Tracker 24-May-17
DL 25-May-17
tradmt 25-May-17
jtelarkin08 25-May-17
goelk 25-May-17
Treeline 25-May-17
ground hunter 25-May-17
22-May-17
How many guys are shooting a 2 blade fixed head? Or what is everyone's opinion on a 2 blade vs a 3 or 4 blade?

22-May-17
I shoot a 125g Maasai by Grizzly Stick. Overpriced but a great head.

22-May-17
RMSG's Cutthroat, 150 grain head is just awesome!!

22-May-17
The only 2 blade I used on Elk was the carbon express F15. Worked as advertised with the dual bleeders creating flaps. That was the original 1", 100 gr head. I'd use the 125 gr head if I was to use a 2 blade again.

22-May-17
Only with a bleeder. This year I'm trying the Iron Will 125, which is a pretty amazing head.

22-May-17
After killing some game with both single and double bevel two bladed heads years ago, I moved to three and four blade heads with bleeders and haven't looked back. Smaller profile two bladed head just never seemed to give me blood trails that's were any better then just adequate.

22-May-17
I used quite a few different 2 blades but my favorite is the Zwickey delta. You can get them shaving sharp and they leave great blood trails.

22-May-17
I've shot a bunch of stuff over the years with 2 blades. I like the simplicity and the good penetration from my wimpy set-up. I've had great and so-so blood trails - with most being "normal" compared to similar shots with other heads. I think a good penetrating 3 or 4 blade is better for blood trailing but in my experience, placement is a lot bigger factor than how many blades.

22-May-17
I use a 2 blade VPA 150 and 3 blade in the same quiver as they tune the same in both my compound and recurve.

22-May-17
OH, the main blade on the Iron Will is 1 1/8. I know the developer personally and he's a materials engineer - I believe that's the right term. He set out to build the best, most balanced, strongest, sharpest head out of the box. (I know, everybody says that...) The difference between the blade edge of this head vs a VERY popular other similar head under a microscope is staggering. One looks like a scalpel and the other looks like the edge of a sheet of plywood.

22-May-17
The closest thing to a 2 blade i have ever used were Zwickey eskimos...but always with the bleeder blades...so technically a 4 blade. On thing is for sure...they penetrated like no other !

22-May-17
Bill from Iron Will brought some heads to a shoot a while back. Really high quality stuff and I have no doubt folks will be happy with them. They are spendy but there are others that cost more.

22-May-17
I'm a stickbow guy, and I've shot 2 blade for a long time...the old Bear greenies with bleeders, Zwickey Eskimo & Delta, and Grizzly single bevel.

I retired my Greenies after I had one break at the ferrule. Shot a LOT of deer with the Delta...good, tough head. Can be a bitch to sharpen for the first time. Recently tried Grizzlys after reading Dr Ed Ashb's studies...they perform as he says.

That said, I'm runnin' with Woodsman 3 blade this fall.

22-May-17
Used to shoot Eskimos 2-blade. I loved the "non" reaction out of many of the hits. Just stand there....then tip over.

22-May-17
I shoot a two blade. Always have. The last 15 years German kinetics... Expensive buggers.

22-May-17
Used to shoot Eskimos 2-blade. I loved the "non" reaction out of many of the hits. Just stand there....then tip over.

22-May-17
I like two blades as IMO they deal with certain hits (bone mostly) better than multi blades that have a tendency to "stick" more.

Shooting a 125 VPA right now, but have shot a good many the last two or three years from Strickland Helix, Steelforce through Hunar Atilla and a few others. We shall see. The VPA has been a tough head so far, flies well, kills stuff, but I haven't really pushed it so far, not like I AIM for bone, now and then I hit where I aim...... Magnus Black Hornet is a heck of a head, I'm ordering more of those next I think..... seem to always come back to Stingers though, always one in the quiver. Their only weakness I'm trying to address in my two blade quest is ferrule strength. A solid hit and they often are "one and done". Great head though.

22-May-17
Last year I shot a Magnus buzzvut with bleeders. Never found my arrow after it zipped through my Bull. This year I'm using German kinetic 125xl. I can't freaking wait!

22-May-17
I've killed most of my elk with 2 blade heads. Never used the bleeders. Last year's bull was taken with a 125 gr. Magnus Stinger...45 yd pass through, 30 yard recovery.

Head was perfect, I will re-use it this Season.

Best of Luck Jeff

22-May-17
Wonder how many animals have died from Zwickey 2-blade heads? Deltas and Eskimos.

22-May-17
Im such a broadhead whore. I have tried and tested them all.. If this Iron will head preforms like I expect it to, It may be the perfect broadhead. If the German Kinetic Silver Flame had bleeders, I would wear that hat. The Solids have a flaw in the ferule that makes it break easy or they would be in the picture too.

23-May-17
The strength and integrity of the ferrule is one thing that sets the Iron Will apart. The ferrule on the Solids is a much lower cost component but also the potential weak link.

23-May-17
I've shot the Solids and never had one fail or break like is stated. I used to shoot the Phantoms way before Muzzy bought them, and shot them for years afterwards. I get to shoot a lot of different heads every year, and the Cutthroats have impressed me and several others that use them. The Klum's built a great head...

23-May-17
Magnus Stingers with bleeders. Great penetration and performance. And they fly just like my field points.

23-May-17
Buffalo1... "Wonder how many animals have died from Zwickey 2-blade heads? Deltas and Eskimos." A bunch! I used to hunt with the Eskimos out of my traditional bow and my compound, from 1992 until about 2004. I found great enjoyment out of sharpening these heads. When they would shave hair off of my arm, they were done. Now I'm a magnus stinger flinger. :)

23-May-17
I am intrigued with those IronWill heads. How do they fly at the longer distances? Anybody experience any planing issues?

23-May-17
I've used the Magnus 2 blade, no bleeder, for 20 years. No complaints, and yep, I've had them stand there for a few seconds and then drop, or walk 15-20 yards then drop, some run and go down in sight, or I hear em fall. Plenty of blood if i have to track one. It's all good. I stocked up on those heads when they quit making them.

23-May-17
I shoot zwickey deltas,two blade,and hills hornet three blade.got some magnus two blade I want to try this year.got some two blade heads from chine,145 grain,and them suckers fly great.

23-May-17
Great info so far guys! One other question I have is on arrow flight? Are 2 blade typically easier to tune then a 3 or 4 blade or how have you guys founder it? Have had some fits tuning some 3 blade heads.

23-May-17
I shoot the strickland helix 100. It's a single bevel so it's a pain in the ass to pull out of a target (because it apparently twists by virtue of the right or left bevel) but that also means it produces a larger channel than the double bevel. Three pass through shots thus far.

23-May-17
German Kinetics

no other broad heads compare to the quality and sharpness, there are others that are more durable, but these are the sharpest two blade in the industry BAR NONE.

23-May-17
Those Iron Will heads look beefy. (like button pushed). I'd love to get my hands on some of those. Bit pricey but looks quality.

23-May-17
I've shot a few deer with Bear Super Razorheads without bleeders and they worked great. Left plenty of blood. One deer took three bounds, stopped, stood for about 7-8 seconds, and dropped. I don't think it knew what happened. 1 1/16 diameter. Then I started using the bleeders because a friend told me I should. LOL.

23-May-17
Too bad that bow type (compound or stick) was not mentioned with the broadhead preference.

23-May-17
Yes, I think what gear makes a difference. What one considers "good" flight at 180 fps and 15-20 yards may be a disaster at 280 fps. and 40-50. I didn't like the flight of a couple, Steelforce (the big 2 blade, not the phathead, never tried that one) and Simmons were not fit for high speeds IMO. Won't even go into the Bear Razorheads and Zwickeys. A few mentioned here are likely very good trad heads, but prolly not the best for flight out of a performance compound. There are a good many that fly very well out of compounds.

23-May-17
Wow, look at how little shilling is going on for 2 blade heads....I count ;one...and its a guy I like so its OK- grin

For the record, I've bought all of my own heads for years....some freebies many years ago is all.

Someone start a mech head thread and we will have guys that get freebies falling over themselves to shill for them.....grin

23-May-17
I like 2 blades out of my recurve when hunting out of a tree stand. Always goes though, unless you hit a big bone.

23-May-17
Td at the time I've used them 310fps was blazing. The only carbons out at the time were needle thin beemans and the only drop rest I can remember was the timeless barner(?).

23-May-17
I shoot 2 different 2 blade broadheads. Zwickeys or Magnus Stingers out of my 45# longbow. Great arrow flight and complete pass throughs. I'm planning on shooting the 125 gr 2 blade Magnus Stinger "classics" out of my Bowtech on this years elk hunt.

--Mitch

23-May-17
Magnus Stinger and VPA 2 Blade.

23-May-17
Have and do shoot a lot of different 2 blades over the years. Bears, Grizzlies, Zwickies, STOS, Magnus, Alaska Bowhunter Supply. My favorite is the Cutthroat from Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear.

I really like big 3-blades and used Snuffers for years with great success. Usually took a lot of work to get them to spin straight, though. Have switched over to the VPA's in the last several years and have had great success with them as well. Really like that the VPA's spin straight right out of the box and are really tough.

Definitely get a better blood trail out of a 3-blade or 4-blade, but typically a bit less penetration - especially through heavy bone.

24-May-17
Zwickey Deltas since 1993, before that it was Eskimos. I have also used Hill heads, Bear Razorheads, and the Magnus 2 blades....all perform well.

24-May-17
Magnus Stinger and VPA 2 Blade.

25-May-17
22 years ago on my first elk hunt I was using a two blade. Had a cow at 42 yards a little quartering away. I hit her behind the shoulder about 1/3 of the way up. When I went to get my arrow it was facing in the ground 90 degrees from where I hit the elk. I was with a guide and he looked at the arrow. No blood. A few small drops was all. We followed them for an hour until there was no more sign. Went out the next day nothing no birds. He was still in camp and the next week found no sign. The next year I talked to him before season and he said the only thing he could think that happened was when the arrow went in it hit flat against a rib and deflected it forward along the rib cage. It ended up coming out of her chest and not doing anything fatal. Never used them again.

25-May-17
I used to, but, I was getting way too much penetration and the animals were just walking away after the shot and dying so quickly I had to make a change, I mean gee whiz, all the pros on the tv get the mule kick on every shot and get all the fun and anticipation of backing out and leaving the deer overnight. I want to be cool too! :)

25-May-17
Of all broadheads I have tinkered with in my life, I have never gotten one to shoot better than the GK Silver Flame. I had them hitting with field tips at 120 yards before my moose hunt.

25-May-17
RMSG CUTTHROAT 250 GRAIN WORKS FOR ME

25-May-17
The 250 gr Cutthroat is a killer.

25-May-17
well I only hunt deer and elk and bear, I do not go after dangerous game, so my choice the last 2 years, has been the DRT, two blade, with built in bleeders. flies well, sharp out of the package, 29.00 for 3 at the archery shows, 39 at the stores. shot a lot of them that have been posted , but like this head, at 125 grain with modular collar....

Resharpens very well, and has a lifetime warranty....... used both out of my 40lb longbow and compound at 55

• Sitka Gear