wkochevar 22-May-17
Kurt 22-May-17
Zackman 22-May-17
Chasewild 24-May-17
kylet 24-May-17
pop-r 25-May-17
Ermine 26-May-17
22-May-17
I'm in the market for a spotting scope and I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the 65mm ats? I can't afford the atx so that's our of the question. How inferior is the ats? How is the ats compared to a vortex razor?

Thanks

22-May-17
How inferior is it? Not sure its inferior to anything under your circumstances. If that's what you can afford it is superior to everything comparable.... I've had mine for 10+ years and have no complaints. Not sure that helps you Good Luck!

22-May-17
I've had a Swaro ATM 65 HD (20-60 eyepeice) as my primary scope since mid-2011. ATM means magnesium body.........I believe they only make the ATS now-a-days and it is aluminum and a few ounces heavier but optically identical.

I sheep hunt every year where you have to ensure a stone ram is legal on age (8) or over the bridge of the nose. The optics on the Swaro are flawless as far as I am concerned, and it is compact and light enough to pack around on 14 day hunts away from the truck. Note that the earlier non-HD versions are not as crisp to my eye in a side by side comparison but are excellent scopes. As per the ATX, I've never looked though one and see no reason to upgrade as the ATM works great for me. As per the Vortex, a friend has one and it is optically decent but heavier than my Swaro. I'd buy the Swaro ATS if you can afford it. They have excellent resale if that matters to you, probably the best of any optics.

22-May-17
I have had one for several years and love it. They quality vs. weight is as good as anything on the market. You won't be disappointed

24-May-17
Yup. I just bought mine last year after going through a burris and a Gold Ring. The 65 has single handedly changed July from a biking season to glassing season.

24-May-17
These are all great responses. Thanks guys

25-May-17
Anybody used the 30-70×95? Gotta be like a dream!?

26-May-17
I really like the 65mm because of the weight and size. Great piece of glass!

• Sitka Gear