SILVERADO 13-May-17
willliamtell 13-May-17
bigbuckODY 26-May-17
TXHunter 26-May-17
Paul@thefort 26-May-17
MathewsMan 26-May-17
nchunter 26-May-17
08-May-17
Advice on trail cameras. Wanting to stay in the $100 per camera range.

Thanks!

08-May-17
This can be completely overwhelming. There are so, so many on the market. Figure out what you really want in a camera (other than price) and go from there. For me, I know I want IR (black) flash, good trigger speed, and good range. I bought a few cameras last year and did probably 15-20 hours of research beforehand. I settled on two different ones, and I found that I prefer the Moultrie M888i.

I actually just purchased another M888i today, on eBay for $99.99 shipped, brand new in package. Cabela's has a great sale price on them as well, at $119.99 http://www.cabelas.com/product/Moultrie-M-i-MP-Trail-Camera/2225539.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dm888i Go through activejunky.com for 6% cash back (PM me for a referral code if you like...the usual referral stuff, you get some bonus cash, I get some bonus cash, yada yada yada).

If you can hold off a bit, wait until you get your next Cabela's coupon in the mail. They usually do $20 off $150 or $40 off $250 or something like that. Pick up two cameras, use a Cabela's coupon, and go through activejunky.com and you're right around the $100 price you are looking for.

08-May-17
I have been glued to the computer all day (home sick) trying to figure which ones I like. I appreciate the advise and tips. I'll check it out.

Thanks!!!

08-May-17
I've been using my Bushnell Trophy Cam for approx. 10 yrs. Not one problem, so obviously very pleased.

08-May-17
trailcampro.com All your questions should be answered here. If not call them, their very willing to help.

08-May-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
Check out the trees/brush in the background. About 60/70' from the cam.
drycreek's embedded Photo
Check out the trees/brush in the background. About 60/70' from the cam.
This. A little over a c note at Walmart. This pic came from one that Bushnell sold to me for $100 to replace one that failed but was out of warranty by about four years. I think that's the model no. on the pic. Best nightime pics of any cam I've owned.

08-May-17
booner X2

08-May-17
drycreek - That's the temperature. 57 degrees Fahrenheit, 14 degrees Celsius.

08-May-17
Out of all the cameras I have tried Covert has been the best. I have sold over 100 of the MP8 . The ones that have had issues where sent back to the company and the company replaced them. The guys that have bought them have been more than pleased . Browning hasn't been too bad but guys hate how the sd card ejects. I just got a bunch of the covert vipers which are 12megapixels but haven't gotten feedback on those yet

08-May-17
Cazador should be along soon to give his opinions/reviews... :)

08-May-17
The last 3-4 years I have been doing cam vids only so I look for a cam that does great day/night vids. Been using Moultries. The M999i does a great vid. What I also like about the new Moultries is the 2 yr warranty.

08-May-17
covert is also 2 years

08-May-17
EF Hutton,

The Browning Black Ops is the other model that I have a few of. I like them, just not quite as much as the M888i. The M888i is also easier to setup/use. Both are quality cameras in bowhntr's price range.

09-May-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I really like my Covert. Clear, sharp pics

09-May-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
And a night time pic...

09-May-17
I appreciate the advice.

10-May-17
I bought a couple of the cheapest cameras that Cabelas sell. I think they were like $50. 1 week into bear baiting and I am already down 1 camera from the brown bears destroying it. But it worked good for a week.

10-May-17

Hawkarcher's MOBILE embedded Photo

I like my Browning. Don't recall the model. Excellent on batteries. I change them less than once a year. Takes four AAs. Good pics not great. Got it on sale for $99 a few years ago.

10-May-17
Sorry that was my buddy's Primos pic it seems. He got three of them from Sportsmens Guide for around $100 I believe.

10-May-17

This is the Browning.

10-May-17
M999i day vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsvGOv9xRaM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpYq42OfanA

M999i night vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpGST5tU3go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=migZQvYTnE8

11-May-17
Bushnell Trophy Cams are the absolute best! 4 years on mine, and I never have to replace the batteries in a season. Still takes great photos, and couldn't be happier. Also, I want to shine a little light on Bushnell's great customer service. My wife bought me a Bushnell Aggressor for Christmas, and it took continuous false images and triggers...I mailed it back to them, and they sent me a brand new one...no questions asked. They've got my business, as long as I'm putting out trail cams.

11-May-17
Got some great deals last year on Camofire. Worth checking out. Love my Stealthcams and also like the Primos cams. I got quite a few for under $100 each.

12-May-17
I have had great luck with moultrie m-80 and 888 Check eBay for great deals!

12-May-17
I have 8 of the Bushnell"s and they work great. But, last summer I found some Primos cameras on sale at Dick's for $29.95, named the Easy Cam, and they work great. I bought 4 and wish I would have bought more. Long battery life, great pics and if they quit working or get stolen, I'm not out to much money.

12-May-17
Has anyone tried the Moultrie cellular that plugs into a moultrie camera? I like the idea of just replacing a trail camera instead of a more expensive cellular trail camera when a failure occurs.

13-May-17
IKE, I have heard some good stuff about that Moultrie cell set up. I was looking at the website and it seems to be a simple set up with a choice of simple plans that you can do month to month with no stop penalties.

13-May-17

SILVERADO's Link
Looks to be a pretty good cam, you can get 2 for $100.

13-May-17
in my experience, Bushnell has great picture quality and battery life, but a bit tricky to set up

26-May-17
I've had lots of success with my 8 wild view game cams also the primos easy cam decent quality with no-flash great bang for the buck and not that hard on you if someone trespassing steals them which I have had in years past

26-May-17
I have always used Bushnell Trophy cams and have been pleased with their simplicity and durability. I buy the cheapest model available (usually the one about to be discontinued). Right now that's the plain 8mp - it's on Amazon for $79.

26-May-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Very easy to set up with only three switches.
Very easy to set up with only three switches.
Walmart for $128 for the first one and $84 for the second from FocusCamera.

26-May-17
I have to say that a lot of the animals I've seen on my cameras don't appear as big in the pictures, especially the night images as they are in real life.

I really like my Cuddeback the most. I have a SD card reader that plugs directly into my I-phone and it allows me to scroll, save, and review the card super fast in the field.

26-May-17
I am a browning strike force and covert fan. both about 120 to 150

• Sitka Gear