Lee 19-May-17
HDE 19-May-17
midwest 19-May-17
Hoytrocks 19-May-17
Lee 19-May-17
Tracker 04-Jun-17
SteveB 04-Jun-17
18-May-17
All, I recently asked for some recommendations on sights and have narrowed my search down to a MBG Revenge with a big dog pin guard and six inch dovetail and an Axcel Vision Pro with a 6" dovetail. Both would be 5 pins with the first two pins .029 and next three .019 with alternating yellow/green pins. The Axcel is a bit more but not bad. Thoughts?

Thanks, Lee

18-May-17
I've had both sights, but my last mbg was a redzone, both good but the Axcel is better, I like that the fiber optic is totally protected as it runs through the body of the sight pin

18-May-17
Have both. Seems like my Axcel is more noisy?

18-May-17
What type of noise?

19-May-17
Axcel is definitely the more precise sight, but the MBG is the simpler and a great sight too.

19-May-17
"Seems like my Axcel is more noisy?" My mbg definitely made more noise with those brass pin adjusters, something must be loose

19-May-17
I dumped my axcel, way to much going on and unnecessary parts. I have three MGB accents Verdicts right now, they are all dovetail with different heads depending on my use. If I had to pick one though it would be a three pin head with a revenge housing. The sights have been bombproof for me.

19-May-17
MBG, long time Bowsite Sponsor! Good luck! C

19-May-17
MBG every time for this bowhunter. They are built like tanks and the customized options are awesome. Only sight I'll use. 3 pin Ascent verdict.

19-May-17
No experience with Axcel, but I have three MBG and no complaints.

19-May-17
Just the opposite, no experience with MBG, but love my axcel. Mine is not the vision but is the pro version, 7 pins, .010 fibers. Have humped it through the mountains a bunch and beat it up and still going strong. Don't think you can go wrong with either based on what I have researched and experienced.

19-May-17
Thanks for the input fellas.

Lee

19-May-17
Optic fiber vibrates a little more noticeably than the MBG, not enough to worry about though...

19-May-17
No experience with the Axcel here either, but the MBG is a fantastic sight, CS is phenomenal, and, like said, a long time Bowsite sponser.

19-May-17
I have Axcel and they have improved on pin brightness and I use it on my target bow very happy. I have MBG too and very bright but for hunting I have to say HHA brightness. I use the king pin tournament site for hunting and it's rock solid best I've had to date.

19-May-17
Just ordered the MBG as specked out above! Thanks for the help.

Lee

04-Jun-17
Sold my Axcel and went back to an MBG. No regrets.

04-Jun-17
Which one is lighter? I'm getting very conscious of weight on my hikes :) Love my HHA slider but gotta believe there are tough, lighter options out there.

• Sitka Gear