DonVathome 07-May-17
Zbone 07-May-17
Kodiak 07-May-17
Kodiak 07-May-17
osage 07-May-17
Genesis 07-May-17
Mad Trapper 08-May-17
06-May-17
Set at medium how many feedings should I get from 50# shelled corn before it is empty?

$50 American hunter feeder.

Thanks!

06-May-17
I think it's going to depend on your time settings. If it's set at 5, 7, or 10 seconds in feed duration.

06-May-17
Suspend your bucket and open the controller... I suspect there's a test mode that's on a short delay. If I'm right, fill your feeder with X pounds and run a test.

All you'll need is a small bucket to cover the motor with during the test.

Trigger the test, cover the motor to catch the feed and then weigh it.

Hope it helps

06-May-17
I just dump 50# on the ground at a time. When it's gone I dump another 50#..

Had a cat eating on it the other day, so I went and bought 50# of barn cat food and dumped that right next to it.

06-May-17
Many great tips on www.sit0brand.com

07-May-17
I use to dump 100# of corn. Got a lot of deer, squirrels, birds and TONS of coons. If I keep up 2-1/2 days er 100 pounds. Yes that is nearly 2 pounds an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Crazy. Good idea to weigh - already set up so hoping someone had already done this!

07-May-17
I feed shelled whole corn 365 days a year (three 3-quart scoops daily) to backyard critters plus 4 bird seed feeders, its kinda expensive but I get great pleasure watching wildlife drama out the window 24 hours a day, its better than TV...8^) Here it is 1:40 in the afternoon and there a raccoon feeding on the corn during broad daylight... BTW, have one wild female coon who's been coming around for a few years that is so humanized she'll come to the door and take bread slices out of my hands...

07-May-17
Yeah I get alot of coons too. Makes me feel good to feed em though.

07-May-17
Nothing goes to waste in nature, those critters will find it.

Saw a turkey vulture yesterday, I swear he was coming after me. Not yet bird!

07-May-17
The hyenas in Africa are the ultimate clean up crew / janitorial service. Lions hate 'em because they know, that sooner or later a Hyena is going to eat them. Their not particular about whether the lion is somewhat alive or dead either.

07-May-17
Charlie has it right!

08-May-17
Ned is the corn expert.

• Sitka Gear