DeerMount 27-May-17
walks with a gimp 05-Jun-17
Mike the Carpenter 05-Jun-17
Proline 05-Jun-17
Kurt 05-Jun-17
nehunter 06-Jun-17
26-May-17
Good morning,

I'm trying to get my shooting dialed in on the new Pro Defiant 34...problem is my damn beard, I can't seem to get a repeatable anchor point, and when I stretch out past 60, I can get some wild arrows....

help! I don't want to have to get rid of the beard, but it isn't looking good at this point as far as shooting goes.

Would a kisser button help me get a repeatable anchor w/o trying to rip my beard off?

26-May-17
I would just trim beard till I can shoot comfortable , I think a kisser button could hurt ripping out hair .

26-May-17
My B-I-L uses a kisser button and it rips on my beard every time I shoot his bow. And I keep my beard trimmed up. I will say, I don't have a full beard, so my anchor is directly against my cheek.

26-May-17
This must be one legendary beard to be throwing off an anchor point. Of all of bowsite's contrived problems I am really curious to hear some of the creative solutions that arise from this one. I'll skip past the obvious and head straight for left field....Braid that sucker into some cornrows, you'll have a repeatable "groove" that would serve as a failproof anchor point.

26-May-17
I have, by most standards, an above average beard. It only gets trimmed about once a year. It has never caused an issue with my anchor though...???

Are you certain DL is correct?

26-May-17
I use a kisser and have a beard without issue. However I probably shoot 50 arrows or less in a year from my compound.

26-May-17

ohiohunter's embedded Photo
ohiohunter's embedded Photo
Sooo, you say you're having trouble with your anchor eh? Might I suggest a crossbow.

26-May-17
Need more info. Photo, current anchor point? Unless you look like the above photo, I can't imagine what the problem is. The most consistent anchor points have some fixed point on your draw hand locked to something hard on your face. For index finger release; the web of your hand between index finger and thumb, locked on the corner of your jaw works well. For a thumb release; between your first two knuckles on the same point of your jaw.

26-May-17

aboks's embedded Photo
aboks's embedded Photo
I have used a brass nocking point crimped on for my kisser button for years and it works fine without pulling out facial hair. The other thing I do is I wear a thin neck gaiter over my beard when I shoot.

26-May-17
Holy cow, some of the problems we FACE..... hahahaha

27-May-17
No wonder Native Americans were good archers. No beards messing with their anchor points!

27-May-17
Been there, done that. Try using the tip of your nose for an anchor point. And what the he-- you doing shooting errors at 60-yards?

27-May-17

DeerMount's embedded Photo
DeerMount's embedded Photo
I use a kisser button with the beard and don't have problems.

05-Jun-17
Just wear a head and face cover for hunting.

05-Jun-17
" I don't want to have to get rid of the beard, but it isn't looking good at this point as far as shooting goes" .

A man who gets rid of his beard to shoot a bow, deserves neither.

05-Jun-17
"No wonder Native Americans were good archers. No beards messing with their anchor points!"

Nothing holds scent like hair.

05-Jun-17
So if your shooting was consistent before with your old bow, is it your new Hoyt causing the issues beyond 60 yards? To paraphrase the Prime Archery ad, "I'm betting it is the bow". Hope you get it figured out and have a great 2017 season!

06-Jun-17
The slit on the kisser would pull out a few beard hairs but it wasn't every time. Glue it closed if you do switch.

• Sitka Gear