trkyslr 23-May-17
lewis 24-May-17
Buffalo1 24-May-17
lewis 24-May-17
Buffalo1 24-May-17
JL 24-May-17
lewis 25-May-17
17-May-17
Getting a new 2016 Synergy and always been old school using a peep with a rubber tube .I'm going to try the loop and peep .What peep and what size peep do you recommend.I will using this bow 99% of the time for hunting.Lewis

17-May-17
Never used the tube and never had any trouble with a regular peep. Synergy is a great bow! Good luck.

17-May-17
Thanks Charlie looking forward to using it what size peep are you using

17-May-17
Lewis,

It depends on a couple things. The size of your sight guard ring, and the length from the peep to the sight guard ring. 99% of the bows I set up in my shop used either 3/16" or 1/4". Of those two, it was about half and half.

You'll want to fit and center the entire sight guard ring inside your peep opening as you look through it.

17-May-17
Lewis, I use the 1/4 in peep that centers the sight guard correctly as x man recommends, but just as important for me, I want the larger dia peep to use in low light conditions that allows me to see the pins clearly. I use a Season Choice string and have no issues with the peep turning once the string has been pulled and stretched a few times, thus no need for the tube attachment. My peep only divides the string in two,(not three parts) and the peep is pre cocked to the right angle to allow good alignment and full sighting, when drawn.

17-May-17
Not sure of the orifice size, "hunter" I think is the designation. Fletcher Tru-peep. They are the same design as what Paul described, and I've never once had one fly out of my string in over 20-25 years.

18-May-17
Thanks all this is going to take a little adjusting to but anxious to try.Great info Lewis

21-May-17
RAD Super Deuce 1/4" on all my bows. Some thing about a Fletcher that I have issues seeing clearly through it.

21-May-17
The G5 Meta peep is very lightweight and comes in colours for those of us that see colours differently. Seems 1/4" works out for my pin guard size and distance from peep. 2 3/8" Spot Hogg pin guard at 29" draw.

For several years now I've been using the Specialty Archery Products peep with a verifier. Just switched one bow to the newer 5/16" peep, that when a lens is screwed in it is actually a 1/4" hole. The nice thing about the S.A.P. peep is you can screw different size aperture rings into it. With no adapter, it is 1/4" (the 1/4" model) and you can go down to 1/16" in increments. And when your eyesight fades, you can then buy the magnifying verifiers in various strengths.

21-May-17
Great info thanks guys Lewis

22-May-17
"Lewis,

It depends on a couple things. The size of your sight guard ring, and the length from the peep to the sight guard ring. 99% of the bows I set up in my shop used either 3/16" or 1/4". Of those two, it was about half and half.

You'll want to fit and center the entire sight guard ring inside your peep opening as you look through it. "

This is what works best for me. I shoot a single pin and move the sight out just far enough that I can see the glow of the green ring on my MBG, inside the peep. Keep everything concentric and you will shoot much better. 3/16 should work..but try it out at the shop and see.

23-May-17
Not arguing with any of the earlier posters on the wisdom of centering the sight housing in peep, but I put a greater preference on the peep opening being as large as possible.

I tend to center the sight housing in the view through the peep easily and naturally after a bit of practice without using the visual reference except as an occasional check. IMO, most hunters probably will benefit more from the added low light usefulness of the larger peep than the added pinpoint alignment of the concentric sight housing.

Your results may vary, but if it comes down to a choice, I'd side with the larger peep size and trusting your natural centering tendency unless it has shown itself unworthy.

23-May-17
Specialty archery makes a great Peep. Pricey but allows you to use inserts to dial in your sight window (verifiers and clarifiers too, but not needed for hunting IMO)

23-May-17
RAD peeps I use!!!! great peep

24-May-17
Great info as always thanks all againLewis

24-May-17
I have 2 Synergy bows. Their are great -very user friendly draw cycle, especially when you're old and mildewed like me.

I use a 1/4" peep and wouldn't consider anything else. Better in lower light conditions and best for older eyes.

24-May-17
Know the feeling will be 71 in Nov.thanks Lewis

24-May-17
lewis,

I spoke with a fellow bowhunter at the recent P&Y convention. The fellow bowhunter has a friend who is an undertaker. The undertaker reminded the bowhunter I was speaking to that "it is always better to be seen than viewed."

You are on top and still hunting !!! Keep on keeping on ??

24-May-17
My experience....older eyes need bigger peeps at low light. I guess it's a geezer thing.

25-May-17
Thanks Buffalo it is best to be on the right side of the dirt I do feel blessed Lewis

• Sitka Gear