t-roy 13-May-17
ACB 14-May-17
hawkeye in PA 14-May-17
joehunter8301 14-May-17
ACB 14-May-17
07-May-17

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo
Been trying to call him across the road all day but no luck. Think the old lady that lives there is feeding him.

07-May-17
Make sure your shot placement is good... show video;0)

07-May-17
I have one of those in my neighborhood too. In Denver!

07-May-17
Better have a vaulted ceiling if you're gonna do a full body mount!

Actually, back in the late 80s, I saw a peahen running with a flock of wild turkeys. I saw her from a distance a couple of times and couldn't figure out what the heck it was. She was way more slender than the turkeys. Finally got a close look at her and could tell what she was. The rancher that I hunted on, had several peafowl and she must have gotten confused. Hanging out with the wrong crowd!

07-May-17
Hose Jordan!

08-May-17
If you are able to get a shot in him, make sure its dead before you start the hero video.

08-May-17
Also had one hanging out with turkeys. Saw them together for about 3 weeks then he vanished. Figured the yotes got him

08-May-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I wish I'd seen this. I'd level that peacock.

09-May-17
I had one show up last year .LOL

09-May-17
This is kinda weird. I've heard of about 3-4 different situations of peacocks hanging out with a flock of turkeys around here over the years. Is there a sleeper population of peacocks out in the wild that aren't well known? LOL! I was told that they are very hardy birds that can withstand our cold winter and snow???

10-May-17
My daughter and I had a jake go by with some hens. About a half-hour later the same group of hens came back by us, with a strutting peacock. Hit one with our truck once. White meat, for those who're interested. Lots of good fly-tying feathers and wicked spurs, too. If you're the farmer who had the yard full, northwest of Hutchinson, KS...I was driving somewhere else when I hit that bird.

10-May-17
I know a guy that was hunting some big canyons and no farm house within 4 miles and he had a flock of turkeys come by with a big peacock. He passed the longbeard and arrowed the peacock.

10-May-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
I have one at my place its been here about a year I have been waiting for some Turkcocks to show up

10-May-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo

10-May-17
It's alive it's alive it's alive!! (Young F reference) Had to figure it wasn't hanging out just for the company. Peacocks are supposed to be decent watch"birds" - have a LOUD call.

10-May-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Ever been backing up and have one of those demon birds scream? It'll stop your heart. A lot of people have them and the roam around out here. They are fair game as far as I'm concerned. If they wander on my property or property I have permission to hunt they are toast. Here's one I mounted that my wife has in her office.

10-May-17
A few years ago there was a picture of a "white"turkey in the paper ;it was a Peahen.I saw it a number of times myself;don't think it made the winter.

10-May-17
If a peacock and a turkey mate, is the offspring a "turcock" or a "peakey"???

>>>>-------->

10-May-17
I always thought the Spanish language had it right......

Turkey = Pavo

Peacock = Pavo Real

Can't argue that.

12-May-17
T-Roy thought you might have been in my neighborhood as I too had a hen running with the turkeys I hunted. Never found out where she came from but she lasted 2 years before she disappeared. That winter the flock went from 30 some birds to 9.

12-May-17
During an August 2015 fishing trip on Colorado's Grand Mesa I saw one confused looking peacock standing by the side of the road at a 10,000 foot elevation. It was several miles to the nearest ranch house. Several years ago here in Kansas there was one that spent a lot of time with the wild turkeys.

12-May-17

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
I had to do this for my friend joebowhtr:) Proper peacock shot placement.

13-May-17
Good one Brotsky!

RD, the one I saw was in western Oklahoma.

14-May-17
My dad used to have about 50 running loose on our farm , then the yotes and bobcats moved in and one by one they disappeared. He still has several in pens but none running loose now .

14-May-17
We had one around here some years back. That early morning scream is quite eerie in the predawn, especially when you don't know what it was.

14-May-17
If I'm ever on a hunt, any species, and hose Jordan walks out. It becomes a hose Jordan hunt :-)

14-May-17
Well went to eat breakfast at our local restaurant this morning and one of our local turkey hunters summoned me over to tell me a turkey story . He was hunting at the foot of mt backed up to a clear cut and looking out over a field . He called in a gobbler that hung up just over the rise . He had been fooling with him for a while when he heard something walking up right behind him and when it got next to him he realized it was a peahen . The peahen saw his his decoy in the field and started calling to it and going toward the decoy and ever time the peahen called the gobbler would gobble . It quickly became apparent the gobbler was coming. When the gobble got to where he could see the peahen he came in fast . He said when he shot the gobbler the peahen flew off just like a wild turkey and ran up the ridge . He said he had never seen the peahen before or since.

• Sitka Gear