Ambush 03-May-17
t-roy 03-May-17
EmbryOklahoma 03-May-17
EmbryOklahoma 03-May-17
Beav 03-May-17
02-May-17

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
20 yard frontal, looked cagey so I let 'er rip! 125gr judo passed right through and he flopped once that was it.

Kind of joking about the life goal thing kind of not - I've never even been able to get a shot at a crow in many years of "opportunistic trying." They are Wiley cagey birds! Anyone else ever get a crow with a bow?

02-May-17
Yep, very Wiley/cagey indeed! Congrats! C

02-May-17
Congrats, not a easy feat.

My cousin or I got one with a slingshot once. We both shot at the overhead flock and one came down.

02-May-17
Congrats , crows are tuff and with a bow that's great !

02-May-17
I would like to find a nest of little crows and raise them to be live decoys .

02-May-17
Killed a bunch with a shotgun. Never got one with a bow. Congrats! Ian

02-May-17
Never and I have tried very hard!! Killed hundreds with shotgun as a kid. We would wing one and then tie it out and hide behind hay bales in huge hay fields. doubt it was legal but we were 10-12 years old. Shawn

02-May-17
Awesome ! I never even got to full draw on one !

02-May-17
That's awesome, 'cause they are super cagey. I've killed two with a bow and that was with baiting and a dedicated effort. It still took a number of days and many tries. But they were town crows. An actual wild one would be a trophy for sure! Congratulations!

Are ravens legal there?

02-May-17
Ha ha thanks guys! Don't take it hard Pat, maybe shift your efforts to magpies and be a trend-setter.

Ambush - 2!!! You're my new idol. No ravens are protected here.

03-May-17
Wow! That is quite accomplishment! I managed to shoot at one once and he was long gone by the time the arrow got there! Smart little devils!

03-May-17
Same here Brots! They may be harder to kill than old mule deer bucks or big horn sheep:)

Tried and failed many times:(

03-May-17
Scooby, Years ago we tied a wounded one under an owl decoy on a post. Holy mother of crow!! We had so many crows attacking that decoy we could have used tennis rackets instead of shotguns. Three of us killed nearly 60 crows in minutes before we ran out of ammo. Our gun barrels were so hot you couldn't touch them. We piled them all up and came back the next day to do it all over and found all of the crows breasted out. Unbeknownst to us, there was a camp of homeless people down in the woods and they thanked us for the meals they got out of all those crows. I didn't ask how they tasted!!

03-May-17
griz....talk about eating crow!

Congrats APauls! That moose this fall should be a piece of cake compared to the crow!

03-May-17
Ravens are legal in BC on private land. Ranchers hate them during calving and lambing time. Because they will peck the eyes out of the newborns. They also peck at their buttholes.

When you kill an animal, the ravens are circling and squeaking by the time you start gutting. They are the North's dinner gong. I've sat on gutpiles quite a few times without even a remote chance st a shot.

I think the dumbest crow or raven is twice as smart as the smartest coyote.

03-May-17
I'd echo Ambush's statement. I've sat over water for other game species and had ravens fly over. They'll circle and want to come to water, but no matter how motionless and silent I am they always seem to know I'm there. Really, really, cagey birds!

03-May-17
A tethered Benedict is murder on a murder of crows. Years ago I participated in a number of Crow derbies. You had to have everything buttoned up to kill a pile.

03-May-17
So, what pose? Left turn, right... ? Maybe an Indian head dress? Really disappointed you didn't fluff out the tail fan and do the grab and grin w/bow in the pic. :)

03-May-17
Put me in the club that has tried and failed, and not for lack of trying. They have to be one of the smartest animals out there.

03-May-17
Congrats APauls!

I have killed one (36 yarder in a tree)....his buddy came back to see what happened to him, I nocked a second arrow, thought I was going to get a double....but didn't as he took off....

Mark

03-May-17
One more step to my "Avian Super Slam!"

Mark

03-May-17
I hadn't even ever considered this. I may have to give it a whirl! I'm thinking a blind set up just off my back yard by the edge of the cornfield. A little bait spread out over a few days, then a shot at it. Hmmmm. Offseason ideas! I like it

03-May-17
Maybe APauls should start a Crow Meatpole.

03-May-17
Bake.....bad enough you're contemplating using bait, whatever you do, don't even think about using an expandable, a trail cam or your high dollar camo if you attempt this!

03-May-17
Taxidermy ideas...

03-May-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo

03-May-17
My first one was one Fall turkey hunting. One lit 62 yards out and I shot a blunt and hit him right in the head and he didn't even flop.

• Sitka Gear