DonVathome 27-May-17
Glunt@work 27-May-17
kscowboy 27-May-17
elkcrzy1 30-May-17
sticksender 31-May-17
Treeline 31-May-17
elkcrzy1 31-May-17
27-May-17
What are the rules for turning in Colorado sheep tag drawn as your second choice? I know if you do not get a refund you keep your points however I already got to keep my points because it was a second choice, ewe.

I turn the tag and get a refund and keep my points?

27-May-17
Don asked: "I turn the tag and get a refund and keep my points?"

Correct.

Recommend you do it ASAP because they'll be re-issuing your tag to the next-in-line and that gives the person more time to prepare.

27-May-17

27-May-17
I never understood putting in for a tag & keeping smbdy else from drawing it just so one can turn it in.

27-May-17
As usual Sticksender is correct. It's a second choice ewe tag vs a NV desert. Easy choice in my mind. At least it will get reissued.

What are the odds of getting a 2nd choice ewe tag with weighted points? ;-)

Sandbrew

27-May-17
Better question, what are the odds of getting a NV desert tag?

Refund or not, I know where I'd be spending my time and it wouldn't be chasing a 60lb ewe up in GT.

Good luck Don.

27-May-17
Colorado does not use your points for 2nd choice tag you draw. I drew Rocky ewe in 2014 as 2nd and still have my points as apply for rams as 1st choice.

27-May-17
Thanks guys that is good news. Pop-r I have drawn dozens of tags and never turned one in and they were only three people that applied for this one tag and the other two guys will get a call now and can still get the tag so I didn't deny anyone. I guess I should've expected to draw this tag and not put in for the Ewe. After all the odds were five or 10,000 to 1 I guess that's just poor planning on my part.

My combine odds in all states of drawing a sheep tag are over 1000 to 1. I wanted to hunt cheap so it's safe to assume I would only have gotten the Ewe tag.

27-May-17
No big deal. The tag will go back in the system and will be used. Someone will have a fun hunt.

27-May-17
Congrats on the Desert tag. Leave it to the Arkansas guy to lecture you on the ins and outs of the application game in the Western States.

If I didn't apply for everything I apply for and was set on drawing that one tag, I would be sitting at home every fall.

30-May-17
I drew a moose tag and beat some serious odds, I'll most likely be turning in my muzzleloader elk tag which runs at the same time. Im not seeing a problem with turning a tag in either.

31-May-17
elkcrzy1, you probably already know this, but you could swap your Moose tag for the Oct 1-14 any-weapon season, and still hunt elk in the Sept muzz season. Just depends on whether you have the time to do both. Congrats on your tags!

31-May-17
Sticksender brings up an interesting point w/r to moose tags in CO. All moose tags come out of the same pool with no allocation by method of take (Archery, ML, or Any Weapon). Seems that with the extremely limited opportunity to get a moose tag, it would make sense to expand the any weapon season significantly, with perhaps an archery season and or muzzle loader season earlier. These tags are once in a lifetime so it sure would make a lot of sense to extend those seasons.

31-May-17
Yes, Im planning on that. Thanks for the words of wisdom though ! Appreciate it guys.

• Sitka Gear