willliamtell 24-May-17
ELKMAN 29-May-17
drycreek 29-May-17
EmbryOklahoma 29-May-17
drycreek 29-May-17
23-May-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
He's scratching his ass on my mineral block. Need I say more ? :-)

23-May-17
Oh my gosh that's funny. Thanks for sharing the pic. It made my day.

23-May-17
He's sending you a message !!

23-May-17
Wait, that's my ex-wife! Where was that taken? I've been trying to locate her for 20 years to get some of my money back.

23-May-17
Lou, that may be who she ran off with ! If I catch him before you do, I'll make him bleed !

23-May-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
I guess this is why I hate them. Plus the damn holes they put in the fields.

24-May-17
I'm sure glad all the hogs near me are in confinement buildings. I can't imagine having to deal with them tearing up your food plots and fields.

24-May-17
You dont actually lick your block do you?

24-May-17

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
SILVERADO's embedded Photo
On a similar note dry creek, I hate coyotes as well, this one decided to take a dump in my mineral site. These animals give us no respect lol.

24-May-17
NO RESPECT!!!

24-May-17
What ever I am hunting and a coyote shows up it becomes a coyote hunt.

24-May-17
Same here DL, yotes and hogs get no respect from me. I wouldn't want all of them gone, but since that's impossible anyway, I try to kill every one I see.

24-May-17

A deer lollipop !
A deer lollipop !
On one place I hunt, the hogs wallow all over the blocks, and then the deer won't use them. I don't know why, as the other two places it seems to not phase the deer. Here is my latest " invention ". I don't know if it will work, but it took about twenty minutes to make two, and I already had the materials on hand. We'll see !

24-May-17
I didn't respect hogs either, until I decided to try and kill a big, old boar with my bow.

That was 20 years ago and I'm still trying.

A big old boar hog is way smarter and way harder to kill with a bow than a mature whitetail buck.

I'm at the point where I'd take all of my big Whitetails off the wall and throw them in a wood chipper to trade for one big old black boar hog.

24-May-17
Bigger, older hogs are tough with a bow Busta. They will never come in with the wind wrong for them. The little ones are pretty easy. They let their stomach dictate their actions. It's the same trapping them, the big ones are hard to get in the trap.

24-May-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Then there's the possibility of this. All I can think of is infection if those teeth cut you.

24-May-17
Am I the only one that thinks Lou should be grateful his wife left him? Mike

24-May-17
Busta ribs... Ur outa ur mind.

24-May-17
DL, a guy who used to work for me had a nephew carved up by a hog. Shot the hog with a rifle and the hog ran. He went to look for the hog carrying only a Glock 9mm pistol. Hog turned him upside down and cut him next to his anus ( ewww ! ) The boy damn near bled to death before he got to the hospital. Could have been so much worse, but hogs tend to flip you and go on their way. Got another friend who has been flipped twice but never seriously injured. He's been lucky !

24-May-17
Busta... that's what I primarily kill are the big boars. Maybe it's because they're so nomadic in their search for receptive sows? Come to think of it, all but one have been from a treestand with the wind in my advantage. I just can't pass them big ones up, even if it's the middle of the rut. Okay, it's hard to pass any of them. :)

24-May-17
Maybe it's like the guy who orders okra and jalapeno pizza - it may not taste good, but no one else will eat it. Only had one chance at a 300+ lbs boar. Problem is it was last light and I thought it was approx. 200 lbs and the sows were around 100 so I went for the good eats. Sow ended up scaling at over 200 - damn!

29-May-17
At least you have em! We have nothing to hunt year round...

29-May-17
ELKMAN, when I first bought my place about eight years ago, we just saw an occasional big boar, 175 to 250 lb. type boars. We usually killed them, and wouldn't see another for a couple weeks or more. There was very little rooting, and we never saw a sounder of sows and pigs. Then, about four or five years ago, they came to see me. The thread title was somewhat tongue-in-cheek as the real reason I hate them is all the rooting they do. So far, they don't do much in my food plots, but they root the hell out of a few places where I mow. Words don't do it justice, but it looks like bomb craters ! Holes a foot deep and two to three feet wide makes for tough mowing.

29-May-17
Drycreek is right on target. I used to just kill the occasional boar or maybe a sow with a few others. Now, our fields are like bombs went off. I can't get anyone to hay the place now because they tear up equipment. In 2015, I was driving across a field to pick up a deer I shot. It had rained a couple days prior and I was trying to keep momentum up, but at one point when I hit the pig holes, I had to slow to a crawl. Before I knew it, I had all four wheels spinning and stuck up to the frame. Fortunately, I was close enough to some dry ground that a friend pulled me out. I found a different access to retrieve my deer. :)

29-May-17
Rick, I see more than a few pics of hogs in your profile. Thanks for doing your part ! :-)

• Sitka Gear