 2nd bear!
Jim Kilts 2nd bear!
And Jim smokes his record with a 2nd bear, 305 lbs! 18 9/16 skull, 6 1/2 foot hide.

19-May-17

Great hunt great guides. As of today all five hunters have tagged a bear and have a skull in excess of 18 i ches. Only one is under 300 lbs. Mine ended up at 350 lbs , 19 inch skull and squared 7 feet with 53/8 inch paws. Great place but i could not justify trying to use my second tag. Tons of bears.

20-May-17

Guide Cody with a big one!
Guide Cody with a big one!
Super bear guide Cody Colbourne with a giant of a bear taken by L** Le****. The hunter is in the witness protection program, or is Amish or afraid of being Cecil'd, not sure which so no pictures of him with it. Shot it at last light with a crossbow, died way down on river bottom, skinned on the spot. Around a 7 ft hide, 19 12/16 skull, 350-370 lb estimate on weight. Probably our biggest bear so far.

20-May-17
Good old LL had been on the wagon for a month before. However while he didn't drink he did start smoking. Again. I told my buddy Jim that he would drink all our scotch when he got back. Jim bet he woudn't. "OLD LL" got in at 3:30 in the morning. Needless to say i won the bet. And he didn't quit smoking either.

20-May-17
Congrats on some great bears! Mike and hunters, do you have wifi and cell coverage there? Thanks

20-May-17
Yes thats how you tell the guide you killed.

21-May-17

Bob Prince
Bob Prince
Bob Prince takes a nice bear with his bow! Bob hunted mule deer with us last fall and was a blast to have around camp, always happy, lots of great stories so we let him come back. Haha

21-May-17

Bob decided to go for an upsize on his first bear and shot this big Poper, 18 6/16 head.

21-May-17
Hey Pete, I'm glad you Jim and LL had a great time and rebooked for 2019. I'll make sure I'm in camp next year for the whole week, it sounded like an entertaining week this year!

21-May-17

Blended Family
Blended Family
What a good momma bear! Raising 4 cubs and a Raven!!

21-May-17
Thanks for he reply Pete. While it would be nice to disconnect from the world for a week of hunting bears, having wifi will probably help a lot of hunters be able to make this trip! Looks like an awesome time!! Thanks

22-May-17
We had quite the week of hunting on our 3rd week of hunts. 5 hunters took 8 bears, no missed shots. 5 were well over the Pope and Young 18 inch minimum, with 3 going over 19 inches. Everybody threatened to come back again as soon as possible. New crew of 6 hunters in today.

22-May-17

New Crew of Hunters
New Crew of Hunters
I don't think anyone is in witness protection so here goes with names, hope I get it right, left to right, Ryan Longer TX, Joe Skedel PA, Scott Murdoch Japan, Bob Andersen ND, Rick Bray non hunter, Jason Suratt TN, Conner Bray Alabama. A dog's breakfast of hunters. All ready to kill, well actually to have fun, an adventure, maybe even get a big bear or two. Wish them luck!

23-May-17

Ryan Longer
Ryan Longer
Big bear right out of the gate! First evening. First bear kill for Ryan, even though Ryan is an outfitter in Texas and New Mexico he never gets time to hunt for himself. 325 lbs, 18 12/16 skull, squared 6 ft 9 inches. Shorter stocky type bear, beautiful thick coat.

23-May-17
How did the guys make out.

23-May-17
How did the guys make out.

24-May-17

Scott Murdoch with a giant!
Scott Murdoch with a giant!
Scott got a giant with us yesterday, more pics to come. Also got another kill or two this eve, one to track in morn. Hopefully has a happy ending.

24-May-17

Scott Murdoch
Scott Murdoch
Scott Murdoch from Japan, originally from Utah, with a true giant! 400 lbs, squared out at a huge 7 foot 8 inches with a 19 6/16 head. Relatively small head for a big bodied bugger. Huge frame, long legs.

24-May-17

Joe Skedel with a pumpkin head bear.
Joe Skedel with a pumpkin head bear.
Repeat hunter Joe Skedel with his big ole bear taken yesterday evening.

24-May-17

Jason Suratt
Jason Suratt
Jason Suratt with his first bear! A beautiful coat blackie with a bow. Happy guy.

24-May-17

Joe Skedel
Joe Skedel
And the lawn picture of Joe with his bear. Kinda interesting is that this bear was the opposite of Scott Murdoch's bear. This guy is short and fat, no big lanky frame like Scott's bear. This bear squared out at only 6 ft 8 inches, a full foot shorter than Scott's and weighed 335 lbs compared to 400 for Scott. But Joe's bear has a 19 10/16 skull! Compared to 19 6/16 for Scott. Both great bears!

I guess part of it that I find interesting is that I've been basically called a liar for saying how many of our bears break the 7 ft mark and I've explained that it can simply be due to long legs, long body, just a long lanky frame. Then take that lanky bear and give him 10 years of great farmland food, tons of bait and he blows up into a 440+ pounder. That may not even be possible in some areas where they don't have the genetics for big framed bears, their biggest bears will very rarely ever break 7 feet and then they will have a hard time getting over 350 lbs too, even at an old age, but they can have 20+ inch heads or not have the genetics for that either. I love the details of it all. But you may not care about any of that and just want a fun, adventurous hunt for bears, maybe even get a little one so he is good eating. Each to his own.

24-May-17
Beautiful bears guys! Congrats!

24-May-17
Awesome bears Mike! I especially love the big white chevron on Joe's bear.

Are the white chest markings pretty common, or is it unusual to see many with them?

25-May-17
Hey t Roy, the white chest blaze are pretty common, about 50% of them will have some blaze and in about 20% of the bears it is really prominent.

25-May-17
Same Here, I really like that white blaze! Very nice bears for sure!

Congratulations to all!

Scar.

25-May-17

Big Colored Bear!
Big Colored Bear!
This is the kind of big boar almost everyone wants! He just showed up on one of our baits and has been hooked up with a sow for the last 3 days. Hopefully he sticks with her for another day, got a hunter on it this eve. We took several big colored bears last year but we've been a bit short on killing colored bears this year. We are growing up several of them for the next few years to come though. We don't shoot the small colored bears or any colored sows, not on purpose anyway.

That green and white metal stake is 34 inches tall, 2 inch above like him is huge!

25-May-17
Thanks Mike.

A big color phase like that one is on the top of my bear "wish list"! A big blaze on him would just be icing on the cake.

26-May-17

Relax time
Relax time
Relax time in bear camp, you can play on the swing set or play on your phone! Haha. Or shoot your bow on our big target, get tuned up for the 100 yard shots that are the in thing nowadays or just relax around camp. No good fishing here, just big bears!

27-May-17

Do ozonics really work?
Do ozonics really work?
Do ozonics really work? This bear was wondering about that?

27-May-17

Shooter Bear!
Shooter Bear!
Here is the classic big male bear, the size we are after. You want his shoulders to be a foot above the laying down barrel or 1 inch above the standing 34 inch barrel and be able to see the barrel hole under his belly. The only exception to the barrel hole rule is if you have an absolute giant boar with a hanging belly that would cover the hole but he will be so tall and long that he is unmistakable.

Mature bears, boars or sows will have the similar looking round head, little ears on the side of their head, hanging belly, waddling walk, all the things that you hear repeated over and over to judge what a big boar looks like!? Go by those subjective things and ignore shoulder height and body length and be prepared to screw up and kill a big fat sow sometimes.

28-May-17

Peace River Valley
Peace River Valley
Joe Skedel, his 2nd bear and the Peace River. This is one of the big keys to why our area is so good, the valley is a highway for animals, right into the farmland and our bait sites. Beautiful to look at too!

28-May-17

Joe Skedel
Joe Skedel
Joe's 2nd bear squared out at six and a half feet, 18 2/16 Pope and Young qualifier, 260 lbs.

28-May-17

Bob Andersen
Bob Andersen
Bob Andersen from North Dakota with his last day bear. A sow. We do take them on occasion, as a last couple days, last resort to insure a hunter goes home with a bear. We try to do it on a bait that has lots of sows, pick out a lone one, no little cubs of course and not even one with yearling cubs. I would rather take out the odd sow than kill a 3 or even 4 yr old boar, let those bears grow up on the bait, drop their guard and then be easier to kill when they hit 5 yrs old, weigh over 300 lbs, square around 7 ft or more and have around a 19 inch head. This is 90% of the size most bears will grow in their life.

Bob said he saw somewhere between 50 and 60 different bears on 4 different baits. Just never saw a for sure 300+ pounder. As they say that's why it's called hunting. Out of 20 hunters so far on a 6 day hunt we have only had 4 evenings in total where a hunter did not see a bear. So 4 zero bear hunts out of over 100 hunts is pretty good I would say!

29-May-17

Jason Suratt 2nd bear
Jason Suratt 2nd bear
Jason Suratt with his 2nd bear, a big 19 4/16 skull boar! I think jason was having doubts about our program, us telling him to pass up bear after bear, that he needed to hold out for a 300 plus pounder. Then one popped up on camera hitting in the midday. Jason decided on an all day sit and in walked the bear at 1 pm. A just under 7 foot, 300 plus pounder was the reward for his diligence. Congrats Jason!! Skinned in river valley so no exact weight.

29-May-17

Big Boar
Big Boar
Big Boar on the move looking for a girlfriend, let the breeding begin! Solidly above the barrel height, long, tall frame.

30-May-17

Mark Holbrook
Mark Holbrook
How big do you think this bear is? It's the bear in the trail camera picture above. Weight? Square of the hide? Skull? Win a free bear hunt if you get it exact!!

Repeat hunter Mark Holbrook got it on his first evenings hunt yesterday. (Just kidding on the free bear hunt, but you'll get an "attaboy, good guessing" from me! Haha)

30-May-17
314lbs, 19 2/16th, sq 7'3", paws 5 3/8"

30-May-17
319 pounds.....??

30-May-17
Awesome country and bears! Beautiful pictures. Thanks for the info.

30-May-17
347, 19 1/2, 7'4"

30-May-17
376 194/8 7'4"

30-May-17

I only hunted three days saw bears all the time. Maybe 25. Guide threw sticks at one two times so he could bait. Had three come up to front of blind and tried to stick head in shooting slot. Right after shooting my big one hsd a bear try to rip back door to blind open. Scared hell out of me. Didnt even try to fill second tag with 350 lb boar in the bag Going back in 2019. Unbelievable hunt.

30-May-17
So much for watching the wind for hunting a bear bait .... ha !! The guide had to throw sticks at the Bears so he could get in to rebait..... Awesome !!

30-May-17

Beautiful blond sow with two cubs chewed hell out of a boar. This is not a shooter.

30-May-17

Or these

30-May-17

Front pad from Mark Holbrook's bear, 5 inches
Front pad from Mark Holbrook's bear, 5 inches
Thanks Pete and for the guesses guys, you were close. Mark's bear is the new king of the camp for skulls, 20 1/16! Right at 7 ft hide and 310 lbs.

Also a 5 inch front pad. (Measured straight across, same way you would measure a track in the mud, not wrapped around to get a 6 inch measure out of it.) The only reliable correlation I have found on track size and bear size is that if the front pad is over 5 1/4 inches it is a 300 plus pound, 19+ skull bear. 5 1/2 is huge, 6 doesn't exist in my world, never seen it. And a 400 pounder could have only a 4 5/8 inch pad.

31-May-17

Mike and Monkeys
Mike and Monkeys
My kids on the quad with me helping check a bait site. Love them like crazy!

31-May-17

Cesar Cobavarius
Cesar Cobavarius
Cesar Cobarruvias with his first bear, 220 lb boar, 17 15/16 skull. (Sorry about the misspell on your last name on the pic, Cesar)

31-May-17
Would love to see these. Ears added to the bear thread when the season ends and Mike has time

31-May-17
You are fortunate the kids resemble Jen:)

31-May-17
Haha, good one Charlie! It is good to have a good looking wife and hope for the best!!

31-May-17
Thanks to Mike and my great guide Josh for the big boar. These guys work hard and are very disciplined about trophy bear....Its no accident how many big bears they kill and still have available trail cam confirmed....my second hunt with Mikes Outfitting and I would not even consider another outfitter for black bear!!! If you want a chance at a big bear follow Mikes program and listen to the guide and chances here are very high....the concentration of big boars in Mikes territory is unreal. You will see lots of bears just be sure to follow the simple program if a giant is what you want!

Mark Holbrook Oklahoma

31-May-17

01-Jun-17

The Owens family with Mike's big bear.
The Owens family with Mike's big bear.
Three bears taken yesterday evening, Mike's weighed in at 340 lbs, skull and hide measure coming up soon...

01-Jun-17

01-Jun-17

Mike Owens
Mike Owens
Another beast of a bear, taken on power line bait for those who were also after this bear. He showed up just 2 hours after putting in powerline bait in a brand new bait spot. We carefully chose the spot after some google earth searching and ground truthing it and it's been a great location. Mike Owens is the lucky hunter, one arrow did it. 19 12/16 skull, squared out at 7 ft 2 inches.

01-Jun-17

Here's a crazy looking white blaze on Mike's big bear! Fits with that cartoon, "bummer of a birth mark Hal!" haha

02-Jun-17

Jennifer Owens
Jennifer Owens
Jennifer with a good 300 lb boar, 18 8/16 skull. She had been sitting for a legendary giant bear, the BPS bear. Been around for 4-5 years, been wounded, very smart. Has only been seen once in 4-5 years. He wasn't letting Jennifer get a crack at him after 4 days even though he does hit in daylight. We moved Jen to another bait that we are going to shut down to concentrate the bears on certain baits for the end of our hunts, let her shoot any bear with a nice coat and she comes back with this one! Not bad consolation bear. Now she has two evenings left for a legend.

It is so great to go after certain big bears, and just watch the others come and go, no one has had a zero bear sighting hunt this week.

03-Jun-17
That was first bear of the year, Mike. Got my first last fall. Thanks for the experience. It was fun and I learned a lot about bears. I can honestly say I left a little piece of my heart back at bear camp... Literally, I forgot it in the freezer downstairs, could you throw it out for me? Oh, BTW, the inverter and freezer worked great. It ran at about 120 watts and peaked at about 180 watts. -Cesar

03-Jun-17
Haha on the bear heart! It was nice to see someone so enthusiastic about the meat, you were a pleasure to have in camp Cesar. Thanks

03-Jun-17

Mike Owens with his 2nd bear. Solid 19 inch head, 310 lbs, squared 6 ft 10 inches. Taken at big muley bait.

04-Jun-17

440 pounder!
440 pounder!
And check out the scale on this one, no bull here! Top 3 bear for weight in the last 11 years of weighing them all, well over 300 bears with probably 150+ of them being mature 19+ inch head 7 footers.

I posted a video of this bear on my INSTAGRAM account, just incredible bear. Follow us on it if you want. I sat lease bait because it's close to home, easy to get in to, with my wife and 2 noisy kids to just watch some bears. This guy strolled in and we about had a heart attack! He walked right up to 3 yds and stood staring at my 8 year old son, I thought he wanted to eat him. Intimidating but super cool. We survived the encounter and then we put a hunter on it the next day for an all day 12 hour sit. It eventually paid off.

04-Jun-17

Where to aim?
Where to aim?
Here is the 440 lb giant. where would you aim on if you were so lucky to have him standing in front of you? Anyone able to put a red dot on him? Me not so smart that way.

04-Jun-17

You know before that bear tried to rip off the back door of my blind i thought i heard something!

04-Jun-17
Haha, that's great Pete!

04-Jun-17

SteveB's embedded Photo
Maybe even a squeeze right of this, although this should do it.
SteveB's embedded Photo
Maybe even a squeeze right of this, although this should do it.

05-Jun-17
Thanks Steve, I agree that would do it for sure! Especially from this picture angle from the trail camera. I would not go to the right. For a ground level shot out of our blinds I would aim just an inch or 2 lower.

As for broadheads as much as I am an old school, 50 year old bowhunter, who loves a fixed blade head for elk or moose matched with a heavy arrow. For bears I would shoot a big mechanical broadhead and you don't need to worry if you are a foot back, the bear is going to die within 200 yds or sometimes a lot less. Believe me I've seen hundreds of bears shot from nose to tail with all kinds of heads made over the last 30 years.

05-Jun-17
Another great year of awesomely BIG bears!!

Congrats to you and your hunters Mike!

Mark

05-Jun-17
Unreal Bears. Thanks

05-Jun-17

The Kissella Boys!
The Kissella Boys!
New group at bear camp! John, Nathan and Jacob Kissella. Should be a great week, several big bears cruising around looking for sows in heat, couple nocturnal giants are showing their first daylight pictures of the season. Hope to take another 400+ pounder or maybe a 21 incher!

Last week was a big success, 11 bears killed for 6 hunters, 6 with skulls well over Pope and Young's 18 inch minimum, 4 of those 6 over 19 inches, 2 over 20. A few of the smaller bears were killed just for meat.

05-Jun-17

Marion Owens
Marion Owens
Here is the giant from last week, 440 lbs, hide squared 7 ft 7 inches, skull went 20 2/16, relatively small skull for such a big bodied bear, teeth were in excellent shape so maybe only a 6-8 yr old? Without doing a tooth section it's hard to know past 5 yrs old.

I age the others by past experience with tooth aging and that most bears in our area will fall into a small range of size at a certain age. This I believe is because of almost unlimited feed from a young age with both our 2 months of baiting and 4 months of farm crops to feed on. A two yr old boar will weigh around 150 lbs, 3 yrs old 230 lbs, 4 yrs old 280 lbs, 5 yrs old 320 lbs, 6+ yrs old 340+++. Now bears in the big woods can really vary depending on their food source, who gets the best habitat, feed etc. You can get a 275 lb bear with a 20 inch head or a 320 pounder with a 19 inch head, genetics are a big part of this too.

06-Jun-17
The 3 hunters all saw bears yesterday, 11 in total but no shooters. They said it was more bears than they saw on their last bear hunt for the whole week.

06-Jun-17

Joe Gillespie
Joe Gillespie
Joe Gillespie with his last day two bear kill. Joe had never hunted anything before this bear hunt. He just decided he wanted to take up hunting and his wife bought him a bear hunt. He held out all week, saw 20 bears or more, maybe accidentally passed on a shooter the first evening then finally decided to get it done.

Blame my guide Gerard for the exaggerated picture setup, same sort of setup as the opening of the thread picture but these bears aren't quite as large as those two!

07-Jun-17

John Kissella
John Kissella
John Kissella took this good sized boar yesterday evening, one arrow, bear went 30 yds. All three hunters saw bears, 15 in total.

John's bear had some surprising stats on it, 260 lbs, squared 6 ft 5 inches and an outsized 19 4/16 skull! Crazy big head for a 260 pounder. My guess is this bear is originally a big woods, wilderness type bear that moved into our farmland for breeding, with a skull like that he should be a 325 pounder farmland bear. Maybe the bears first big rut cruise in his life? Probably a 5 yr old. This makes 23 boars for us over 18 inches and 14 of those over 19 in skull, 2 over 20, with 4 more days to hunt and 5 tags open.

Then two Calgary guys for the last 5 days. They bought the hunt when we donated it to Calgary SCI chapter.

08-Jun-17

Josh and Amy Ukrainetz
Josh and Amy Ukrainetz
Some family showed up, my brother Phil and his two kids Josh and Amy to do a little bear hunting!

The 3 hunters saw 25 bears but no big bears. They are not cooperating right now. Hopefully tonight!

09-Jun-17

My brother Phil and his daughter Amy just before getting in the box after a big one!

09-Jun-17
Phil looks nothing like ya Mike! Must be adopted ;-)

09-Jun-17
Haha, yeah nothing alike! He's the younger, better looking version of me!! We opened our guiding business together in 1992 and then he decided to do the doctor thing while I carried on...

10-Jun-17

New Beast in camp!
New Beast in camp!
John Kissella gets a monster 2nd bear! Whoohooo!

Guides Gerard, Cody and Josh did a team retrieval for John.

10-Jun-17

John Kissella
John Kissella
John's bear is an absolute giant! 420 lbs, 54 inch chest girth, hide squared at 7 ft 6 inches AND...drumroll here...21 3/16 green skull!! Super rare to nail all those numbers, 400+ lbs, 7 and half foot and 21+ head. John is pumped. Feel free to throw some congrats his way. (He drew and let down 5 times on this bear waiting for the perfect broadside only shot, that's discipline! Very tough to do when I'm sure his heart was beating out of his chest)

10-Jun-17
Congratulations John. That is one hell of a bear!! Looks like a really nice hide on him also. Now the tough decision. It's a bear of a lifetime and you have decide how to mount him!!

11-Jun-17

Nathan Kissella
Nathan Kissella
Nathan with his last evening bear, 18 5/16 skull, 260 lbs, hide squared 6 ft 9 inches. Nathan also drew and let his bow down well over a dozen times times waiting for the perfect shot, that is how you avoid a wounded bear!

Nathan was diligently holding out for a big 300 plus pounder like we ask all of hunters to do, but it just wasn't meant to be. They were on camera on every bait he sat, same for his brother Jacob but the buggers just wouldn't come in when they were sitting there. That's the way the rut hunt goes sometimes, big reward like John got with two big bears or nothing like Jacob.

Really nice guys and they rebooked for 2020, which is now our next openings, crazy enough. 2018 and 2019 are full.

11-Jun-17
Congrats to John on an absolute monster of a bear! Love it!

And thanks to Mike for sharing another great season with us all. I enjoyed checking on a regular basis to see what bears were being brought in. As usual, lot of bears, lots of success and quite a few stud bears coming out of Mike's camp. Top notch bear hunting operation!

12-Jun-17
And we ain't done yet! Two new hunters in camp for a hunt that we donated to SCI Calgary Chapter. And my guides are getting a bit of end of season hunting too. More big bear pics to come!

12-Jun-17

Ryan Hickle
Ryan Hickle
The Legendary Doug's Bear hath fallen! For anyone that burned up some of their hunt at Dougs over the last 3 years or so. 7 ft 3 inches, 375 lbs, 20 5/16. A huge beast but he was a bit short legged, short frame bear so everything was a bit less compared to some of the other legendary giants. A compact, meat head type beast. Ryan Hickle from Hanna Alberta is the lucky and happy Hunter, 1 1/2 hrs on stand for him was all it took.

12-Jun-17
Mike, Your brother may be younger and better looking, but he gave up hunting and guiding to be a doctor? You must have got the brains in the family!

As always, awesome bears! Scar.

13-Jun-17
Yeah I thought it was a stupid move too. haha. Thanks Scar. One more bear to kill and we are all done, hope it ends with a bang and a giant! (rifle guy)

13-Jun-17

Guide, Gerard Van Den Boogard
Guide, Gerard Van Den Boogard
Gerard with a big Poper bear! Just under 19 at 18 14/16 skull. The guides get to run 2 baits and get to hunt once a week and at the end of the season. A reward for all their hard work, these guys bust their butts!

13-Jun-17

Guide, Josh Harb
Guide, Josh Harb
Guide, Josh Harb with his big ole bear, just a bit bigger than Gerard's at 19 1/16.

13-Jun-17

Guide, Cody Colbourne
Guide, Cody Colbourne
And Cody gets the biggest one! 19 3/16. Biggest guide bear, so far at least...

13-Jun-17
Congratulations Guides! Good Huntin!

15-Jun-17

Family Bear Hunt
Family Bear Hunt
Josh Ukrainetz, my 15 yr old nephew got a bear last week too, his 2nd one, got one when he was 12. Retrieved it in the pouring rain with half my family! It's so great to get these young mostly city living kids involved in hunting. Baited bear hunts is one of the best ways to do it.

15-Jun-17
Love that last pic. Very cool. Congrats on another terrific year.

15-Jun-17
Enjoyed the thread again. This has to rank right up there with your best year for number of P&Y plus bears taken?? I haven't seen much from Eagle Eye, how was their season? Debating about a hunt with him, but would like some more "data"for reference.

15-Jun-17
Had bear cacciatore today really good.

16-Jun-17

Ryan Quaschnick
Ryan Quaschnick
Ryan with a giant! Well, not really but he tried to kill a giant, held out for all 5 days of his hunt, saw over 20 bears but no big 300+ pounders. Took this one the last evening, nice coat, happy Hunter.

AND THAT'S A WRAP ON OUR SEASON! Thanks for following along. And yes it was our best season ever for big bears, some quick stats are 31 hunters killed 38 bears, 24 of those 38 bears had skulls over 18 inches, mostly 18 1/2+ inch skull bears, 18 of the 24 bears weighed over 300 lbs, 16 were over 19 inch skulls and 4 of them over 20, 1 over 21. Three bears weighed over 400 lbs. We had a few wounds on big bears too. Our only disappointment was the lack of killing big colored bears, we took several of them last year, and that will be corrected soon, we have a quite a crop of 2-4 yr old colored boars growing up on our baits now. These stats don't include bears killed by my guides, my family or me. These are all the paying hunter kills.

And we will do even better next year! We improve every year.

18-Jun-17
excellent and know you have time to add all these photos to the bear success thread! LOL

18-Jun-17

Mike Ukrainetz
Mike Ukrainetz
And I killed a bear too. First one in 9 years. I only hunt one bait when I get some spare time and usually don't see many bears, poor setup with swirly winds but it's close to home, easy for me to just sit for 2-3 hrs in an evening, relaxing. Probably sat it over 30 evenings in 9 years, never seen a big one, only had the occasional big bear on camera at night but his one gave me one 10 pm pic this spring which was 30 min before end of legal light, 10 evening hunts later and he walked in. I got super jacked, heart pounding, took a bit to calm myself, he spotted me in the box, started to leave and last chance I had I shot him at 12 yds, went 80 yds. Smart, old, farmland beast. Hide squared 7 ft 5 inches, weighed a hair under 400 lbs and skull went 20 2/16. Absolutely perfect coat, will make a beautiful life size mount for all our hunters to enjoy in the lodge. Made me happy too.

18-Jun-17
Way to hold out for a big one!!! But nine years! Yikes

18-Jun-17
Well done Mike

18-Jun-17
I enjoy just sitting there unwinding from the days work. I almost hope no big one comes in and ends my "hunting". I passed on just two 300 pounders over all those years and both got killed by my hunters on other baits. Big boars will travel 3-5 miles in a day pre-rut and well over that in the June breeding time. If a giant walks in when I'm sitting there my hunter instincts kick in and I get really excited and have to take him! I love bears!

18-Jun-17

Sean Currie
Sean Currie
I forgot about another great hunt! My 15 yr old nephew Sean got his first bear too!! They had a bit of a rodeo recovering it with his non hunting dad Ian, my other nephew josh, 12 yr old neice Amy and ole Uncle Phil. They all loved it and promised to come back. The only problem is they won't pay me any money for the hunt and those dam teenage kids eat a lot!! Haha

18-Jun-17
"Uncle" Mike...I'd like to book a hunt! ;)

18-Jun-17
Give me a call Kota man! We are full for 2018 though and I think full for 2019 too, just waiting to hear back from two guys that wanted to come back. Booking for 2020 now, kinda crazy. Don't know if it's just a good USA economy or what?!

20-Jun-17
The economy might help but I suspect it has more to do with the quality of your hunting operation.

And congrats on a really nice bear Mike - he'll look good in the clubhouse along with the big chocolate.

Another amazing season in the books.

• Sitka Gear