Kevin Dill 03-May-17
Ermine 03-May-17
76aggie 03-May-17
elkster 03-May-17
reload 06-May-17
midwest 06-May-17
Backpack Hunter 06-May-17
03-May-17
I'm on the cusp of plunking down the coin to get me a Kifaru Sawtooth (with bug netting and liner), and I'm curious as to what Stove everyone is running, and why.

I'm thinking either the 18" Kifaru barrel stove, or possibly the small Ti-Goat Wi-Fi.

For right now, I won't be doing any cooking on the stove (I like a clean camp), but who knows what the future holds.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of both of those I have listed. I know there a LOTS of options out there, so please let me know what you have and what you like/dislike about it.

03-May-17
Small Wifi...the medium puts out too much heat. Easiest and fastest assembly I've ever experienced. Sturdier than any stove I've owned in a light Ti configuration. Longer legs make for easier loading and fire management. Flat top has no negatives and gives you an extra flat surface for a coffee cup, etc. I personally think the Wifi is head-and-shoulders above other stoves for quality, durability and design.

03-May-17
I'm using the 18" kifaru cylinder stove. It is super lightweight. Works well.

The box stoves are better for cooking on. But I generally only use it for heat:

03-May-17
I was planning on going with the cylinder stove but elected to go with the flat top. I don't plan on cooking inside but it sure is nice to set a hot cup of coffee on.

03-May-17
I use a titanium goat in my sawtooth. At the time, I don't recall Kifaru offering titanium. Its light weight, flat top, and sturdy. Burn time is only about 45 min. because its the smallest model they offer. I don't know if they are still in business. Plenty of heat for the space, it will run you out of there unless you use the dampener.

06-May-17
Mike, Mr. Dill turned me on to the small Wifi for my Sawtooth. The day I first fired up the sove it was 27 degrees outside. The small Wifi had it 79 degrees in no time. To maintain temp I had to feed the stove every 15 minutes. Good luck in your pursuits!

06-May-17
How long of a pipe for the Sawtooth and small wifi?

06-May-17
I think the 18" barrel stove is the way to go. Plenty of heat (all sizes can roast you out of it), lightweight, easy to use and set up/take down. I do not cook on the stove.....or drink coffee.

• Sitka Gear