hoytshooter1 26-May-17
ELKMAN 26-May-17
TrapperKayak 26-May-17
bud 26-May-17
Jaquomo 26-May-17
bud 26-May-17
19-May-17

wyobullshooter's embedded Photo
For those that complain about nonres fees...come on down! lol!
For those that complain about nonres fees...come on down! lol!
On the plus side, I don't need to spend money on a Yeti.
On the plus side, I don't need to spend money on a Yeti.
Full disclosure...I admit I used both a mech and fixed blade. Although they both have their place, I gotta admit I much prefer the mech! Hell, it didn't even bend or lose a blade. Ha!
Full disclosure...I admit I used both a mech and fixed blade. Although they both have their place, I gotta admit I much prefer the mech! Hell, it didn't even bend or lose a blade. Ha!
2 days ago I shot outside and mowed the lawn. Today there's 10" on the grass, and the drift against my fence is 2 1/2'. Gotta love springtime in the Rockies...NOT!

19-May-17
Frostbite on your sunburn!

BTW. I think your mechanical needs a greater cutting swath and current "draw weight" is too low. LOL!

19-May-17
I don't see an exit hole anywhere. Must have used the mechanical the most.

19-May-17
Yep, we got hit pretty hard in CO as well. It ain't July yet!!

19-May-17
This is going to be one of those years when it snows in July!!

19-May-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Those who haven't lived there have no idea how TRUE this is!!!

19-May-17
The way things are going, you may be right! August is the only month I haven't seen snow in Cheyenne. We've even had snow on the 4th of July!

Brian, believe it or not, that Toro's 14yrs old. Today it blew through that crap with zero problems, while my neighbor's big two-stage kept clogging up. Mine was like throwing an axe through it . lol!

19-May-17

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
We just got a little down south of you near the border. About 40" on the flat now.

19-May-17
It's a mess in Laramie. I couldn't get home last night ... got to within a couple hundred yards of my house, and battled 52 mph (sustained -- I have a wind meter on the house) winds to get there. Spent 2 hours on the tractor moving snow -- and it moved back just as fast.

It's amazing to me how that wind moves heavy, wet snow.

But ... this is why we have a lot of space to ourselves, right, Wyo?

Hopefully, there will be road or two open tomorrow.

19-May-17
Rob, You didn't come over with the snow blower.

Lou, I went up Rist Canyon Monday for work. I guess it was good planning on my part. Had to go up Whale canyon rd.

Gotta love spring time in the Rockies.

19-May-17
I used to have an anemometer up on the mountain but it blew away....

19-May-17
I used to have an anemometer up on the mountain but it blew away....

19-May-17
Back in my college days in Laramie, there was more than one time when we left Snort's at closing time and had to use the ice scraper to clear the windshield.....IN JULY!!!

19-May-17
We got snow day before yesterday here in AK and all the puddles have been frozen over each morning. Spring's coming :)

20-May-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
So ya like snow drifts?

20-May-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
It's at the village airport in Kulusuk, Greenland.

20-May-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
A gratuitous pic.

20-May-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This isn't Wyoming....

20-May-17
^^^^ Yeah, it doesnt have elk :)

20-May-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Doesn't have moose either. They do have fox, caribou and muskox....but no elk.

20-May-17
Or antelope! And the wind in that pic is SO mild that the chopper is actually able to be airborne.

Sometimes I saw tumbleweeds that went by SOOOO fast they were on fire!

20-May-17
I was driving thru western WY a while back towing a boat enroute to Oregon. It was very windy that day. I was somewhere cruising on the interstate....I looked in the review mirror and noticed the front of the boat lifting off the trailer....yikes!! The wind in combo with the truck speed created enough lift to get the front of the boat (17') airborne. Thank God for the safety chain. Luckily I had a cargo strap and and tied the front of the boat down until I got thru Wyoming. That was my Wyoming wind experience.

20-May-17
Were you having to drive with the front wheels turned into the wind at a 45 degree angle just to keep going straight? If not then that was a reasonably calm day.

20-May-17
I have no experience judging polar bears. Am I wrong? To me, that appears to be a good sized bear.

25-May-17
Turned out nice again...

25-May-17

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo

25-May-17
Liked that recent thread about a rooftop popup tent and how it can handle 70 mph winds. Love to see how it would fare on a typical Wyo fresher. Rock you gently to sleep too, as long as you didn't mind sleeping in a turbine engine. On the plus side, Wyoming will never run out of wind energy. Heck if I was mayor of say Medicine Bow and the town had a good amount of municipal land, I'd set up a wind farm there and offer every citizen free electricity. You could run an electric-powered snowblower on that. Here in commie Cali we've got 20 mph out of the south at the coast. No snow but the pollen count is through the roof. Min temp is only 50, but the wind has ruined the surf.

25-May-17
In 1980 I was navigator on a P-3 which flew from Keflavik, Iceland to the North Pole, turned south (only option) and landed at Thule, Greenland for fuel. The runway is painted white to keep the earth underneath from thawing.

25-May-17
Have an idea to save Wyoming thousands of dollars. Instead of every five miles putting up a sign that says "High Winds Likely the Next 5 Miles" just put a sign at the border that says "it will be windy your entire drive. Good luck!"

25-May-17
I was reading on one site the folks were saying the northern part of WY is not as windy as the southern part.

25-May-17
JL, the reason for that is easily explained. Nebraska sucks and Utah blows, so southern Wyo is caught right in the middle. Northern Wyo is spared this unfortunate phenomenon. ;-)

26-May-17
Saying it's not as windy is like saying a locale isn't as hot as Death Valley.

26-May-17
There's no wind in Medicine Bow..............................

2 days a year

26-May-17
We got just a "little" of that... ;-)

26-May-17
I worked in Powell in Jan on steel frame buildings, bolting them together. No matter how cold or windy, we wete out there. That chain windsock is no bs...well alittle...

26-May-17

bud's embedded Photo
bud's embedded Photo
Lot of yall already saw this one. Turkey season was interesting this year. Not sure if we will have a hatch or not. I travel a lot for work. Still want to get out and kiss the ground when I get home. Let her buck.

26-May-17
Our 40" of snow from last week melted, so it had to snow a little yesterday, well, just because...

26-May-17
That's just a courtesy snow Jaq. Lets you know who is in charge. [ Cant cheat the mountain),...

• Sitka Gear