Carnivore 25-May-17
Daff 25-May-17
TEmbry 25-May-17
DonVathome 25-May-17
320 bull 25-May-17
Inshart 25-May-17
Florida Mike 26-May-17
24-May-17
Florida gets alligator draw results out in around 36 hours from the close of the draw. Every year.

And I drew a a great unit where I bounced my spear/harpoon off a monster 12'-13' last year! First hunt too - even better. Two tags! Anyone want to split the cost of tag and guide and get a go with me?

24-May-17
California does its entire draw in two weeks from the close of the app period and the CA state govt has got to be the most dysfunctional bureaucracy there is. It's called computers. It blows my mind that so many western states need two months.

24-May-17
Know your Pain I bounced an Arrow off one this yea, he was so big we had to wave military aircraft off, they were attempting a landing on him! Can you share tags?

24-May-17
BPM yes you can

24-May-17
Have to agree. The amount of time many States burn for processing applications is ridiculous. With computers, the process shouldn't take more than an hour or so...

24-May-17
Wy is kinda quick - but still. Realistically 1 week, 5 business days, is very very doable. States that need to wait for winter kills should start apps later.

24-May-17
WY does their elk draw in about 4 weeks, but then takes over two months to do moose, sheep, goat, and bison and there's less total tags for those 4 species than there is total elk tags... Doesn't make any sense other than government bureaucracy not having their feet held to the fire.

24-May-17
it doesn't take weeks - I simply don't believe a computer takes 4 weeks to conduct an automated draw

people delay doing the draw - simply put

24-May-17
Ca may have a fast draw But it takes months to get your refund

24-May-17
Next year Colorado is not doing paper aps, maybe it will be faster, reality is though, a bunch of where I want to scout is still is month or more from the snow being melted out anyways, but I could be electronically and map researching!

24-May-17
Does it really matter? Seriously? Would you be any happier or less happy if the second you hit submit it came back immediately with unsuccessful or successful? Be it 5 minutes or 5 weeks the end results and emotions are the same.

24-May-17
Personally, I'd be much happier. I submit around 40 applications in over a dozen states every year and plan 6 hunts per year on OTC tags based on how many LE tags I draw (which is usually 1 or 2). I'd love to have my results quicker... it'd make my life a lot easier.

24-May-17
Yes faster is better for every reason. At times I have over $10k floating around. What a waste. I apply for over 50 tags - so less chance of getting to many tags. That said I have never had that problem - but it takes more careful planning and sooner or later I will pull a low odds tag that will conflict. 10x less chance with a quick (5 day) draw.

Great point stealthycat! Puters are not the delay it is people!!!!

24-May-17
if it was like kentucky it takes longer so the fish and game guys can rig the draw.

24-May-17
Montana has the worst draw process and experience I have ever seen.

24-May-17
Montana has the worst draw process and experience I have ever seen.

24-May-17
Right Don, that's another reason. The thousands of dollars we lend the G&F departments for months on end. My money could be making me interest. If you put in for everything in CO, NM, OR, WY, and Sheep in ID, the total cost is somewhere around $35,000 in refundables last I tallied it all up. I don't put in for all of them, but I'm up around 10K like you.

24-May-17
sooner the draw, the sooner I get my money back and sooner I can plan other vacations

25-May-17
DonV, What county/lake did you draw in FL?

25-May-17
DonV, What county/lake did you draw in FL?

25-May-17
The draws that require the money up front probably take longer because the fish and game departments want to draw interest off the total sum for a month or 2. Interest in lieu of additional handeling fees, priority point, etc. but don't worry they add those in in a year or 2 and demand more money for those coveted permits. This is a pretty expensive addiction we've gotten ourselves into!

25-May-17
When where you will be hunting in FL? Sounds fun...

25-May-17
Near Orlando and I thought I heard here that G&F were not allowed to make interest on the $$$$ from apps fees?

25-May-17
It has baffled me also....I apply for 2 elk tags and a deer tag and it is a PIA with cash out and not being able to make plans. I am not for more regulation by any means but it would be nice if the states got together a bit. This could be a whole lot easier. And although I do not get to play in the big leagues when it comes to apps I sure hope to be able to someday. Kudos to those that can and do. Good luck to you Don, I hope to hunt the lizard someday.

25-May-17
Don, that is what I was told as well .... G&F gets no interest from our money.

26-May-17
"They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq and Anna Nicole married for love" Mr Rate! Shooter.

• Sitka Gear